Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting an error with minimizing the shoutbox category on the index page. any time i minimize the shoutbox, it screws up the sidebar toggle and all the other categories that i minimized become un-minimized. it only happens on the index page and think it has something to do with the way the cookie is stored. i've been able to reproduce the error on some other forums so i'm pretty sure it's not just me

I'm getting an error with minimizing the shoutbox category on the index page. any time i minimize the shoutbox, it screws up the sidebar toggle and all the other categories that i minimized become un-minimized. it only happens on the index page and think it has something to do with the way the cookie is stored. i've been able to reproduce the error on some other forums so i'm pretty sure it's not just me

Thanks, this is a bug and it'll be fixed for the next release: http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-329-issue-with-minimizing-global-shoutbox-on-board-index/

Michael, I don't know if this is just something with my site, but none of my members, including me, can submit a shout using the "Enter" key while viewing the Shoutbox through the tab. Do you know how to fix this?

Even when you have the option for this in My Prefs set to Yes?

In the /public/js/shoutbox.js file, you have this line:

new Effect.Highlight( td, { startcolor: '#ffff99' } );

If you change it to this: new Effect.Highlight( td, { startcolor: '#ff0000', duration: 2 } );
It will now start off red and fade out in 2 seconds. Play around with those the way you'd like to get the effect you're looking for.

In the /public/js/shoutbox.js file, you have this line:

new Effect.Highlight( td, { startcolor: '#ffff99' } );

If you change it to this: new Effect.Highlight( td, { startcolor: '#ff0000', duration: 2 } );
It will now start off red and fade out in 2 seconds. Play around with those the way you'd like to get the effect you're looking for.

Ahh great.. thank you for that

Michael, is there any way you can add a feature to the Shoutbox that prevents "image" and "video" embedding in the shoutbox? I've been looking for that feature but I realized that it doesn't exist. Is there any way to add this to the shoutbox?

manage bbcodes in ACP->look&feel, edit media(NOT MY MEDIA) and image and select areas to be used, specifically excluding shoutbox shouts.

So, I'm looking for a setting that's part of the Shoutbox settings, that's easy to manage, not being forced to go through several clicks in order to enable or disable something. I'm hoping that Michael can add this to the standard Shoutbox settings. I just don't feel comfortable messing around with the BBCODE settings.

I don't have any plans to add this to the Shoutbox settings. The bbcode management system is designed for exactly this sort of need. If I added something to the Shoutbox settings, I'd have to take these existing settings into consideration, and figure out some way to make them not conflict.

Micheal, now I have a problem with the resize border to resize te shoutbox (bigger / smaller).. It not working anymore.
Rebuilded my caches etc. Can't figure out what the problem is.. Bug?

Edit: Reloaded shoutbox.js.. Problem solved :/

Edit:

Yes. I've cleared my cache, I've cleared my cookies, I've made sure the option is on, but it still doesn't work.

Edit: Never mind, I seem to have fixed it.

This is not working op my site.. http://bit.ly/nEdG8P @Shoutbox tab.. Proberly the text-editor?

Anyone know if its possible "yet" to have shoutbox show up on an IP.Content page?

It should be possible now, but only on pages that use the IP.Board wrapper. Just either show the Global Shoutbox hook on all pages, or use the whitelist feature to select which pages it shows on.

I love the shoutbox, and it's great of you to take it onboard and maintain it for everyone, thank you.

I have a small problem, i had the previous shoutbox version and just upgraded my forum and the shoutbox today.

I have enabled all of the application and its hooks, and yet under the shoutbox settings, i am still missing two options on the left side (they are showing up on my localhost fresh install) that allow you to move the position of the shoutbox etc.

Also, when going to SETTINGS - Shoutbox there is one option there that says it should have 8 setttings inside (i think) when clicking this, it is empty.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Archived