Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I just did the update of the shoutbox to to 1.2.1 in and I think I found two problems:

We can no longer resize the shoutbox.

I think there is a problem with the CSS (see screenshot) :

post-138210-0-55883900-1312999572_thumb.

I've only do the update of the shoutbox.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french [img]

[/img]

- Laurent -

For the resizing, I evidently left some code in the /public/js/shoutbox.js file during development that broke that. Please re-download and get a fresh copy of this file and upload it to your site. Hit Ctrl+F5 to be sure to reload that file.

I don't have any explanation for your screenshot, I don't see that on my end.

Hi,

I just updated to 1.2.1 and I can't make it work! I don't see the shoutbox anywhere on the forums.

I checked permissions and the app is enabled as well.

Are you referring to the Global Shoutbox hook, or the Shoutbox application itself?

For the resizing, I evidently left some code in the /public/js/shoutbox.js file during development that broke that. Please re-download and get a fresh copy of this file and upload it to your site. Hit Ctrl+F5 to be sure to reload that file.

Nice job, it's work now %7Boption%7D

I don't have any explanation for your screenshot, I don't see that on my end.

Hmmm strange...

EDIT : I think the problem is RTE, if I click on the smiley that is in the RTE, it goes something strange, (the smileys come from the right, not from the top.)

PS : My website : http://fragandrock.fr

If I open shoutbox page whit window.innerWidth > 1400 px

I see

<div class="ipsBox table_wrap" id="shoutbox-wrapper">

else i see :

<div class="ipsBox table_wrap" id="shoutbox-wrapper" style="width: 100%;">

o = $('shoutbox-wrapper');

if (o && w < 1400)

{

o.setStyle( 'width:100%;' );

}

this fix whit js code probably no need al browser work fine whitout this fix.... ;

post-17827-0-62016600-1313010641_thumb.j

Regards

Ah, OK, that only shows up when the browser is narrow as the page is loading. I changed that line to this:

o.down().setStyle( 'width:100%;' );

That makes the div one level down be 100% instead. The div it was trying to set that on had padding which led to that issue.

I am attempting to add a Moderator by name and have selected a member with a name that is 3 letters long. After selecting his moderator options I get the following message when I try to add him.

Member name is empty or too short, please try again

I am attempting to add a Moderator by name and have selected a member with a name that is 3 letters long. After selecting his moderator options I get the following message when I try to add him.

Member name is empty or too short, please try again

Michael,

Thank you for the work you've done. This shoutbox has been a really fun addition for my forum for quite some time. Was very glad that you chose to take it over and keep it going.

I have read this whole post and I could have overlooked it if this problem was mentioned before ( I am a book reviewer and I spend most of my days reading so my eyes are a bit sore :) ) but I've enabled the active users hook and it's not showing up. I thought upgrading to this newest version would help but it didn't and I even just tried re-importing all my hooks and I still cannot see the active users on my shoutbox index.

^ I'm having the same problem but you can add the following links while your in the shoutbox admin page &app=shoutbox&module=settings&section=settings&do=hook_global and &app=shoutbox&module=settings&section=settings&do=hook_active

I posted in the wrong topic so I'm just going to quote myself.

I compared the settings I used on my 3.1.1 live board and they look identic to me.

The only button I see showing up is the load moderation options. I created 2 mod groups in the acp with all permissions checked as yes and also in the member group settings I checked the edit their shouts option. Still the button as showed in your pic is missing.

I will perform a new clean installation later on today and see what happens.

I created a new database and performed a clean installation of IPB 3.2.1 and shoutbox 1.2.1 and set all settings like they should be, though the edit shouts button did not show up, only the load moderation options one.

I also installed a few skin sets and strangely for some of them the edit shouts button did show up. It concerns those skins that have a skin set, an image set and a replacement set, for these skins both buttons are present.

For the IP.Board default skin and all other skins that I have imported (having only skin and images sets), I have only the moderation options button available. So I'm beginning to think it's more a kind of skin issue. I have no programming skills, so I really have no idea where to fix this issue.

For the records, the issue goes for FF5 and IE9 as well ...

When you type in the first three letters, do you then click on their name from the dropdown that appears to populate the member's name into that box?

Does anyone know a way to get the sidebar running beside the shoutbox ?

I tried this but the latest news part isn't there for 3.2.1:

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/338107-shoutbox-resized-sidbar-moved/page__hl__shoutbox__fromsearch__1"]http://community.inv...__fromsearch__1[/url]

The only way to do this is manually edit the hook point from the Manage Hooks point, doing so is up to you, not how this hook is designed to work.

Also I'm trying to get the shoutbox to show on the arcade and just on the board index, I can get it to show on the arcade by using the include on these pages settings but I can't get the shoutbox to show on the board index then.

Use the same include method you're currently using, but then also add this line:

app=forums,module=forums,section=boards

Michael,

Thank you for the work you've done. This shoutbox has been a really fun addition for my forum for quite some time. Was very glad that you chose to take it over and keep it going.

I have read this whole post and I could have overlooked it if this problem was mentioned before ( I am a book reviewer and I spend most of my days reading so my eyes are a bit sore :) ) but I've enabled the active users hook and it's not showing up. I thought upgrading to this newest version would help but it didn't and I even just tried re-importing all my hooks and I still cannot see the active users on my shoutbox index.

Have you adjusted the settings for it to let your group see it?

^ I'm having the same problem but you can add the following links while your in the shoutbox admin page &app=shoutbox&module=settings&section=settings&do=hook_global and &app=shoutbox&module=settings&section=settings&do=hook_active

I posted in the wrong topic so I'm just going to quote myself.

If you don't see the links for the settings for those hooks, try disabling and re-enabling the hooks. If that doesn't work, then go to the Manage Applications & Modules page in your Admin CP and click the Recache Apps & Modules button.

I created a new database and performed a clean installation of IPB 3.2.1 and shoutbox 1.2.1 and set all settings like they should be, though the edit shouts button did not show up, only the load moderation options one.

I also installed a few skin sets and strangely for some of them the edit shouts button did show up. It concerns those skins that have [u]a skin set, an image set and a replacement set[/u], for these skins [u]both[/u] buttons are present.

For the IP.Board default skin and all other skins that I have imported (having [u]only skin and images sets[/u]), I have only the moderation options button available. So I'm beginning to think it's more a kind of skin issue. I have no programming skills, so I really have no idea where to fix this issue.

For the records, the issue goes for FF5 and IE9 as well ...

Hello,

The edit own shout button doesn't appear for the member group set.

I have set permissions on Manage Moderators but still not appear the edit own shout button.

The edit button not showing up is an IP.Board bug due to a missing macro: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-32574-edit-post-icon-replacement-removed-but-still-referenced/

Give Michael a break, holy cow. 24 pages already.

@Logix,

Its a variable height. Drag that line to make whatever size you want. There is not set size. (well I guess maybe the size it defaults to)

I posted this in the IP.Board Technical Support thread and I was told to move it here.

And that isn't what I mean't. I meant the shouts section height. Please view the images again.

Hi,
How do I change my Shoutbox Height to look like the image below? Thanks.^^

%7Boption%7D

What I mean is a permanent shoutbox height. You can see the difference here in the default IP.Board skin and this other shoutbox skin:

%7Boption%7D

Archived