Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello,

I have a new board re-installed and manually installed a few new smilies, since then the smilies button for the Shoutbox dows not work, the box for teh smilies does not open. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Do you have the latest version? This issue was fixed in 1.2.1.

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-314-global-shoutbox-smilies-button/

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed yet, or not. When the shoutbox does an auto-refresh, it appears that the image at the top (the refresh image?) pushes everything up about a quarter inch or so. This makes it pretty difficult to manage moderating duties or edit posts. Is there any way to fix this?

Here's what I'm looking at, but can't seem to make it stop pushing everything up.

#ajax_loading {

background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #95C715 0%, #7BA60D 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

border: 1px solid #7BA60D;

border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px;

box-shadow: 0 3px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 -1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;

color: #FFFFFF;

left: 46%;

padding: 5px 0 8px;

position: fixed;

text-align: center;

top: 0;

width: 8%;

z-index: 10000;

EDIT: I think I just figured something out. If I change "Auto-hide refresh button?" to "No" the problem goes away.

I'm not sure if this has already been addressed yet, or not. When the shoutbox does an auto-refresh, it appears that the image at the top (the refresh image?) pushes everything up about a quarter inch or so. This makes it pretty difficult to manage moderating duties or edit posts. Is there any way to fix this?

Here's what I'm looking at, but can't seem to make it stop pushing everything up.

#ajax_loading {

background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #95C715 0%, #7BA60D 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;

border: 1px solid #7BA60D;

border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px;

box-shadow: 0 3px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 -1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset;

color: #FFFFFF;

left: 46%;

padding: 5px 0 8px;

position: fixed;

text-align: center;

top: 0;

width: 8%;

z-index: 10000;

EDIT: I think I just figured something out. If I change "Auto-hide refresh button?" to "No" the problem goes away.

I have never seen the issue you're describing, it must be something with a third party skin you're using. The setting you're referring to shouldn't have anything to do with that, unless again it's an issue with your skin.

Hello Michael,

I'm using IPB 3.2.2 with Shoutbox 1.1.2 and members with IE < 9 are reporting browser slowness and long running scripts.

Don't know if it's related to the shout, but only occurs in the board index where the shout is running.

Thanks

This is a resource intensive application, especially if you're going to show the global shoutbox hook and allow it to auto refresh. If that is causing issues on your site, then you should consider disabling those options.

how do you remove the ajax loading screen that keep appearing once it update the shoutbox,

i rather thinks bit uncessary to use

That shows up every time anything in IP.Board does an ajax action, you can't disable it without disabling it everywhere else IP.Board would do something with ajax. If you find it annoying, stop the auto-refreshing.

I have never seen the issue you're describing, it must be something with a third party skin you're using. The setting you're referring to shouldn't have anything to do with that, unless again it's an issue with your skin.

I'm using the default IP.Board skin, with no modifications.

EDIT: I'm using the default IP.Board skin, with no skin modifications.

I know this has been asked and i've seen it somewhere, but can't find it anymore.

Is it possible to prevent IMG bbcode and MEDIA bbcode posting into shoutbox?
I would like to prevent it doing that, because it breaks the layout of my forums in sidebar hook.

This would also be excellent option if you could choose in admin panel what BBCodes it parses.
Thanks for great app Michael :)

I like the chat box but is it possible to

a) change the font to be a bit smaller
b) change the data so that it does not take as much space up (eg 8 Sep rather than 8th September 2011)
c) have the text going a bit more to the left and right, there is just a bit too much space wasted on the left/right at the moment.

I ask as I feel now lots of space is taken up by timestamps and wasted space and would prefer more actual chat to be seen.
If that makes sense!

Thanks

My development board is still 3.2.1. So if this does this in IP.Board 3.2.2, then it sounds like an IP.Board issue.

I have this exact same thing happen except I'm using 3.2.0. I will however be upgrading all my things to 3.2.2 soon so who knows. I've never had any complaints and it never bothered me so I never thought to put in tracker. Basically just letting ya know it isn't a 3.2.2 isolation.

OK I have actually been able to shorten the time stamp myself and I will share that, hopefully might help others.

In "Long time format" in the Global Configuration of the Shoutbox settings I have changed it to:

%H:%M, %d %b

The time stamp now appears as:

09:24, 08 Sep

so it is much shorter.

------

I took a look at that template and that is way beyond me, I don't want to mess with that.

If anyone could tell me how to give the shouting area 4-5 more pixels on the left and right sides, would be great.

Thank you.

OK I have actually been able to shorten the time stamp myself and I will share that, hopefully might help others.

In "Long time format" in the Global Configuration of the Shoutbox settings I have changed it to:

%H:%M, %d %b

The time stamp now appears as:

09:24, 08 Sep

so it is much shorter.

Shoutbox > Settings > Global Configuration > Long time format

%d %B %Y - %I:%M %p

Change it to:

%I:%M %p - %d %b

Edit: Oops, misread. I just remembered seeing you asking about it earlier. Figured I'd post the fix since I figured out how to change it on my board.

Archived