Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Look at the posts directly below the one I just linked you to, that guy had the same problem, do what I suggested there.

This topic is getting so long because I have to repeatedly answer the same questions over and over, it seems like half of my responses are me linking to another post I'd made to answer the same question again. Now I know why this app gets dropped by developers.

That FAQ suggestion (and text file) might not be a bad idea at some point then. %7Boption%7D , then again...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has to do with theme 1, because the shout field at theme 2 in IE8 is at the same place as in theme 1. But only the post functios are below the shouts and not at the side of it..

When using theme 2 it needs to have a width of 100% and a clear.

If you (or anyone, for that matter) know a specific code change that would fix it, then please let me know. I didn't write this app, and I'm not a designer who knows all the little IE quirks and how to fix them.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to have youtube vids show as a link instead of the video? I turned off BB code which worked to a point.. it just shows the url now. But it would be nice if it was clickable.

Disable the functioning of the media bbcode, but keep the URL bbcode enabled for use in the shoutbox. Then it will work.

O. This is not a setting within the Shoutbox settings.

Load up your BBCode settings in the ACP. Find the media bbcode and click Edit.

Find this setting:

Where can the BBCode be used?
You can enable and disable this BBCode in different sections individually

Unselect the "Shoutbox Shouts" option.

Hope this helps.

OK, I figured out the issue in IE8. The announcement div has colspan='2' set, so each <td> in the table using that style also has to have colspan='2' set. It's a bit tricky to get clear manual patch instructions, so rest assured this fix will be included in 1.2.1.

Did you recache templets? Also you can go into System > Manage Applications & Modules > Edit Application: Shoutbox

You must make sure that there is something in the 'Appication Public Title' (This is what text will appear in the menu tab and at top of shoutbox). You must then go into the Tab Permissions on that same page and make sure the application is not hidden for all current and future groups.

*EDIT* (Go Packers!)

Having the global shoutbox hook enabled seems to significantly slow down my website. Almost twice the load times. Any suggestions? Maybe some settings I could change to improve it?

Other than disabling the hook I don't know. I have yet to experience site response times slower because of hook.

Hello Michael, I updated Shoutbox 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 now I see this error on main page
Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makenameformatted() in /var/www/koshelkov/data/www/live.cstation.net/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 700
Tried to rebuild skin cash doesn't helped. Using not standard skin. Please help :)

Hi, i installed this and i couldn't get on my forum index only in the ACP, but when i disabled [size=4]Shoutbox (Global) in hooks [/size][size=4]i could get back on my index, any ideas? [/size]

I don't understand what you mean, the forum index itself wouldn't load? Did you get just a white page on the forum index?

http://49ersnews.com/forum

in the Menu, where I have 49ersnews.com - Forums - Members - (I want Shoutbox link here) I cant figure out how to add a Shoutbox link to the menu. I have seen other boards where they have Shoutbox listed in the Menu.

Go to the Manage Application & Modules page in the Admin CP, edit this application, and make sure the tab is not hidden, and that your group has permission to view it.

Having the global shoutbox hook enabled seems to significantly slow down my website. Almost twice the load times. Any suggestions? Maybe some settings I could change to improve it?

This application does require a significant amount of resources, especially on busy boards with the global hook on lots of pages, repeatedly pinging the server to see if there are new shouts. All I can really suggest is raising the shoutbox refresh rate to a higher value, so it refreshes less frequently, or only show the global shoutbox on selected pages.

Hi,

Any chance that new version will have any new visual style like 3.2 do (gravatars)...for Sidebar...check screens [img]

[/img]

Now

[img]

[/img]

New?

[img]

[/img]

Cheers!

Not likely to happen anytime soon, no.

Archived