Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Use the BBCode Management page in the Admin CP to control where BBCodes parse. Edit each BBCode you want to restrict and change the setting that says where it can be used to exclude the Shoutbox (select everything except the Shoutbox).

Thanks Michael!
First time i noticed that here :o
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function shout_row() on a non-object in /home/....................../applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 710

Upgraded to 3.2.2 and using version 1.2.1 of Shoutbox

Thanks for any help provided.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/326667-download-shoutbox/page__view__findpost__p__2140417

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

This error keeps coming up on my site...i had to disable the global shoutbox hook in order for my site to work...i still have a tab for the shoutbox but it displays the same error does anyone know how to fix this? my sote url is http://reality-dynasty.com

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY shouts DESC' at line 1 IP Address: 208.102.79.36 - /index.php?/shoutbox ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT( s_mid ) as shouts FROM shoutbox_shouts WHERE s_mid = ORDER BY shouts DESC

This is my problem how do i fix it tho

Hi there i posted this before but it was not answered, i am not able to send my shout when i press the "enter" key on my keyboard this happens only on the big shoutbox can you guys help me out thanks^^.

The new editor IP.Board uses does not allow this to work any longer, you can only use Enter to submit a shot from the regular textarea box on the global shoutbox hook.

The new editor IP.Board uses does not allow this to work any longer, you can only use Enter to submit a shot from the regular textarea box on the global shoutbox hook.

Is there a way to use the regular textarea box on the main Shoutbox page? I only use the Shoutbox for plain text and links anyway, so losing the editor is no big deal for me.

This has been repeatedly mentioned in this topic, and repeatedly answered by me. That is a bug, it will be fixed in the next release.

Everytime I have to answer a question again, that makes this topic just a little bit longer, and thus the next person who comes with the same question a little less likely to look before asking. PLEASE read the topic to see if your issue has been mentioned before posting.

I'm trying to exclude the Shoutbox from my IP.Content pages. The directions from the ACP setting says...

"For example to exclude it from the 'Search' page write this: act=search." I'm not exactly sure what to fill in for the Pages list.

The way this setting works is complicated. You can basically use any $this->request value in the pages list. But the problem is, that will vary depending on your IP.Content setup. I'll see if I can add a way in a future version to get it to output some more data that may help build this pages list.

Hey, great app BTW...

After upgrading to ipb 3.2.2, using IPB skin and updating shoutbox to 1.2.1, yesterday users can no longer hit enter to submit posts. Users have to use 'Shout' the button. Also in Chrome the 'Shout' button does not work as well.

The enter key to submit shouts will only ever work in the Global Shoutbox hook, IP.Board's new editor does not let me capture key press events like that anymore. You don't mention where you're having this problem, though, so I don't know if that answers your question. The Shout button should always be working fine, even in Chrome, though. I can't reproduce any issues there.

Archived