Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a question.

I don't seem to have any control over how big the shoutbox appears, in terms of depth. Right now it is a bit crunched up on my index page (sidebar mode) and only the last 3 or so shouts can be seen.

Any way to elongate it so that more of it can be seen?

Thank you

Is there a way to setup different shout box's per forum? For example a private forum?

No, it's just a single Shoutbox.

Heres a question.

I don't seem to have any control over how big the shoutbox appears, in terms of depth. Right now it is a bit crunched up on my index page (sidebar mode) and only the last 3 or so shouts can be seen.

Any way to elongate it so that more of it can be seen?

Thank you

Move your mouse around near the bottom of the Shoutbox area until the cursor changes, you can then drag and drop the Shoutbox to resize it.

I don't understand. I installed the update for Shoutbox 1.2.2 and it worked fine with my forums so why is it reported it as broken? I just installed the new update and I had no problems with it. Obviously, someone either tried to inistall it on a 3.1.4 board or they didn't upload or install it correctly.

Michael, there is nothing wrong with the installation for the new release of 1.2.2. I installed the update perfectly with no problems. Excellent job. Ignore the "broken" report on your recent release.

:grin:

I can't reproduce any such issue. When I have an emoticon that uses that code, it works the same in both a forum post and in the Shoutbox.

please look my forum post screen shot working some emoticons >>> click me

also see my sb screen shot >> click me

Its working in main sb bot not working in global sb

also in main sb when i press enter key its new new line cant enter shout by pressing enter key

please support me

please look my forum post screen shot working some emoticons >>> click me

also see my sb screen shot >> click me

Its working in main sb bot not working in global sb

I still cannot reproduce any such issue in the Global Shoutbox hook, they use the same emoticons.

also in main sb when i press enter key its new new line cant enter shout by pressing enter key

please support me

This has been gone over multiple times, IP.Board's new editor does not allow this feature to work anymore. Pressing Enter to submit a shout can only ever work in the Global Shoutbox hook.

Michael;

I'm assuming it would be very simple to change the title of the shoutbox? I'd like to rename it to 'chat' as shouting seems wrong to me and my forums users are the type of bunch to be picky about using it when it's called shout :P Just a case of editing the lang files right?

Since I have a fluid website, the shoutbox spans far across the top of my site. It seems like a lot of empty space. What I would like to do is place a box on the right of the shoutbox. Perhaps a square banner or ad in that space. Another possibility is to just add a square banner inside the right side of the shoutbox. Is this possible? Any general place in the templates I can look to play with the code?

Thanks for any help.

Archived