Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not, it's definitely still there. If you don't see it on either your installed or disabled list of hooks, then make sure you have properly uploaded all of the files for this app and then click the Reimport Application Hooks button on the Manage Hooks page.

Yes that fixed it i had to click on the Reimport Application Hooks button

Enter Key Acts As 'Shout' Button?

doesn't work when the shoutbox is viewed from the actual shoutbox mod page. You have to press "tab" then enter for the shout to submit

Clearly I need to re-word this setting. This has been mentioned at least half a dozen times in this topic. That setting now only can work in the Global Shoutbox hook, the new editor does not allow this app to capture that keypress event.

One last question, how do i set it so it only shows on the main forum page?

Thanks again for this great mod

Please refer to my first response to this question of yours, here.

Michael;

I'm having some skinning issues, the shoutbox page slightly extend my theme but I was also wondering if there was an option to remove the copyright
and if you would be willing to rename 'shoutbox' to 'chat' as I've tried doing it with lang file and it's totally screwed up, so I left it. If your open to this please let me know how much you would require.

P.s I also thought I had seen a mod that added 'who's shouting' to the board index, tho i cant find it again.

I'm having some skinning issues, the shoutbox page slightly extend my theme

This app is designed for the IP.Board default skin, third party skins may need tweaks to make things look correct.

I was also wondering if there was an option to remove the copyright

No, unless you've purchased Copyright Removal from IPS.

and if you would be willing to rename 'shoutbox' to 'chat' as I've tried doing it with lang file and it's totally screwed up, so I left it. If your open to this please let me know how much you would require.

Don't touch the language files directly, if you want to change on-screen text you would do so through the Manage Languages page in the Admin CP. If you want to change the name of the application itself, you would do that in the Manage Applications & Modules page in the Admin CP.

P.s I also thought I had seen a mod that added 'who's shouting' to the board index, tho i cant find it again.

That's a hook that's included in the app.

My theme is the default skin, only slightly modified but I've also noticed that the shoutbox field also extends on your invision focus site, However with the changes my theme as it also messes the header/active users. (any chances of helping me resolve this?)

Thanks, I've changed the tabs name but I can't find anywhere within the acp to change the language.

It looks like that issue with the size of the shoutbox is an issue with the resizeShoutbox javascript function, I'm not sure it's actually even needed anymore. I'll see if I can have this patched for the next release.

You don't need to edit protected language files. Go to the Admin CP, Look & Feel tab, Manage Languages page. Click on English. Click the Shoutbox tab. Click public_shoutbox. Then go through the list of words there and change what you need.

Archived