• Last Reply

in all the groups, i have html disabled

in the bbcoding, i have html only allowed by admins

in the bbcoding, the url and img are both not allowed in shoutbox shouts

in the shoutbox settings, under shouts "allow html" is set to no

in the shoutbox settings, under shouts "allow bbcode" is set to no

and they can still post with the above string :/

Hello Michael,

This is not a support question, is more of an explanation about the behavior when we use memcache instead of APC for storing key values.
Yesterday when testing memcache, I notice the shouts are deleted when I restart the daemon.
With ACP, even restarting apache, the shouts remain untouched.

So, as I understand, when we use memcache, shoutbox stores the shout in memory (key/values) and when we use APC they are stored in the database?
Do we have any speed improvements using memcache over APC?

Thanks

Hello Michael,

This is not a support question, is more of an explanation about the behavior when we use memcache instead of APC for storing key values.

Yesterday when testing memcache, I notice the shouts are deleted when I restart the daemon.

With ACP, even restarting apache, the shouts remain untouched.

So, as I understand, when we use memcache, shoutbox stores the shout in memory (key/values) and when we use APC they are stored in the database?

Do we have any speed improvements using memcache over APC?

Thanks

You probably want to load your shouts from the database if you're using some alternate caching method, there's an ACP setting for that.

When activating the "show Shoutbox on Board Index only" ......

I don't even have this option in my ACP, I have no settings at all as to where the box can be displayed. All I have is the Shoutbox tab at the top of my index page, kinda defeats the object of a shoutbox if you must click the tab to view :(

Please help.

I don't understand what you're saying. When you say "The Shoutbox", are you referring to the Global Shoutbox hook? Because that's not "The Shoutbox". If the hook is enabled, but you don't see settings for it in the place I indicated above, go to the Manage Applications & Modules page and click the Recache Apps & Modules button. That should fix your menus to properly display these settings.

And again I will reiterate: Please read this entire topic before posting. I have gone over this same thing on multiple occasions. Each time I have to do it again, the topic just gets longer.

Do you mean move the Global Shoutbox hook to the bottom of a page? If so, yes, you can adjust the location of the hook in the My Apps -> Shoutbox -> Settings -> Hook: Global Shoutbox page in the Admin CP.

No I don't mean it like that, I want the Shoutbox to be underneath one of my Hook I install such as Our Topic http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4200-our-topics/ So basicly Our Topic is on Top and Shoutbox right underneath it. I try to re-arrange the hook but even when I drag Our Topic to the top, Shoutbox alway remain the 1st top of the Hook.

Thanks I read the FAQ I find this>

Q. I want to move the Global Shoutbox somewhere else, like making it even with my Board Index categories, or putting it between the categories and the statistics section. How do I do that?

A. The Global Shoutbox hook has a distinct set of positions where it can be located at. Like all IP.Board hooks, it is tied to a certain 'hook point' which takes a bit of jiggery-pokery to change. But this particular hook has added a setting that lets you change this hook point on the fly with a bit of hard-coding. In order to add more distinct locations, each must be hard-coded in to this setting. If you'd like to see more added, please post a feature suggestion of the specific point in the Tracker.

It just tell me to change a bit of hard coding which doesn't help because I know nothing of coding.

New Version or fix needed :)

When pressing the "Mod options button" or "Edit Shout" it seems this does nothing
other words, when you click it, nothing happens

Yes, iam Admin, and Yes i can moderate the shoutbox

Can you please validate this?
Feel free to PM me about this, i can give you access to the board if needed

Thx

Archived