Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, I have a few questions for you, if you could answer them.

First, is it possible to increase the number of characters in the Shoutbox settings before usernames are parsed (because of the length of long usernames being parsed)?

Second, I noticed that when selecting the option to use the "enter" key as thre "shout" button that this only works for the "global" shoutbox. The feature doesn't work if you have the Shoutbox opened up in its own window or browser "tab". Is there some way to get the "enter" key to work as the "shout" button when you have the Shoutbox opened up in its own window?

Second, I noticed that when selecting the option to use the "enter" key as thre "shout" button that this only works for the "global" shoutbox. The feature doesn't work if you have the Shoutbox opened up in its own window or browser "tab". Is there some way to get the "enter" key to work as the "shout" button when you have the Shoutbox opened up in its own window?

Thats caused by the new IPB editor (ckEditor) doesn't allow it. I'm sure Michael is looking for alternative, but its not his fault or Shoutboxes.

Look in the 'Shouts' settings for the setting 'Truncate shouter names'. Looks like you probably have to just set it to something like 100, just in case, I don't think it'll let you do something like setting it to 0 for no truncation.

I am looking at the Enter key in the new editor issue, I don't have a fix for it yet.

Michael it´s the second time the global shoutbox hook templates do not update at all after running a shoutbox upgrade.
It almost made me crazy before finding out what's going wrong.
Can you think any reason why this is happening?
Can it be an upgrader issue or an issue with my forum?
And is there any way now to force the import of the template xml files to the database (and master skin?).

There's nothing I can do as part of this application to ensure your skin templates are getting updated, all I can do is provide the latest XMLs in each release and assume IP.Board's upgrader will do its job. If it's not doing what it should for you, then that's an issue you need to talk to IPS about.

Michael it´s the second time the global shoutbox hook templates do not update at all after running a shoutbox upgrade.

It almost made me crazy before finding out what's going wrong.

Can you think any reason why this is happening?

Can it be an upgrader issue or an issue with my forum?

And is there any way now to force the import of the template xml files to the database (and master skin?).

There's nothing I can do as part of this application to ensure your skin templates are getting updated, all I can do is provide the latest XMLs in each release and assume IP.Board's upgrader will do its job. If it's not doing what it should for you, then that's an issue you need to talk to IPS about.

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-34082-default-skin-choices-messed-up/page__gopid__131285#entry131285
i believe they've nailed a source of this.... bug thats been present since 3.2.0.

How do i go about upgrading this mod? i had 2.1.4 and just uploaded the new files, when i go to module n hooks all i see is a button says upgrade available, i click on it and i get a 404 message...the instructions say to go to modules and hooks and click the link to install or upgrade...so dunno what im doing wrong

The instructions say to go to the Manage Applications & Modules page, nothing about hooks. If clicking the link in the Manage Applications & Modules page returns a 404 error, then you want to make sure you have all IP.Board files uploaded, because it sounds like you don't have the /admin/upgrade/ folder present. If you do have it there, and you still are getting a 404 error, then you probably want to contact IPS; the application upgrader is a part of IP.Board, not this application.

Hi,

I have problems with Shoutbox... it indicates as it whould have been installed in the install process, but in Manage applications, it indicates that it hasn't been installed...

I would like to totally remove, all file and everything...

After the removal, I will reinstall again desiring to achieve it to work...

How should I remove ?

Thanks in Advance

I'm really stumped. I've installed the shoutbox from a download from tonight, it appears where it should on my forums, but I can't click any of the buttons to post a shout, edit a shout, load moderator options, etc. I have permission to use the shoutbox, and I've enabled my member group to edit shouts (I have the appropriate icons to the right of the shouts) but clicking the buttons to the right of the shoutbox does nothing. Any suggestions?

Michael my good sir. I've gone through (I hope) all 35 pages.

My goal is to hide the global shoutbox from Guests. Is that possible?
My global shoutbox is on the top of every page in the forum.
I've been able to stop them from posting but I'd like them to not see it at all (on any page).

Possible?

Hi Michael, I'm a real newbie, uploaded the files/folders, clicked on install as your instructions said, which concluded in "completed". However now that I go to my website I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/epic/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 390

which is: return $this->registry->output->getTemplate('shoutbox')->announcement( $global, $hide );

Any ideas?

Please note I have made IPContent pages my homepage if that helps!!!

Hi Michael, I'm a real newbie, uploaded the files/folders, clicked on install as your instructions said, which concluded in "completed". However now that I go to my website I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/epic/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 390

which is: return $this->registry->output->getTemplate('shoutbox')->announcement( $global, $hide );

Any ideas?

Please note I have made IPContent pages my homepage if that helps!!!

Check the Shoutbox FAQ linked in the first post in this topic, that specific issue is mentioned there.

Hello, I need help. I seem to be getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/mcslaug1/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 390

Please help.
-----EDIT-----
I have checked and I am on 3.2.3
-----EDIT-----
I checked the FAQ. Thanks :)

Archived