Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

I can't find any of this extra feature when upgrading to 1.2.5? Look through all the setting already, it the same as 1.2.4.

I don't see the option for Moderator name in bubble, because Moderator name still not in bubble in the Shoutbox. Also what is Shoutbox submenu URL? Don't see Shoutbox forum width either, etc.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you looked at the individual bug reports linked there? The name in the bubble was a bug, it shouldn't have been showing the bubble so I removed it. The submenu URL is the url for the Shoutbox in the forum breadcrumb. And the forum width report is a couple of new options in the Global Shoutbox hook for where to position it.

After I upgraded to ipb 3.2.3 and the latest version of shoutbox, the global shoutbox is positioned in the wrong postion, on right sidebar, even the setting is "top of each page".I mean it's behaviour is like is setted to "sidebar(board index page)".

How can I fix this?

Thank you!

UPDATE:
I fix it.You must play with the settings a little I setted to "sidebar(board index page)" saved, and then changed the setting to "top of each page" and saved.
Now it display correctly.

Is there a way to make the shoutbox a popup so people can continue chatting even when not on the site?

You have to go to the 1st page and click on the link to make a suggestion for implement this features. I think someone alraedy suggested this feature. However, I think a lot of people think it's a bad ideas. I don't see it being useful since it not really a continue online Chat Box. That what IPS Chat is for.

You have to go to the 1st page and click on the link to make a suggestion for implement this features. I think someone alraedy suggested this feature. However, I think a lot of people think it's a bad ideas. I don't see it being useful since it not really a continue online Chat Box. That what IPS Chat is for.

I've actually already got that working for the next version, should I maybe have a setting that will let you disable this on your site if you want to?

Anyone manage to figure out the avater issue, Ours always show the default, No matter what caches I rebuild. Nothing major but again it's an option in the shoutbox to in theory it should function.

No one's reported this as being an issue yet, it seems to work fine for me and any site I've visited. Are you loading your shouts from the cache or database?

I cany post in my shout box unless I click the compatibility button but then it changes the whole format of the board, I use IE . When the shout box was installed it worked fine but now it doesnt for me. my board is 3.2 . It workd fine in firefox but not on IE

I disagree and my website community does as well seeing as how the majority hate the IP.Chat feature as it's a hassle to go in and leave a message for everyone and then leave, versus just using the shoutbox. So a majority just use the shoutbox as a chat and to leave messages. I've had requests from them to allow a popup shoutbox. So I think it is a viable option many people would like, even if a few don't.

Regardless, thanks for the notification.

@Michael: I don't see why it would cause any issues, if people don't like it they just don't have to click the popup button eh? But whatever you want to do, I'm just glad to hear it's in the works.

the compatibility view is not turned on and I cant post but when this shout box as first installed it worked fine. Now the only time I as admin can post is when I click the compatibilty view but then it screws up my entire board and I can post on fire fox but I use IE and cant post in the shout box on IE a link or screen shot wont do anything.I cant post as a admin in my shout box and I would like it fixed please

That doesn't help me any, I can't reproduce any such issues. I asked for a link to the site or a screenshot of the issue, that's the only way I can see what it's actually doing on your site that it doesn't do on mine.

EDIT: In addition, which version of IE is it you're seeing this with? I'll need to know that to properly test this.

Hey michael i wanted to let ya know that we tryed everything to fix our lag issue with no luck so we started checking into the browsers. It works great in opera, chrome, and others but lags out on the latest version of firefox so we submitted feedback to them and waiting for a response. Wanted to keep you in the loop so if others have this issue you can let them know...

No one's reported this as being an issue yet, it seems to work fine for me and any site I've visited. Are you loading your shouts from the cache or database?

I have x-cache installed and I tried loading from the database and even with it turned off, They still load the default avater. rebuilding caches after each option has been selected does not fix anything.

I have x-cache installed and I tried loading from the database and even with it turned off, They still load the default avater. rebuilding caches after each option has been selected does not fix anything.

The only thing I can suggest then is to check for any skin templates you may have customized and revert them, and make sure you have properly uploaded all of the files for this version, overwriting any old ones on your site. I call the standard IP.Board function for determining your profile photo, the same one used everywhere else in IP.Board.

I have 1 skin and it works on firefox it works on other browsers and when it was installed it worked perfectly then it just stopped working and I use IE. So if I click the compatability it works but then canges the entire board and looks all off so I have to click it back

what do you mean by this

I call the standard IP.Board function for determining your profile photo, the same one used everywhere else in IP.Board.

Does anyone else have a TON of emoticons? And wish that when you clicked the "smilies" box that a bigger window with more rows of smilies were available to choose from than just a single column?

Anyone have advice on how to recode "hookglobalshoutboxemoticons" ccs so that the smilies window opens much larger with say, 10x10 columns/rows opened up so its easier to choose emoticons?

Does anyone else have a TON of emoticons? And wish that when you clicked the "smilies" box that a bigger window with more rows of smilies were available to choose from than just a single column?

Anyone have advice on how to recode "hookglobalshoutboxemoticons" ccs so that the smilies window opens much larger with say, 10x10 columns/rows opened up so its easier to choose emoticons?

I don't know the answer, but am in the same boat, and would really like what you suggested.

I have 1 skin and it works on firefox it works on other browsers and when it was installed it worked perfectly then it just stopped working and I use IE. So if I click the compatability it works but then canges the entire board and looks all off so I have to click it back

I've asked multiple times for a screenshot or a link to your board to see this, and you haven't done so. I can't begin to give an explanation for your issue without this info, so if all you can do is repeat what you've already said, which I've stated doesn't help me, then I can't help you.

what do you mean by this

I call the standard IP.Board function for determining your profile photo, the same one used everywhere else in IP.Board.

Exactly what it says, the place where I show the profile photo of a member is done using the same function used everywhere else in IP.Board for showing a profile photo. That post of mine was not in response to you.

Hmmm after upgrading from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5 some stange white borders showing on all skin i have

Yes, each row has a border now to help separate it visually from its neighbors. If they don't look right on your third-party skin, you may need to adjust the templates/CSS for this app. Like all applications, it is designed to look correct on the default IP.Board skin; there's no way to ensure it will always look 'just right' on third party skins too.

Hey michael i wanted to let ya know that we tryed everything to fix our lag issue with no luck so we started checking into the browsers. It works great in opera, chrome, and others but lags out on the latest version of firefox so we submitted feedback to them and waiting for a response. Wanted to keep you in the loop so if others have this issue you can let them know...

Forsaken I'm using the latest version of Shoutbox and IPBoard 3.2.3 and I don't get the lag. Could it be your Host? Also you can try couple of setting to help speed it up.

Shout Display per page: you can try something lower then 15 - 20

Load Shout from Database? Click on No

Shout Refresh Rate: Put 30 seconds or more

Member viewing refresh rate: put 60 or more.

Auto Hide Refresh Button: Yes

Disable Refresh Image: Yes

Enable Ajax Update: No

Archived