Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Reystar

how can i add the shoutbox in a page i want? i have created a page/tab and added a ustream embed and i want to add a chatbox underneath it..... can i add it somehow?

how can i add the shoutbox in a page i want? i have created a page/tab and added a ustream embed and i want to add a chatbox underneath it..... can i add it somehow?

If it's an IP.Board page, and you're referring to the Global Shoutbox hook, then yes. Refer to the Shoutbox FAQ for info on how to get that hook to appear on different IP.Board pages.

Otherwise, if it's not an IP.Board page, or you want the full Shoutbox to show on a page, then the answer is 'probably', but that's outside the scope of what this app is designed to do.
Guest Reystar

If it's an IP.Board page, and you're referring to the Global Shoutbox hook, then yes. Refer to the Shoutbox FAQ for info on how to get that hook to appear on different IP.Board pages.

Otherwise, if it's not an IP.Board page, or you want the full Shoutbox to show on a page, then the answer is 'probably', but that's outside the scope of what this app is designed to do.

Yes, its a page created by , the thing is that the url is in that format: /pages/radio

Then I don't know what I can tell you, I tried reproducing the issue and I couldn't, and no one else has mentioned this before.

I see, well if you don't know I certainly have no clue, thanks for your assistance anyway.

not positive, and may have overlooked you checking this, but if the member / member group themselves (in member settings) does not have the post html permissions won't that over ride the shoutbox setting?
I thought I had seen something like that on my end when playing with permissions a few months ago but I cannot remember for sure.

I don't know, was long time back and I forget most of what I tried.

wondering if using an ipcontent shoutbox block (marcher built one) and parsing that in an easy page would work.

maybe should split this part of topic off?

I will try that block idea tonight.

Easy pages does not parse template logic or php, so straight port in... shrug, not happening, the block is already a IP.Content block, which makes the point of easy pages moot.... make an IPC page and it'll be able to do more anyway.

not positive, and may have overlooked you checking this, but if the member / member group themselves (in member settings) does not have the post html permissions won't that over ride the shoutbox setting?

I thought I had seen something like that on my end when playing with permissions a few months ago but I cannot remember for sure.

I looked at that too but thats seems to be okay. Might have to uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

Hello,

Not sure if anyone can help me on this error i have been getting for a long time now,

Everytime someone trys to shout on the index it will not let them.

Instead it spaces to the next line.

The only time you can shout is when you click on a post.

I have tried everything please help?

Ok sorry.

There is some sort of bug on my site.

When I try to make a shout on the Fourms index/tab it will not let me. What happens is, instead of making the shout, it spaces to the next line when clicking the enter button. When clicking the "shout" button it doesn't appear in the shoutbox to everyone else.

Archived