Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Dear Michael,

Please check and add the following bug fix in your code about Shoutbox Archive (we have agreed this with Terabyte in the past, but it seems it's no more present in your code).
In modules_public/ajax/coreajax.php you should replace lines 367,368:

$a = gmmktime( $y['hour'], $y['minute'], 0, $y['month'], $y['day'], $y['year'] );
$b = gmmktime( $z['hour'], $z['minute'], 0, $z['month'], $z['day'], $z['year'] );

with:

$a = gmmktime( $y['hour'], $y['minute'], 0, $y['month'], $y['day'], $y['year'] )- $this->registry->getClass( 'class_localization')->getTimeOffset();
$b = gmmktime( $z['hour'], $z['minute'], 0, $z['month'], $z['day'], $z['year'] )- $this->registry->getClass( 'class_localization')->getTimeOffset();

Since all shouts are recorded with server time to the database, querying with gmt time is not correct. So we need to convert the time user provides to server time before running the query.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Michael,

Please check and add the following bug fix in your code about Shoutbox Archive (we have agreed this with Terabyte in the past, but it seems it's no more present in your code).

In modules_public/ajax/coreajax.php you should replace lines 367,368:

$a = gmmktime( $y['hour'], $y['minute'], 0, $y['month'], $y['day'], $y['year'] );

$b = gmmktime( $z['hour'], $z['minute'], 0, $z['month'], $z['day'], $z['year'] );

with:

$a = gmmktime( $y['hour'], $y['minute'], 0, $y['month'], $y['day'], $y['year'] )- $this->registry->getClass( 'class_localization')->getTimeOffset();

$b = gmmktime( $z['hour'], $z['minute'], 0, $z['month'], $z['day'], $z['year'] )- $this->registry->getClass( 'class_localization')->getTimeOffset();

Since all shouts are recorded with server time to the database, querying with gmt time is not correct. So we need to convert the time user provides to server time before running the query.

The bug tracker for this app is linked in the first post in this topic.

Michael,

Was a change made to the editor? I just upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5 and the editor change significantly. It looks fine on a light skin, but on a darker skin it does this;

post-207055-0-23021000-1322342476_thumb.

As you can see, the lines around the Shoutbox are in total contrast to the rest of the theme.

Before this update, the shoutbox blended perfectly with the theme.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod, it's greatly appreciated.

Hmmm after upgrading from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5 some stange white borders showing on all skin i have

Yes, each row has a border now to help separate it visually from its neighbors. If they don't look right on your third-party skin, you may need to adjust the templates/CSS for this app. Like all applications, it is designed to look correct on the default IP.Board skin; there's no way to ensure it will always look 'just right' on third party skins too.

Hello,

We have serious issues with the Shoutbox 1.1.5 and IPB 3.1.4, I've just read that it could be related to the skin we're using, right know I'm asking the same issue on the SkinBox forums but I want to be sure it has nothing to do with the Shoutbox directly, the issue is this, every now and then we get this error on the top of the browser:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/xxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 328

and also we get this on the Shoutbox:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/xxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 328

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxxx/xxx/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php:328) in /xxxx/xxx/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.phpon line 300

here are some screenshots to see the effect of that error:

%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D

The problem is partially solved when we clear Shoutbox's tables in the Forum DB, but obviously we cannot reimport those tables because the issue gets back on and on so that's not a solution.

Edit...

Sorry, our website URL is:

http://www.hardwaremx.com/forum/

Hope you can help us out with this.

Thank you.

The error is because it's trying to do a foreach statement to loop through all of the shouts to show, but no shouts are either in the database or the shouts cache, depending on which type of shoutbox load you're using. This issue is patched in later versions. To avoid this error in your older version of the app, open up the file mentioned in the error message, find this code:

/* Parse shouts =D */

foreach ( $shouts as $row )

{

if ( $row['s_id'] <= $last_id )

{

// Adding a break here brokes everything,

// leave continue in place!

continue;

}

$content .= $this->parse_shout( $row );

$new_ids[] = $row['s_id'];

}

Change it to this:

/* Parse shouts =D */

if ( count( $shouts ) )

{

foreach ( $shouts as $row )

{

if ( $row['s_id'] <= $last_id )

{

// Adding a break here brokes everything,

// leave continue in place!

continue;

}

$content .= $this->parse_shout( $row );

$new_ids[] = $row['s_id'];

}

}

Save and upload.

Edit the settings for the Hook: Global Shoutbox and choose Theme 2 from the 'Global Shoutbox Look' setting.

Where do I find this to move the shoutbox from the sidebar to the original position? I went to ACP --> Manage Hooks --> Edit Global Shoutbox --> But not seeing any "Global Shoutbox Look".

You should see a section for the Hook: Global Shoutbox group of settings under that Settings menu heading. If you don't, go disable then re-enable the hook from the Manage Hooks page. If that still doesn't work, go to the Manage Applications & Modules page and click the button to recache the Apps & Modules.

Admin CP -> Look & Feel tab -> Edit a skin -> click CSS -> ipshoutbox.css file -> Find this code:

#shoutbox-shouts-table {

border: 1px solid #d5dde5;

}

#shoutbox-shouts-table .row2 td {

border-bottom: 1px solid #d5dde5;

vertical-align: middle;

}

Change to this:

#shoutbox-shouts-table .row2 td {

vertical-align: middle;

}

Will I be getting help as the ip techs have confirmd there is a problem with the mod its not me using IE9. It will not let me post in the shout box but when I click the shout box icon it takes me to the full page of the shout box then I can use it and it works. so it wont work when its in its reguar mode but will work when I click the shout box icon and opens the full page.

Will I be getting help as the ip techs have confirmd there is a problem with the mod its not me using IE9. It will not let me post in the shout box but when I click the shout box icon it takes me to the full page of the shout box then I can use it and it works. so it wont work when its in its reguar mode but will work when I click the shout box icon and opens the full page.

Well I have just tested with IE9 (though IMHO IE sucks!) and it is working perfectly. This would mean that it cannot be the mod (unless you have installed it incorrectly or haven't sorted the shoutbox permissions). I would say it may be your settings within IE. Now I haven't played with any settings within my IE9 (that includes cookies, cache, activeX access, etc), so I would recommend that you uninstall IE9, and reinstall it to rule out one of the settings causing the issues. Please follow this link for guidance (http://windows.micro...rnet-explorer-9).

I think in fairness Michael would look at browser specific issues, if many people were having them, but in reality no one else is! I'm also very convinced Michael is very accomplished in his coding, thus would test on all browsers before publishing.

I almost forgot to ask. If the IP Techs confirmed there is a problem with the mod, then what exactly did they say it was? Please post so Michael can concur, or rule it out.

Hi,

I have installed 1.2.5, and Im running 3.2.3. I think it is installed properly as it will show up on the side of my forums and in navigation (opens in a full page) . It shows the welcome message and to go set the user group permission which I have done. It also has a warning at the top to set up moderators etc. It says go to my apps and I see that mentioned countless times and I have seen screenshots showing the control panel for shoutbox to set things up. I cant find my apps, I cant find the control panel either. All I have is other apps that lists the blogs, gallery, content etc. Should it be showing there or under this unfound my apps?

post-287845-0-50213300-1322789573_thumb.

I am very new to this forum software so forgive me if this is all very silly. Im sure that the problem is me and interpretation of things in the acp. I have installed other things but this has me baffled.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have read most of the posts in this thread but my eyes are sore now.

Ray

Well I have just tested with IE9 (though IMHO IE sucks!) and it is working perfectly. This would mean that it cannot be the mod (unless you have installed it incorrectly or haven't sorted the shoutbox permissions). I would say it may be your settings within IE. Now I haven't played with any settings within my IE9 (that includes cookies, cache, activeX access, etc), so I would recommend that you uninstall IE9, and reinstall it to rule out one of the settings causing the issues. Please follow this link for guidance (

http://windows.micro...rnet-explorer-9

).

I think in fairness Michael would look at browser specific issues, if many people were having them, but in reality no one else is! I'm also very convinced Michael is very accomplished in his coding, thus would test on all browsers before publishing.

I almost forgot to ask. If the IP Techs confirmed there is a problem with the mod, then what exactly did they say it was? Please post so Michael can concur, or rule it out.

when I try to pst in the shout box it wont let me. But when I clcick on the shout box icon it takes me to the full page of the shout box it then lets me post. Thje techs have notified him.So if I can post when I click the shout box icon and it takes me top the open page but I cant when its just the regular shout box. Thats not a browser issue

Hi,

I have installed 1.2.5, and Im running 3.2.3. I think it is installed properly as it will show up on the side of my forums and in navigation (opens in a full page) . It shows the welcome message and to go set the user group permission which I have done. It also has a warning at the top to set up moderators etc. It says go to my apps and I see that mentioned countless times and I have seen screenshots showing the control panel for shoutbox to set things up. I cant find my apps, I cant find the control panel either. All I have is other apps that lists the blogs, gallery, content etc. Should it be showing there or under this unfound my apps?

post-287845-0-50213300-1322789573_thumb.

I am very new to this forum software so forgive me if this is all very silly. Im sure that the problem is me and interpretation of things in the acp. I have installed other things but this has me baffled.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have read most of the posts in this thread but my eyes are sore now.

Ray

Does it show in your Manage Applications & Modules page as being installed? If so, verify that you have uploaded all files for this app and then click the Recache Apps & Modules button at the top of this page.

Archived