Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Ok that seem to have fixed it for all but the default / Master skin. And the image IS in the master directory.. it was the only one that made it in originally. I'm not getting a missing image box or anything.. there's just no image there... In regular view on the forum index. If I click on "Shoutbox", then it will show there only. On all the other skins, it also shows when it's viewable on the board index. If that makes any sense.

Try a hard refresh, or see if you need to revert the hookGlobalShoutbox skin template.

Sorry but where I find button for open on popup the shoutbox? I have able this feature into admincp..

Regards

As above, it's likely due to either a browser cache issue or you customized the skin template where this would show.

Here's a link to my website.. the only skin that is having issues is the one called IP.Board http://4ravers.fm/forum/index

Yes, I know where your site is at, you linked to the image file above.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have try to ctrl+F5 and check hookGlobalShoutbox no skins modification present but not have the shoutbox-popup-button tag also on default skins ...

How I can fix this ? I have only upgrade v1.2.5 to 1.2.6

have uploaded also the popup.png and shotubox directory on all my skins

Regards

I have try to ctrl+F5 and check the but not have the shoutbox-popup-button tag also on default skins ...

How I can fix this ? I have only upgrade v1.2.5 to 1.2.6

Regards

Again, as I'd mentioned, you may need to revert your hookGlobalShoutbox skin template. Also verify that you uploaded the image folder correctly and to all skin folders.

Reimporting the hook won't do anything.

If the skin template is there and unmodified, and the image file is there, and you have the setting enabled, then the next most likely cause is that your skins didn't rebuild during the upgrade. Refer to the Shoutbox FAQ and follow the steps listed there for the "Call to a member function announcement()" error message. Please do exactly that, and not other random things which I haven't suggested.

Hello, I have just installed Shoutbox 1.2.6 and when clicking on the buttons "Shout" "Next" "Refresh" "My Prefs" nothing happens. Which means that I am not able to chat.

But it seems to work for a few users. The most users can not chat.
What could be the cause for this?

If it works for some users and not others that means it's either a skin issue (something's wrong on one or more skins, but not on others) or it's a browser issue. Verify whether it works on all skins, and if so, have the members that it doesn't work for do a hard browser refresh (Ctrl+F5).

Those buttons are already an issue on narrower screen resolutions. And if there's any confusion about what the icon does, it has mouse over text. If you'd like to change its position, you're more than welcome to skin it some place that makes more sense to you. :smile:

Of course I can change it myself in template, but all changes will be lost with the next upgrade, which is not good. And trust me, for "casual people" this icon is NOT obvious. They even won't notice it.

If it works for some users and not others that means it's either a skin issue (something's wrong on one or more skins, but not on others) or it's a browser issue. Verify whether it works on all skins, and if so, have the members that it doesn't work for do a hard browser refresh (Ctrl+F5).

Thank you, deleting the browse cache with its cookies resolved the issue. :)

There're extra absolutely unnecessary break tags in the list in announcement:

<ul class="bbc">
<br>
<li>Some text<br></li>
<li>Some anothertext<br></li>
</ul>

I'm not sure is this a Shoutbox related bug, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. And yes, I triple checked my text in editor - there're no extra line breaks at all. And the 1st break is a nesting error.

There're extra absolutely unnecessary break tags in the list in announcement:

<ul class="bbc">

<br>

<li>Some text<br></li>

<li>Some anothertext<br></li>

</ul>

I'm not sure is this a Shoutbox related bug, but I haven't seen it anywhere else. And yes, I triple checked my text in editor - there're no extra line breaks at all. And the 1st break is a nesting error.

You're saying if you add an announcement to the Shoutbox and that announcement uses the list bbcode, that extra linebreaks will be added? If so, that would be an issue with the list bbcode itself, not with the Shoutbox.

You're saying if you add an announcement to the Shoutbox and that announcement uses the list bbcode, that extra linebreaks will be added? If so, that would be an issue with the list bbcode itself, not with the Shoutbox.

That's what I'm trying to say - there're no extra breaks in posts, for example. I've just tried to add a list to post - everything's clear. Only announcement in Shoutbox has them.

Again, if you can put together a bug report with specific steps to reproduce, I'll investigate. I've taken the time to take on ownership of this project, please take the time to use the bug tracker I've set up for this if you'd like to report bugs for me to fix.

You may call me stupid, but I didn't find a suitable category on Tracker. There's no "IP.Shoutbox" category.

Archived