Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The announcement text is placed in the .message CSS class of IP.Board, you can either change that CSS class's style rules (which will affect everything else that uses that class in IP.Board), change the skin_shoutbox -> announcement code to have it use some other CSS class, or set some inline style rules in that template to define a specific background color.

Michael. I had the shoutbox installed on IP.Board 3.2.2 and it was all fine. I have updated to 3.2.3 and now the shoutbox has signficant lag. Using firebug to see how long it takes to load about 12 seconds it reports. When I disable the shoutbox every page loads in under a second.

Do you have any idea what is causing this issue? I have tried recaching and moving the shoutbox to below the forums. Ive tried everything I can think of. For now I have had to disable the shoutbox until I figure a way to remove this lag.

Michael I Got to the bottom of the problem. The shoutbox loads the emoticons on load rather than on event. It might be a good idea to change the system so that emoticons are only loaded when you click the emoticons button rather than loading them on page load. As I had 200+ emoticons this was taking a fair few seconds to load with all the HTTP requests being made to the server. On a busy site with a lot of emoticons it just doesn't work well.

Michael I Got to the bottom of the problem. The shoutbox loads the emoticons on load rather than on event. It might be a good idea to change the system so that emoticons are only loaded when you click the emoticons button rather than loading them on page load. As I had 200+ emoticons this was taking a fair few seconds to load with all the HTTP requests being made to the server. On a busy site with a lot of emoticons it just doesn't work well.

I added that to the feature suggestions list: http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-448-load-emoticons-only-on-the-button-click/

I find it disgusting that i'm asking for help for my shout box and this michael mccune is ignoring me and ive done nothing to insult you anytype of remarks I gave you everything you needed my board name the link a picture . I'm a adult man who has paid invision to use there services and the market place moderator is ignoring me

Archived