Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when I try to pst in the shout box it wont let me. But when I clcick on the shout box icon it takes me to the full page of the shout box it then lets me post. Thje techs have notified him.So if I can post when I click the shout box icon and it takes me top the open page but I cant when its just the regular shout box. Thats not a browser issue

I'm honestly trying to help you... I HAVE TESTED WITH IE9 AND IT WORKS FINE!!! So i can't tell you in any other form of English, the mod is fine, otherwise I would be getting the same problem with IE9 as you, and I'm simply not!

I truely believe you aren't the only person using IE9 with the most popular marketplace download! On top of this, you have (IMHO) the most responsive modder in the community (over 16K posts!!!!). I'm sure if Michael felt it was an IE9 issue, then he would have dealt with it by now (I do feel you might be undermining his aptitude for testing his product furtherly). As a result, I urge you again to unistall IE9 and reinstall it. If you try this and are still having issues, I will continue to help. If you don't, then I will (sorry to say) ignore further posts.

when I try to pst in the shout box it wont let me. But when I clcick on the shout box icon it takes me to the full page of the shout box it then lets me post. Thje techs have notified him.So if I can post when I click the shout box icon and it takes me top the open page but I cant when its just the regular shout box. Thats not a browser issue

Im going to be a real pain and mention i am having this exact issue on my board. Im using chrome, have tested in IE9.

It looks like a required javascript isn't loading. As its not hooking into the enter key on the keyboard when you type and nothing happens when you click shout

Michael am i able to send you my board details? (if you don't already know them :smile: )

UPDATE: fixed it, i removed the shoutbox header (everything wrapped in the h3 tags) on the hookglobalshoutbox bit and it stopped it from working. Reverted the template and all is well.

So for the next question. Am i able to remove the remove the shoutbox heading without breaking it all?

The shoutbox stopped working because i removed this line from 'hookGlobalShoutbox'

<h3 class='maintitle'><a class='toggle right' href='#' title='{$this->lang->words['toggle_shoutbox']}'>{$this->lang->words['toggle_shoutbox']}</a> <a href="{parse url="app=shoutbox" seotitle="false" base="public"}" title='{$this->lang->words['view_main_shoutbox']}'>{$this->settings['shoutbox_title']}</a></h3>

What i want to do is free up some screen space and remove that heading. But when i do, it all breaks.

Any suggestions?

My first suggestion would be to not remove that. It's designed to have that line there so that it can toggle like the other categories. It's probably breaking now because it has to have that element there in order to make the category toggles on the board index work.

If you still feel you have to get rid of it, then all I can really suggest is that you try removing the opening and closing <div> in that template too. That might make the javascript code that deals with these toggles not try (and fail) to set one up here.

But once you start hacking around with things like this, those changes you make are all on you, that doesn't fall under standard support of this product.

I upgraded to the 1.2.5 version and am running 3.2.3 board however the older version used to show on top of my index/home page all the way across, above my sidebar. This version is compressed to make room for the sidebar. Is there a way to have the shoutbox appear across the page like it used to?

Well, when I first installed this last version, it positioned the shoutbox on the sidebar! Then after I did a little digging and went to the settings, I manged to position it on the top of the board index page. However, now it is condensed to make room for the sidebar on the right. Before it used to be on top, all the way across the page above the sidebar. I don't see any settings to adjust it so it will look like before.

Archived