Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be even better would be if I could add a mini-editor into that section so that the color bbcode and all of the others would show up there without having to have those existing buttons. But in order to do that I have to solve the whole 'enter key submit shout' issue with the new editor, and ideally it would be nice if there was a way you could choose which buttons show in the editor there too.

Ah, forgot to suggest something... Would be great to have a Delete Shout button in shout row of global shoutbox or something like that. Right now to delete a certain shout you have to click Moderating Options button, then you'll be redirected to main chat window and only there you'll be able to delete the shout. Too much actions if you want to just delete some stupid message or spam.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but on the new 1.2.6 I found an issue.

1. The location of the pop up text just blends with the shoutbox title. IMO it should be a button and placed to the left next to the hide shoutbox button, or at least move the text over there. However I do like the pop-up feature!

Michael it´s the second time the global shoutbox hook templates do not update at all after running a shoutbox upgrade.

It almost made me crazy before finding out what's going wrong.

Can you think any reason why this is happening?

Can it be an upgrader issue or an issue with my forum?

And is there any way now to force the import of the template xml files to the database (and master skin?).

In the last Shoutbox upgrade to 1.2.6 (which works great by the way), I experienced the usual upgrade problem (which I now know well how to solve).
Problem is as before just two templates (namely hookGlobalShoutbox and hookActiveUsers) and I now checked my ibf_skin_templates table and I see double entries for these two entries both set as root master templates (template_set_id=0, template_master_key="root"):
- the first has the correct template_content, a current creation date(the date of my last installation) and all other template_* fields set to zero.
- the second has the wrong template_content, a very old creation date(2009) and template_user_added=1 (all other template_* fields set to zero).

Therefore, I believe the latter root templates are the ones causing the update problem and I am thinking of deleting these two records with template_user_added=1.
Do you think it's safe to do that, or maybe some other change/action is needed (maybe to cache or anything else)?

Thanks in advance, Michael!

In the last Shoutbox upgrade to 1.2.6 (which works great by the way), I experienced the usual upgrade problem (which I now know well how to solve).

Problem is as before just two templates (namely hookGlobalShoutbox and hookActiveUsers) and I now checked my ibf_skin_templates table and I see double entries for these two entries both set as root master templates (template_set_id=0, template_master_key="root"):

- the first has the correct template_content, a current creation date(the date of my last installation) and all other template_* fields set to zero.

- the second has the wrong template_content, a very old creation date(2009) and template_user_added=1 (all other template_* fields set to zero).

Therefore, I believe the latter root templates are the ones causing the update problem and I am thinking of deleting these two records with template_user_added=1.

Do you think it's safe to do that, or maybe some other change/action is needed (maybe to cache or anything else)?

Thanks in advance, Michael!

Yes, I would delete those.

I am using IPB 3.2.3 and i have 2 issues right now:

1. I want to remove this Guest post in the shoutbox. How to do that?
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Manage User Groups -> Edit a Group -> Shoutbox TAB

2. I made a mistake and deleted the hook that displayed the shoutbox globally around my forums, so now i have only the shoutbox tab. How to restore the hook to show shoutbox globally?

Hello Michael, I have updated the Shoutbox from version 1.2.5 to 1.2.6... Strange lines appeare along with too much space between username and :

You can view the shoutbox as a guest here:

http://www.rocketslice.com/community/

Is this a bug or a template issue? This did not happen on version 1.2.5.

I apologise if I asked in wrong place.

If you're talking about the border around the shouts it was added to make it easier to see each individual shout. As for the space, that's just how it looks now.

I really encourage people to pay attention to the tracker, that's where I work from for any changes like this that I introduce. It was suggested that I make those changes, no one objected, so I implemented them. If you're wanting to see what may be coming in a future version that you want to put in your 2 cents about, that's where to look.

I really encourage people to pay attention to the

tracker

, that's where I work from for any changes like this that I introduce. It was suggested that I make those changes, no one objected, so I implemented them. If you're wanting to see what may be coming in a future version that you want to put in your 2 cents about, that's where to look.

Hello Michael, is it possible for you to provide a codesnippet or something on how to fix the long space after username to : punctation please?

Happy new year (it is already in Australia which is where I am)... Now, my shoutbox has decided to start 2011 again instead of 2012. The general date of IP.Board is fine though. Is there a way to fix this? I'm running IP.Board 3.1.4 and IP.Shoutbox 3.1.5 (the date problem started as the new year began; I just upgraded to 3.1.5 to see if that fixed it but it made no difference).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Archived