Member Map

23 hours ago, ToeJam said:

Is it possible to have a few selected profile fields displayed on membership markers when selected?  

I have only an upgraded member group who can put themselves on the map.  I'd like to add a few profile field info like, url Website, email, and Phone #, and their company name

Thanks

Hi,

I'll look into this, but won't make any promises right now.

3 hours ago, Wolf said:

@Martin A.

Please add permission check functionality; for example, I want some groups to be able to only see the map, but not post markers.

Can already be done by editing the permissions for each marker group.

image.thumb.png.d2d7e981e71818b20c68510df5963470.png

On 5/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, JohnCourt said:

Dear dev, would you consider adding geolocation functions for articles? Such as an article about a town in France, is geolocated on a map, and the article title is represented by a pinpoint, when the pin is clicked on, a small box with a an article preview appears, then the user clicks on the box and is taken to the article.

This could be in addition to your already awesome mapping function, and would probably have to be a paid feature as I can only imagine the dev that would have to go into that.

Here is an example in our wiki that I am speaking of, click on a pin, and click on the name.

https://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Geolocated+Research+Projects

Hi,

This could be done sort of easily if you add a new "Address" field to your database. I could then expand on the existing Calendar feature to also look up articles that are geolocated. Let me know if this is doable for you.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, Martin A. said:

Hi,

This could be done sort of easily if you add a new "Address" field to your database. I could then expand on the existing Calendar feature to also look up articles that are geolocated. Let me know if this is doable for you.

Martin, that is an awesome idea, that could work, what will it take? If there is funding involved, and if I can pay the bill, I'd like it released out to the community to go with your already free mapping app, in the spirit of Open Source. Thanks for your reply Martin.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings!  I bought this some time ago for my 3.x forum, and I just installed it on my 4.x forum.  I appreciate your continuing this application, and it has some nice improvements over the earlier application.

One change I'd like to see is the ability to suppress the grouping of "Staff" members at the top of the members list shown on the right when viewing the full maps page.  I'd prefer that any "Staff" members be mixed in with everyone else alphabetically using a "Members" header.

Thank you!

..Al

Just downloaded this and am a bit bewildered by it...is there any type of manual for it?

My site is for aircraft pilots so is there a way I can use the map to have markers for airfields if I have the lat and long for each one?

I already have a location field for my users to complete in their profiles...can this be used for the member map?

Can I use Google Maps for this instead of MapQuest

Sorry to ask these questions but after 122 pages of discussion spanning some 9 years I am unsure what is still relevant...thanks for your help

Edited by ibaker
On 7/2/2019 at 1:18 AM, AtariAge said:

One change I'd like to see is the ability to suppress the grouping of "Staff" members at the top of the members list shown on the right when viewing the full maps page.  I'd prefer that any "Staff" members be mixed in with everyone else alphabetically using a "Members" header.

Thank you!

..Al

I'll add that to the to-do list for the next version.

3 minutes ago, ibaker said:

Just downloaded this and am a bit bewildered by it...is there any type of manual for it?

My site is for aircraft pilots so is there a way I can use the map to have markers for airfields if I have the lat and long for each one?

I already have a location field for my users to complete in their profiles...can this be used for the member map?

Sorry to ask these questions but after 122 pages of discussion spanning some 9 years I am unsure what is still relevant...thanks for your help

You can add a new marker group for airfields. Then on the public side, you go to "Manage Groups", then select the airfield group. From there you can add your airfields. If the list of airfields is an export from Google Maps, your can use that file to import into this new group as well.

Firstly I want to say a huge public thanks to Martin who helped me to get my data converted from Xenforo to use in Member Map 😊

However I seem to be having 2 issues and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

1. I set the Marker Icon to fa-plane-arrival yet it isn't being displayed:

1.jpg.66fa1cd973372a905ff434ec67a044a9.jpg  2.jpg.f12732d30d48598efc8ca94199db6fb8.jpg

2. Site users have a profile field called Location and some 80% of my nearly 12,000 users have populated this profile field. I set the Profile Sync to the Location field and clicked the Restart Sync Process but nothing happens. Done it a few times and no user's Locations are shown on the Map. Am I doing something wrong here

3.thumb.jpg.8f5b05a3ef2f0dbeb7ce3d560677d608.jpg

Thanks for any advice

1: Only FontAwesome 4.7 is supported by the Invision Community Suite. Docs are here: https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/
fa-plane-arrival is sadly not available in that version.

2: That is imported from a task that runs once a day. You can either locate the list of tasks, then run the one that belongs to "Member Map" manually, or wait till tomorrow 🙂 

Edited by Martin A.

Is this the correct forum for support?

Tried to run the 3.6.2 for IPS 4.4. update and got"

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

What next?

3 hours ago, kmk said:

@Martin A.

How about use your map application to track point A to point B? 

That would not be possible with this map. Looks like you need an app, or just an open web page, that the bus driver has to keep updating his position, and a map page that periodically updates to show the last known location for all buses and their routes. Would need a custom app for that.

3 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Is this the correct forum for support?

Tried to run the 3.6.2 for IPS 4.4. update and got"

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

What next?

All you did was upload the .tar file you downloaded from the marketplace, right? Are you able to install other apps? Have you verified the directory permissions as stated in the error?

15 minutes ago, P15-D24 said:

Uploaded the tar file from the marketplace and tried to install via Applications in the IPS Admin center. 

Which dir permissions to I need to verify? 

Use the support page in the ACP, then click the "System Check" button on the top right. That should let you know if any of your file/folder permissions are incorrect.

17 hours ago, Martin A. said:

That would not be possible with this map. Looks like you need an app, or just an open web page, that the bus driver has to keep updating his position, and a map page that periodically updates to show the last known location for all buses and their routes. Would need a custom app for that.

Hello @Martin A.

I found this article talking about this feature. 

What I am thinking is members can active GPS tracking within the community map, that can adminastrate by groups or members permission. 

Will be cool if by this way we can find posibility to do something. 

https://www.plotaroute.com/mobile/tip/20/how-to-track-your-position-on-a-route-map

6 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

If I disable the app for now will it stop the issue with easycron?

FYI, IPS support said the issue is with the app.  I'll give it another try today.  

You never described an issue with easycron. And how can you disable an app you can’t install?

After upgrading IPS to 4.4 system tasks were no longer being run automatically and locking. I use easycron for the tasks. IPS support said the problem with easycron not working was because I was running the previous version of membermap (5.3.1).  Prior to the IPS 4.4 upgrade easycron had been working without any errors.  So that is when I tried to do the membermap upgrade for the 4.4 version of IPS and got the install errors. (In Applications it indicated an upgrade was available)  This was a membermap upgrade, not fresh install. Sorry for the confusion.  

On 7/16/2019 at 5:59 AM, P15-D24 said:

After upgrading IPS to 4.4 system tasks were no longer being run automatically and locking. I use easycron for the tasks. IPS support said the problem with easycron not working was because I was running the previous version of membermap (5.3.1).  Prior to the IPS 4.4 upgrade easycron had been working without any errors.  So that is when I tried to do the membermap upgrade for the 4.4 version of IPS and got the install errors. (In Applications it indicated an upgrade was available)  This was a membermap upgrade, not fresh install. Sorry for the confusion.  

The error you first posted says that it's an issue with the archive being corrupt, or your file/folder permissions. As you can see in this topic, no one else is having issues with a corrupt archive, hence it's not an issue with this application, which is why I forwarded you to IPS Support.

I have not seen that you've posted any error logs here related to easycron, so I don't know what specific issue you have. I have fixed a cron related issue recently, so that might be it.

I guess I can try to upgrade it myself if you send me the credentials to your ACP.