Member Map

5 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Thanks. I've fixed this for the upcoming release.

Happy to help 🙂

When is the next release expected? Like... this week, 3 weeks, maybe a year... ? I read through all 125 pages of this topic looking for a sample kml or kmz file and didn't find a clue. I'm not sure if I should be glad it's not something I missed, or disappointed because I still don't know if it's going to work for my needs 😛 

5 hours ago, Adam.M said:

Happy to help 🙂

When is the next release expected? Like... this week, 3 weeks, maybe a year... ? I read through all 125 pages of this topic looking for a sample kml or kmz file and didn't find a clue. I'm not sure if I should be glad it's not something I missed, or disappointed because I still don't know if it's going to work for my needs 😛 

It was a bug in the code, not in the files you supplied. image.thumb.png.7303e547f4b3b1222d39c2aeb626cdc4.png

I don't want to post a release date. It'll be when it's ready, and either before or shortly after 4.5 final is released.

6 hours ago, Martin A. said:

It was a bug in the code, not in the files you supplied. image.thumb.png.7303e547f4b3b1222d39c2aeb626cdc4.png

I don't want to post a release date. It'll be when it's ready, and either before or shortly after 4.5 final is released.

Glad to hear it will work eventually... unfortunately, that doesn't answer my question at all. I have no idea when IPS 4.5 will be released lol! I still appreciate your responses.

@Martin A. has done some great work with this, but he's not available for custom work and this doesn't appear to be a priority, otherwise I'd happily pay him! 

I'm willing to pay for service, if anyone here is willing to dig into this and a couple other custom modifications to this app.

Open invitation for anyone with the skills. My inbox is open!

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask for opinion regarding the best workflow to be adopted when trying to import large number of KMLs into the Member Map. Say I would like to import of country's embassies/consulates into the map, there can be 100 of them. What I started doing is to locate them individually in Google Earth first and saving them each to My Spaces within a dedicated folder. Do I have to export them again individually into my PC as KML/KMZ and then again individually import them to Member Map via ACP? This seems to be a lengthy process, is there any easier way?

image.png.78510674477fb9f41533a000ef155a98.png

On 8/20/2020 at 10:31 PM, svit said:

Can I ask for opinion regarding the best workflow to be adopted when trying to import large number of KMLs into the Member Map. Say I would like to import of country's embassies/consulates into the map, there can be 100 of them. What I started doing is to locate them individually in Google Earth first and saving them each to My Spaces within a dedicated folder. Do I have to export them again individually into my PC as KML/KMZ and then again individually import them to Member Map via ACP? This seems to be a lengthy process, is there any easier way?

image.png.78510674477fb9f41533a000ef155a98.png

I'm sure you are able to export an entire folder as a KML or KMZ file. Most of the files I've tested with contains thousands of markers. 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Will this be modified to be compatible with 4.5?

Thank you

Yes. But I'll have to make quite a few changes in order to comply with the marketplace guidelines.

On 8/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, Martin A. said:

Yes. But I'll have to make quite a few changes in order to comply with the marketplace guidelines.

Would it be possible to release a 4.5 'beta' patch so that we restore functionality of the Member Map for those of us who have 4.5 installed? I understand ensuring application compliance with the new IPS marketplace guidelines may take some time. This model was very helpful when followed by some other developers.

7 hours ago, svit said:

Would it be possible to release a 4.5 'beta' patch so that we restore functionality of the Member Map for those of us who have 4.5 installed? I understand ensuring application compliance with the new IPS marketplace guidelines may take some time. This model was very helpful when followed by some other developers.

No ETA yet. There are some IRL stuff at the moment that's more important. 

You really should make sure all the apps and plugins that are vital to your site is compatible before you do the upgrade to a new major version.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say this guys, but Member Map will not be upgraded to 4.5. It saddens me a great lot, but technical difficulties made it impossible to do so.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

But fear not! Community Map will rise from its ashes! As of the 4.5 version this will come with a price tag of $40, and an annual renewal fee of $10. This rebranding had to be done as the new ACP Marketplace would not allow those of you who've already upgraded to 4.5 to match and purchase the new application if you already have an app with the same app key installed. I know, technical boring stuff. But this is what the staff told me to do.

I also felt "Community Map" is a better suited name, as there are more than members that can appear on the map.

Community Map will of course import your old markers, settings and other content from Member Map. After you've installed it you head over to any of the ACP pages - whether it's "Map Manager", "Marker Groups" or "Settings", you'll be presented with a splash screen similar to the 4.5 "Quick Setup". This will guide you through the process.

image.thumb.png.ab5e4f587000d203cc58232fad6133e2.png

A release date is not set yet, but it shouldn't be too far away.

Big fan of the Members Map. But is this simply to go to a paid app, realising how popular the free one was? I’m sure many will upgrade and support so no problems there. 

Just seen a few apps recently which have gone up in price since 4.5.x release and like everything, it’s getting more and more expensive.

9 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Big fan of the Members Map. But is this simply to go to a paid app, realising how popular the free one was? I’m sure many will upgrade and support so no problems there. 

Just seen a few apps recently which have gone up in price since 4.5.x release and like everything, it’s getting more and more expensive.

That is correct. I have thought about making this a paid app many times before, both for the 4.4 and 4.3 version. And the price I'm placing on this now is the same I planned to put on it back then. (It is also the same price Michael (InvisionModding) had on his Tutorials app 10 years ago in the 3.x series, so I would say it's about time the overall prices increase in this market)

Having this generate a bit of income will of course increase the motivation of keeping this updated and adding new features a great lot. The first version of this will not come with many new features, mainly just the IPS 4.5 compatibility. 

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

That is correct. I have thought about making this a paid app many times before, both for the 4.4 and 4.3 version. And the price I'm placing on this now is the same I planned to put on it back then. (It is also the same price Michael (InvisionModding) had on his Tutorials app 10 years ago in the 3.x series, so I would say it's about time the overall prices increase in this market)

Having this generate a bit of income will of course increase the motivation of keeping this updated and adding new features a great lot. The first version of this will not come with many new features, mainly just the IPS 4.5 compatibility. 

Looking forward to it! Be interested to see a road map and what features will be included.

Cheers! 😎👍🏻

On 9/9/2020 at 4:45 PM, Martin A. said:

Days or a week. I've re-structured the main javascript code, so that needs a bit of testing.

Unfortunately none of you can beta test this, as I think that would make it impossible for you to purchase it once it's released. 

@Martin A. Hi Martin!  Just wondering how how the new Map is coming?  Really looking forward to it!!

It appears the Community Map has been made public in the Marketplace! I managed to purchase it and upgrade the old Member Map app already and everything went smoothly! Thanks to Martin for supporting us and having the application 4.5 ready! To all admins, please note the note regarding upgrade in the file description.

Edited by svit
  • 9 months later...

Hi @Martin A. I had disabled Member Map during 4.5 upgrade for a possible future upgrade of the application and a few days ago I have upgraded to 4.6. Now I get errors related to Member Map when I want to split messages like

IPS\Db\Exception::1062
UPDATE `core_item_member_map` core_item_member_map  SET `map_item_id`=31670 WHERE map_class='IPS\forums\Topic' and map_item_id=28234
Duplicate entry 'IPS\forums\Topic-31670-2' for key 'map_unique'

I can not uninstall the application because it is in the  "Applications not currently installed" list.

When I try to install, I get the following error

The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

I have raised a ticket to IPS but they said I should contact you. How can I manually uninstall the application ?

11 hours ago, ABGenc said:

Hi @Martin A. I had disabled Member Map during 4.5 upgrade for a possible future upgrade of the application and a few days ago I have upgraded to 4.6. Now I get errors related to Member Map when I want to split messages like

IPS\Db\Exception::1062
UPDATE `core_item_member_map` core_item_member_map  SET `map_item_id`=31670 WHERE map_class='IPS\forums\Topic' and map_item_id=28234
Duplicate entry 'IPS\forums\Topic-31670-2' for key 'map_unique'

I can not uninstall the application because it is in the  "Applications not currently installed" list.

When I try to install, I get the following error

The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

I have raised a ticket to IPS but they said I should contact you. How can I manually uninstall the application ?

Who said this to you? Quite impressive of them to say that I'm responsible for errors in the database table core_item_member_map...

That's their own table, one they added in 4.6. There's no way Member Map is the cause of this. 

Not sure why you're not able to uninstall it. Might be an issue with apps disabled before 4.5, and then still being disabled in 4.6. Sounds like something they should look into, not push you over to me. I am not responsible for their uninstaller.

58 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

Who said this to you? Quite impressive of them to say that I'm responsible for errors in the database table core_item_member_map...

That's their own table, one they added in 4.6. There's no way Member Map is the cause of this. 

Not sure why you're not able to uninstall it. Might be an issue with apps disabled before 4.5, and then still being disabled in 4.6. Sounds like something they should look into, not push you over to me. I am not responsible for their uninstaller.

Thanks Martin, I might have pushed them in the direction cause seeing the table name I also thought it was related to the application but have provided every detail as I have given to you.

I have also insisted that it is an IPS problem if I can not uninstall an application but they did not accept.

I have shared your comment with them and hope to get it solved soon.