Jump to content

Member Map


Martin A.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am facing problem with not being able to save active maps in the map manager, I can move them from the right column to the left column, but the new arrangement is not being saved. I am using 4.4.1 and the latest map app. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, svit said:

Hello, I am facing problem with not being able to save active maps in the map manager, I can move them from the right column to the left column, but the new arrangement is not being saved. I am using 4.4.1 and the latest map app. Thank you.

I just uploaded a patch now that should fix that issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a bunch of members in my community who have custom fields on their profile (street, city, state, and zip). Is there a way for the member map to auto plot them on the map after they add details to those fields on their profile? I see the "profile sync" option, but not sure I have that working. If I have those as separate fields in the profile (street is one field, city is another), will the sync be able to work? 

Or is the best practice that people have to drop pins on the map manually after they create a profile?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark Rickmeier said:

I have a bunch of members in my community who have custom fields on their profile (street, city, state, and zip). Is there a way for the member map to auto plot them on the map after they add details to those fields on their profile? I see the "profile sync" option, but not sure I have that working. If I have those as separate fields in the profile (street is one field, city is another), will the sync be able to work? 

Or is the best practice that people have to drop pins on the map manually after they create a profile?

I think the best solution here to even get a remotely accurate result is only rely on the city or state. There is no way to consolidate all those fields and use that as the input.

Unless you have a need to keep all those fields separate, I would look into changing it over to an "address" field type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got to ask where is the TAR file for this update? I downloaded the compressed file open it up and it looks like I need to upload the entire package. I want to make sure before I do upload a bunch of files and end up hunting and deleting back out. 

I just downloaded it and the downloaded file WAS a .tar file.

Maybe stop your browser from auto-expanding the download?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got to ask where is the TAR file for this update? I downloaded the compressed file open it up and it looks like I need to upload the entire package. I want to make sure before I do upload a bunch of files and end up hunting and deleting back out. 

What @iacas wrote above is correct.

The days of zipped downloads is over, and you’ll see others devs do the same with their apps and plugins in the future. @Daniel F have asked us to stop doing that unless we have a good reason, as it apparently led to confusion to some clients that tried to upload the .zip/.rar to the ACP.

Edited by Martin A.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I installed this extension again after my upgrade to IPB4.4 and I have a strange problem. Some of the members on the map show their location in Cyrillic and some in english.
Any idea what could cause that?
FireFox, MacOSX

Schermafbeelding 2019-03-18 om 09.43.51.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-03-18 om 09.44.38.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Jaap said:

I installed this extension again after my upgrade to IPB4.4 and I have a strange problem. Some of the members on the map show their location in Cyrillic and some in english.
Any idea what could cause that?
FireFox, MacOSX

Is your server hosted in Russia, by any chance? The API should return back in the users preferred language. For most users this will be their native language, followed by english and/or other languages the user have selected in their browser.

The marker in the top screenshot looks like one created from the profile synchronization feature, and that API request is then generated by the server.

5 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Hi,

can I disable the application before upgrading to 4.4.2 without losing member marker information, i.e. positions?

After the migration I'd install the latest version and use the stored markers from before...

Thanks,
Thomas

As long as you're not uninstalling the application you should be fine. But you should of course take a backup before you proceed with your upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We see the following PHP Error in our log file during the upgrade to 4.4.2, that's why I'm asking:

[25-Mar-2019 19:14:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'IPS\Content\ReportCenter' not found in /mypath_abc/applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php on line 24

The Upgrade process stops and shows a blank page.

I am testing the upgrade process in our testbed using a copy of our live site, thanks for mentioning. 🙂

I guess deactivating the application should help to bring us through the upgrade, afterwards I'd install the 4.4 version (3.6.0.1) assuming our Markers stay safe in place. 🙂
Is this feasible?

Thanks,
Tom

 

 

Edited by Thomas P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

We see the following PHP Error in our log file during the upgrade to 4.4.2, that's why I'm asking:


[25-Mar-2019 19:14:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'IPS\Content\ReportCenter' not found in /mypath_abc/applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php on line 24

The Upgrade process stops and shows a blank page.

I am testing the upgrade process in our testbed using a copy of our live site, thanks for mentioning. 🙂

I guess deactivating the application should help to bring us through the upgrade, afterwards I'd install the 4.4 version (3.6.0.1) assuming our Markers stay safe in place. 🙂
Is this feasible?

Thanks,
Tom

Makes sense for you to disable the app in this case. The think you got in the error is something that was removed in IPS 4.3, so I guess you're upgrading from a version before that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2019 at 8:43 PM, Martin A. said:
On 3/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Jaap said:

I installed this extension again after my upgrade to IPB4.4 and I have a strange problem. Some of the members on the map show their location in Cyrillic and some in english.
Any idea what could cause that?
FireFox, MacOSX

Is your server hosted in Russia, by any chance? The API should return back in the users preferred language. For most users this will be their native language, followed by english and/or other languages the user have selected in their browser.

The marker in the top screenshot looks like one created from the profile synchronization feature, and that API request is then generated by the server. 

Server is a virtual server, so God knows where it's located. But my hostingprovider is from Amsterdam. And I don't have Russian set as a preferred language in my browser. Same problem on iOS, btw.
You are right: The markers are created by the synchronisation feature.

Funny thing is, the markers in countries that use Cyrillic are readable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 9:45 AM, Jaap said:

I installed this extension again after my upgrade to IPB4.4 and I have a strange problem. Some of the members on the map show their location in Cyrillic and some in english.
Any idea what could cause that?
FireFox, MacOSX

Fixed this in 3.6.1 🙂 It will only affect new markers though.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:03 PM, Nicholas Cole said:

Hi, some of my members have pointed out that the map markers are displaying their full address and post code details to all other members and this is a serious privacy concern!  

How do I switch this off? 

Hi, I've added a setting for this in 3.6.1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Dear dev, would you consider adding geolocation functions for articles? Such as an article about a town in France, is geolocated on a map, and the article title is represented by a pinpoint, when the pin is clicked on, a small box with a an article preview appears, then the user clicks on the box and is taken to the article.

This could be in addition to your already awesome mapping function, and would probably have to be a paid feature as I can only imagine the dev that would have to go into that.

Here is an example in our wiki that I am speaking of, click on a pin, and click on the name.

https://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Geolocated+Research+Projects

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to have a few selected profile fields displayed on membership markers when selected?  

I have only an upgraded member group who can put themselves on the map.  I'd like to add a few profile field info like, url Website, email, and Phone #, and their company name

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...