Embedded Tweets Width

Day_

Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed that embedded tweets are breaking the container on mobile.

Thinking I’ve broken something again but the same issue on this site. 

Not sure if it’s a temporary problem at Twitter’s end or they’ve changed a thingy or two that’s not compatible anymore with IPS code thingy.

Just another tweet to throw out as an example in a reply...

Those tweets look ... Fine? 

Some thoughts:

1. You're drunk on holiday eggnog and can't see straight.  No judgement from me.  🙂

2. In the past 45 min, IPS has already fixed the problem at least on their site.  

3. There might be a theme problem on your site? Because the tweets look fine on here.  

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Those tweets look ... Fine? 

Some thoughts:

1. You're drunk on holiday eggnog and can't see straight.  No judgement from me.  🙂

2. In the past 45 min, IPS has already fixed the problem at least on their site.  

3. There might be a theme problem on your site? Because the tweets look fine on here.  

4. Could be a iPhone XS using Safari issue?

5FCB1B52-7C1B-40DF-A90F-3D7551F9A045.thumb.png.7608bf74f3c4be143cd6bf8c58827165.png

FB6A2FAA-4E8F-4FE7-8044-A19C5F36832B.thumb.png.2d0f76b4b1efd0e888022fe6e83c41cc.png

Just downloaded Chrome and same issue

950086A4-31C0-49EF-B681-0A6D32FC99FD.thumb.png.0b88f4a1f12f3c1f2ed62a046e17e7e0.png

I've logged a bug report to have this looked into, thanks.

In the future I would recommend if something is not working correctly to submit a ticket rather than post in our feedback forum. There's no real guarantee someone will see and be able to act on the issue when posted on the forums, while it is guaranteed we'll be able to look into any issues if you submit a ticket.

This is a twitter issue, not an IPS issue. Twitter's embed JS is giving the container a width of 500px but then setting a max-width of 100%. iPhones are obeying the 500px but other browsers are obeying the max-width.

Twitter needs to fix it.

I was able to replicate this by embedding a tweet on a standard HTML page outside of IPS and it has the same issue unfortunately. Sorry everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Happening obv to me as well. Thankful it’s been reported here and that a ticket has been filed with Twitter. Who knows if/when this might be resolved though. Results in a bad user experience. Wonder if there’s anything Invision can do in their CSS to override?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok, temporary fix, might not be the best thing in the world to do but I can tell you it works.

In custom.css add

@media(max-width: 667px) 
{ 
#twitter-widget-0 {width: 325px!important;}
}

If a embedded tweet is quoted it does creep outside the block quote box, but not by much. You can reduce the width further if it really bothers you. Better than what it was anyway!

IMG_1413.thumb.png.fd02cb8f236416f9bc97434d96d6b141.png

• 9 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 4:07 AM, day_ said:

Ok, temporary fix, might not be the best thing in the world to do but I can tell you it works.

In custom.css add

@media(max-width: 667px) 
{ 
#twitter-widget-0 {width: 325px!important;}
}

If a embedded tweet is quoted it does creep outside the block quote box, but not by much. You can reduce the width further if it really bothers you. Better than what it was anyway!

IMG_1413.thumb.png.fd02cb8f236416f9bc97434d96d6b141.png

On 1/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, day_ said:

Update, width auto works better 🙂 

#twitter-widget-0 {width: auto!important;}

I know this topic is old but it's still the solution for the same problem that was happening to me now. So, thank you very much; it fixed it.

Archived