Members Shop ( Support Topic )

I have 1 important request concerning the "group promotion item".

I configured several group promotion items, and I want them to work altogether.

What is the exact mechanism?

I think there should be a feature, to select the group promotion, if users should be promoted as the primary group OR the secondary group.

The upgrade to a VIP group should be primary, so others can see it.

The upgrade to other groups should be secondary, as they may not overwrite the primary group AND members can buy 3 different "group promotions". So, theoretically, I require that members can purchase 3 group promotion items, and then they will be promoted to all of these 3 groups (1 primary, 2 secondary)

Thanks.

5 hours ago, No' said:

Hi :)

Thanks for this awesome application, it's a really good job !

I have a question :

I have this error message when i try to use an item

I think it's because i click to fast when i buy item :lol:

The problem is that i cannot remove this object ... i try to remove cache or re-sync items but impossible ...

The only solution that i find is it to delete the double in the database :(

Another solution is possible ? Maybe put a delay between every purchases

Thank you

3 hours ago, Cyboman said:

This is exactly the problem one of my moderators had when testing the plugin, which I already described above. He bought around 50 items, but 1 item got stucked there. It wasn't redeemed and you can't remove it either. I think he was clicking quite fast, too. So there might be a real problem...

I will sort it for the next update :)

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Big update coming soon along with the ability to add unlimited custom items plus there will be a add-on application for it ( I might make the add-on work with others but for now it will be a members shop add-on )

Heres a couple screenshots of the add-on

QWPy4tb.png

8qw1Kk1.png

2dL5zEe.png

Awesome!!! Looking forward to it.

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

• Brand new design of the shop / my items / rewards & logs pages allowing you to choose to from the default table or a nice new grid view
  • You can now select to send a email to your chosen user ( Admin probably ) for when a custom item is redeemed saying x member bought x item you need to do what you do to award it ( Not in them words though lol )
  • Brand new menu in the ACP for the shop items
    • Create categories for the items ( These categories will also show on the shops front page )
    • Create unlimited custom items
    • Drag & drop each item in order of how you want them to appear in the shop, or drag them to different categories you will create
    • Added a view purchase button to the ACP shop items showing who purchased the items and when
    • Moved the generate purchase button to the items table so you can just select the item then click to generate a purchase
    • Each item has it's own permission matrix to allow / disallow certain users groups from either viewing the item, buying the item or sending the item
    • You can now charge users a % of the items value to send said item to another member
  • Award points to users for joining a club
  • Remove points from users who leave / get kicked from a club
  • New shop item to allow users to be anonymous for their remaining session ( anonymous means not showing as online & session meaning until they logout )
  • Added a widget to show a list of users with the most points

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed the bug where it would only add one lot of points if a user bought multiple point packages at once via commerce

NOTE... WHEN UPDATING MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE ITEMS ARE LOCKED BEFORE YOU RE-SYNC THE ITEMS

Great update! BUT...

Be aware! Though I had all the items set to be "locked", the resync overwrote all of my items.

Fortunately, I made a backup with all texts, prices.... so I can redo them in 10 minutes. But please check this routine, as said, it didn't work for me...

Edited by Cyboman
2 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Great update! BUT...

Be aware! Though I had all the items set to be "locked", the resync overwrote all of my items.

Fortunately, I made a backup with all texts, prices.... so I can redo them in 10 minutes. But please check this routine, as said, it didn't work for me...

there is a big red notice on the top of the download page saying that, and underneath my last post,
it will only happen that for that update as the sql was changed

Edited by TheJackal84

That would have been good ;) Now I understand... Yeah, you should say this in BOLD and very BIG, that the "lock symbol is now the permissions symbol! And all users should check in the dropdown menu, if everything is still locked."

YOU REQUIRE TO MANUALLY RELOCK EACH ITEM AFTER UPGRADE BUT BEFORE RESYNCING!

So I see, after the update, all my previously "locked items" in version 1.0.2 got unlocked automatically with the update, but as the "lock symbol" (now the indicator for permission settings) still shows, you have to check in the dropdown. :) 

Edited by Cyboman
1 hour ago, JTHastings said:

my points translated OK.

• On the top of the members shop index page, they don't translate in my installation
  • I even checked the translation database for any missing keys without translation. 
  • Previously, it was the "you have" key which has already been translated (and still is, but it isn't displayed)
  • If I use the translation tools, there is no key presented/shown for this string either
  • In the sidebar, the word "category" isn't translatable either

Other few questions:

# Is there any option to deactivate the sidebar menu (=no sidebar)?

# Or is there an option to show "category titles" above the according items (=show section title headers)?

CAT NAME 1

ITEM 1 | ITEM 2 | ITEM 3

CAT NAME 2

ITEM 4 | ITEM 5 | ITEM 6...

# And can I move categories up and down in the ACP with drag and drop (=reordering)?

# Currently the grid view shows 3 in a row. How can I show more cells in a row?

These enhancements might be useful :) 

Edited by Cyboman
3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:
  • On the top of the members shop index page, they don't translate in my installation

Other few questions:

# Is there any option to deactivate the sidebar menu (=no sidebar)?

# Or is there an option to show "category titles" above the according items (=show section title headers)?

# And can I move categories up and down in the ACP with drag and drop (=reordering)?

These enhancements might be useful :) 

I see the missing lang string for that, @JTHastings was talking about something else

I will add it to a update so you can disable the sidebar ( depends how it goes because of the categories )

Explain that one again please I don't understand

The categories can't be dragged up & down only the items can, but I will add it to the update so you can drag the categories too

Edited by TheJackal84
6 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

CAT NAME 1

ITEM 1 | ITEM 2 | ITEM 3

CAT NAME 2

ITEM 4 | ITEM 5 | ITEM 6...

On the members shop index page, all items are listed and sorted by price as a default. I suggest to have a "sort by category" per default and have the "category names" as a separator between the items groups/categories. Only a suggestion.

Question: Currently the grid view shows 3 items in a row. How can I show more cells in a row? Is there a way to display f.e. 4 or 6 cells in a row?

Another issue I just found:

If I display the new widget "members with most points", there are totally different values than in the "Evo-X points leaderboard / members with most points" shown. Where does the difference come from?

1 minute ago, Cyboman said:

Question: Currently the grid view shows 3 items in a row. How can I show more cells in a row? Is there a way to display f.e. 4 or 6 cells in a row?

It will depend the screen size, if you zoom in then it will show less and less, If you use wide screen you might get 4 on the shop and 6 in the my items page etc, Tablets will probably show 2 while mobiles will show 1

2 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Another issue I just found:

If I display the new widget "members with most points", there are totally different values than in the "Evo-X points leaderboard / members with most points" shown. Where does the difference come from?

Maybe the evox_points one is counting all points ( If you have them stored elsewhere etc ) the widget shows the points they have in the member column of the database

3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

On the members shop index page, all items are listed and sorted by price as a default. I suggest to have a "sort by category" per default and have the "category names" as a separator between the items groups/categories. Only a suggestion.

All items are listed by where you placed them on the ACP menu, but if you have 2 categories then you will have 2 position 1's if you have 3 categories you will have 3 with the number 1 as the position, it is the way IPS way to, Once you go into the categories they will be listed 1-10 etc of how you placed them in the categories, I have wrote a script to show them in a random order on the main page ( I have it used in the new sports betting app add-on for this ), Maybe that would be good to add

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

It will depend the screen size, if you zoom in then it will show less and less, If you use wide screen you might get 4 on the shop and 6 in the my items page etc, Tablets will probably show 2 while mobiles will show 1

I'm on a surface book 2 with 3000x2000 resolution. And it only shows 3 in a row, no matter what zoom I configure in the edge browser...

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Maybe the evox_points one is counting all points ( If you have them stored elsewhere etc ) the widget shows the points they have in the member column of the database

I'm not sure about this... In the members shop on the top, it states "You have 245 points" (<- in your app)

But in the members shop widget next to it in the sidebar, it states that I only have 150 points. (<- in your app)

If both values are deducted from the member column in the database, shouldn't they have the same value? There could be another reason for this...

In the widget, I can even see one member with no -0- points at all (it shows the top 5), but I have dozens of members with more points than zero ;) 

1 minute ago, Cyboman said:

I'm on a surface book 2 with 3000x2000 resolution. And it only shows 3 in a row, no matter what zoom I configure in the edge browser...

@JTHastings Image shows he has 6 in the my items page

2018-02-18_15-23-15.thumb.jpg.ab44786975

On my pc I have 4

OiYpbvJ.png

zoomed into tablet view it gives 3

RXM2m7S.png

zoomed into mobile view it gives 1

fZHCpJN.png

4 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I'm not sure about this... In the members shop on the top, it states "You have 245 points" (<- in your app)

But in the members shop widget next to it in the sidebar, it states that I only have 150 points. (<- in your app)

If both values are deducted from the member column in the database, shouldn't they have the same value? There could be another reason for this...

In the widget, I can even see one member with no -0- points at all (it shows the top 5), but I have dozens of members with more points than zero ;)

I will check it out

Not sure about the resolution thing on my laptop... it might be a Microsoft edge browser misinterpretation... I will investigate further on other machines and report then...

About the new "anonymous" function / ghost mode: This is really excellent and works like a charm. Thank you very much for this, it made my day! :) Only one little suggestion concerning it: I know, the anonymous function is set to "on" until the end of the user session, but could it be possible to set a "max time", f.e. 3 days like for the other shop items (f.e. vip promotion)? A lot members never logout and the feature shouldn't last infinitely until the end of time ;) If this could be possible, it would be perfect.

Anyway, this ghost mode is really really cool, as members have to pay for their anonymous status now. That's great news!!!