Members Shop ( Support Topic )

I like the idea of 1 simple shop page, it's easy to understand and overview for everybody!

But would it be of advantage to have an easy categorization option? I think yes!

What I mean is, that there are different types of items:

• gamble items
  • function items
  • membership items
  • custom items (maybe custom items #1, custom items #2...)

If we could put category title separator rows between the items, that could be a helpful feature and help the design to become even more awesome.

What I mean is like this:

=====================================================
GAMBLE ITEMS CATEGORY
:) random points   This is the random points text    purchase now 100
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;) steal points     This is the steal points text    purchase now 10000
CUSTOM ITEMS CATEGORY
:sorcerer: custom item   This is the custom item text     purchase now 50000
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would help the overview enormously and look really good!

Plus: If I can assign items to any category without restriction, and I can (re)order the categorys like I wish them to be, I could create a PREMIUM ITEMS category on the top of the list with the most precious items first! Like topsales or most advertised. I could make a VIP group promotion stand out and be somehow highlighted. It would trigger the interest of my members in the members store even more. Or I could create a NEW category a.s.o. For marketing reasons this would be nice.

Another design improvement would be if I can select 1, 2 or 3 items and they would be featured in a special highlighted box with colored background on the top. With a very big Font Awesome symbol and BIG, BOLD letters. That would speedup sales very fast. Members love BEST OFFERS.

One other issue:

If I award a free custom purchase via the ACP, it is shown in the rewards & logs given by me, Cyboman...

BUT: Ideally, this should show as being given by a preselected chosen neutral "bot account".

Thanks.

Edited by Cyboman
8 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

Hello,

First, thank you for this app.

On my forum, I need points to be deducted whenever a content (topic, comment etc) is deleted; it would be great if you could make that happen.

Yeah that is possible, I already have wrote a script to do this as I have had it requested already, There will be a switch for if you want the users to earn points by posting on the forums or it will take points from posting on the forums and if it's to take you need points to post otherwise it will say sorry you need x points to be able to post etc etc, This will be in a future update.

8 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

s there a chance to make this app compatible with automation rules

Once I have it where I am happy I will start making it so that others can use extenstions from it. At the minute my first priority is to build this one up first with new features

4 hours ago, Cyboman said:

This would help the overview enormously and look really good!

Plus: If I can assign items to any category without restriction, and I can (re)order the categorys like I wish them to be, I could create a PREMIUM ITEMS category on the top of the list with the most precious items first! Like topsales or most advertised. I could make a VIP group promotion stand out and be somehow highlighted. It would trigger the interest of my members in the members store even more. Or I could create a NEW category a.s.o. For marketing reasons this would be nice.

I can look into that and see what I can come up with

Edited by TheJackal84

When being used with Anatik's point's application; is the fact that it doesn't honour the name of the points, or it's symbol something that was intentional, or is something broken?

Lets say I called my currency "Cyber Dollars" with the "$" mark. It's honoured and called this in Anatik's application, and despite the fact I have named it as such and told the shop to use that app; it still calls them points and doesn't display any mark, which is not very uniform across both apps. If this is intentional, I assume it can be completely edited in the language bits?

On 08/01/2018 at 1:51 PM, SerialNoob said:

Thanks for answering.

Is it possible to add custom fields to custom shop items.. I would like to add few items that would require input from members.

Not at the minute but I can look into something like that

On 08/01/2018 at 6:04 PM, Tripp★ said:

When being used with Anatik's point's application; is the fact that it doesn't honour the name of the points, or it's symbol something that was intentional, or is something broken?

Lets say I called my currency "Cyber Dollars" with the "$" mark. It's honoured and called this in Anatik's application, and despite the fact I have named it as such and told the shop to use that app; it still calls them points and doesn't display any mark, which is not very uniform across both apps. If this is intentional, I assume it can be completely edited in the language bits?

I will add it so you can select a symbol and name the currency in the next update

On 09/01/2018 at 5:23 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

Sorry if I missed it, but is it possible to create an unlimited amount of trophies, set prices for them, and add them into the shop for members to purchase?

Is it possible to create an unlimited amount of custom items, set prices for them, for members to purchase?

Trophies are still random at the minute and the custom items have 5 at the minute

On 07/01/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheJackal84 said:

I started with 5 so I can get feedback on it all and the way it works and didn't want too many to be there and confuse people, In the future there will be more maybe unlimited

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

Trophies are still random at the minute and the custom items have 5 at the minute

The idea I have is like a virtual shop, where as members earn enough points they can choose the trophies they want.

Since trophies can be any kind of graphics and displays in post user panes, it makes for a powerful and flexible award system for communities. There can be common, exclusive, limited/special, and more types. It's to the imagination. For me, this will be an important component of the awards system.

If it's possible, I'm willing to pay extra for the work as I know this is a custom request. If not, that's ok...But I hope that you will consider. :) 

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
8 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Not at the minute but I can look into something like that

Thank you.

1 - It would be nice to have individual logs, it is not easy at all to find records with the global logs 

1.1 - An overview or homepage showing the balance (more visible), form to send points, member's log, link to purchased item 

2 - Please think about extending content points to clubs

In Evo-X Points, we can set a font awesome symbol (as a currency image) to be shown directly before each points value.

It would be really nice, if the members shop functionality could adopt this, at least in the shop.

F.e.

PURCHASE FOR 30

would become

PURCHASE FOR (#) 30

And on the top of the shop:

YOU HAVE (#) 100 POINTS

I currently don't know how many blank characters are between the symbol and the value (probably 1).

But anyway, I'd love to see a consistent look, if possible. And this would be a design enhancement, too :) 

Edited by Cyboman

This is just a personal comment and NOT a bug/fix/issue that needs correcting: I have found that the default settings for the Mystery Boxes make it way too easy to build up a HUGE amount of points in no time. I've rolled these back quite a bit. I think the original idea behind this point system is to promote forum activity/content.  

4 hours ago, JTHastings said:

This is just a personal comment and NOT a bug/fix/issue that needs correcting: I have found that the default settings for the Mystery Boxes make it way too easy to build up a HUGE amount of points in no time. I've rolled these back quite a bit. I think the original idea behind this point system is to promote forum activity/content.  

You need to make sure that the expected value of your points reward is less than the points cost.  For example, if it costs you 5 points for buy the Mystery Box, then you need to make the Mystery Boxes give an average of less than 5.  

My apologies if this question answered before, but the only that I found was a relevant suggestion.

The only that I want to "sell" are downloads. eg A global setting 100 points each download, a better case amount of points depending on the category, and with the best option amount of point to be per file. But as I said, even a global setting for all is ok for me.

Is this supported?

Thank you

Chris

2 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

The only that I want to "sell" are downloads. eg A global setting 100 points each download, a better case amount of points depending on the category, and with the best option amount of point to be per file. But as I said, even a global setting for all is ok for me.

As there are paid and free downloads files mixed up, it should have different points options for these. I don't reckon that points for free downloads would support the points idea, as your bandwidth usage would explode directly... :mad: It requires a restriction to award points "only to paid downloads and only once per file".

9 hours ago, Cyboman said:

As there are paid and free downloads files mixed up, it should have different points options for these. I don't reckon that points for free downloads would support the points idea, as your bandwidth usage would explode directly... :mad: It requires a restriction to award points "only to paid downloads and only once per file".

I've only free downloads and I do believe that points will help me. Now active and non active members can download. At least with point system I can restrict it to active members. But does it supports or not?

9 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

I've only free downloads and I do believe that points will help me. Now active and non active members can download. At least with point system I can restrict it to active members. But does it supports or not?

Not at the minute. I have it in my notes so will be looking into it for a future update

8 hours ago, MediaDIGI.com said:

1) I've purchased days ago Members Shop app and Id like to use the Basic Points app by @Mike John. Is this possible?

2) Is it possible with your app that users use points to purchase items from the shop powered by Commerce application?

1) The only other points app it works with is Points by @Anatik

2) At the minute you can only buy points from commerce not use points to buy items from commerce, ( Maybe use the custom ones for now in the shop? ), I will look into it anyway and see what I can do

Edited by TheJackal84
5 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Not at the minute. I have it in my notes so will be looking into it for a future update

1) The only other points app it works with is Points by @Anatik

2) At the minute you can only buy points from commerce not use points to buy items from commerce, ( Maybe use the custom ones for now in the shop? ), I will look into it anyway and see what I can do

Please look into 2) as Id like to offer our members the possibility to purchase advertising, hosting, member upgrades that are available in our shop using their earned points.

19 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

I'm also waiting for points to download.