Members Shop ( Support Topic )

8 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

Is there supposed to be TWO "Members Shop" in the application?

2017-12-11_9-29-52.jpg

Sorry that is a language string bug my end, I will fix it in next update one is the stats and the other is the shop,

you can change it yourself if you want for now and go to language then translate and search for module__membersshop_stats then change it to statistics or what ever you want

Edited by TheJackal84
7 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

On the user profiles, it shows "points" twice (I'm using Evo X Points) and it shifts the stats line (content count, last activity...) below the box (at least if this line is full from left to right)

OK I will sort that

7 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Can your daily points be awarded though I'm using Evo X?

The only thing that will not award evox_points is the reactions as points already has that feature in, if you select evox_points then it will hide anything that is not made for it ( Though again it is only the reactions as it has it's own one, no point having 2 lol )

Edited by TheJackal84

Awesome looking update. I haven't bought this yet however the Trophies & Medal's integration has me interested.

While I probably would have liked to see a buy medal/trophy to buy a specific one.... random trophy might still work for me. Some questions though:

• Is it giving a Medal or a Trophy, they work differently in that plugin so I want to know which it is giving exactly?
  • Can you set it to only pick a random one from a certain category?  I don't want them to score certain ones which require hard work to get.

Thanks! Looking forward to more shop item types, I have some ideas for some, maybe I'll post them later.

EDIT - Suggestion

Actually I'll just post the main one that'd really sell it for me -

Ability to create manual processed items
I would like to be able to add a custom shop items people can buy that I need to manually reward. For example, a user redeems their points for a physical item... when they buy it, I get sent a PM with the details of the redemption, then I'll just fullfil it.

I think the ability to add custom manual items would open up this plugin for a wide variety of uses. I understand sending a PM may not be ideal, so perhaps a manual redemtions list in the ACP could work with just a list of redemptions that need to be filled and you can mark them as done.

EDIT #2

So I went ahead and bought it anyway, fairly confident on doing what I need with future updates. I've answered my own question as to if it awards medals or trophies. Since the trophies system auto-awards, I've just set my trophies to make them impossible to get so that the only way to get them is by a random win with this.

Edited by Cyrem
8 hours ago, Cyrem said:
  • Is it giving a Medal or a Trophy, they work differently in that plugin so I want to know which it is giving exactly?
  • Can you set it to only pick a random one from a certain category?  I don't want them to score certain ones which require hard work to get.

I made it this way so that it is harder to get the trophies, If they can pick and choose then its easy really, if it's random then they might not win the one they want, They might not win anything at all and lose their points, I can look into your way though, maybe for enough points it might be worth it

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Ability to create manual processed items
I would like to be able to add a custom shop items people can buy that I need to manually reward. For example, a user redeems their points for a physical item... when they buy it, I get sent a PM with the details of the redemption, then I'll just fullfil it.

I already have that in the works, you will create anything you want but the redemption will only send like a pm and a notification to the admin etc saying you have got to do this and that for X member and some sort of list with them all

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

So I went ahead and bought it anyway, fairly confident on doing what I need with future updates. I've answered my own question as to if it awards medals or trophies. Since the trophies system auto-awards, I've just set my trophies to make them impossible to get so that the only way to get them is by a random win with this.

you should always make a trophy what is near impossible to get, it makes the users want them more, But if you set the points high for random trophy item then people won't be redeeming them 24/7

I am always happy to update so if you have any more ideas send them my way

Edited by TheJackal84
1 minute ago, Fosters said:

Hm, the more i read about this, the more I'm confused.
Trophies have specific criteria ( registration time, posts count, reputation points,..)
How is this app giving a trophy to a member? What criteria are used here?

Medals have no criteria and they can be given and removed without any specific criteria.

It only awards trophies not medals on the random items, I have not looked into the medals yet

and the criteria for awarding trophies are here

zAdmin12.png.c9c1f44925b5f511475ff791188

15 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I already have that in the works, you will create anything you want but the redemption will only send like a pm and a notification to the admin etc saying you have got to do this and that for X member and some sort of list with them all

Awesome! waiting for that.

15 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

you should always make a trophy what is near impossible to get, it makes the users want them more, But if you set the points high for random trophy item then people won't be redeeming them 24/7

Yeah I set the points needed to 99999999 to make it impossible to otherwise get it. However it seems when I copy the trophies to make another this value gets lost, but I assume this is more an issue of Medals & Trophies.

Also how does the chance work exaclty, e.g I had 1 trophy.... should be a 100% chance right? I could not get it even after 20 attempts.

I haven't installed Member Shop yet, so I'll ask. :D

1. With Member Shop, can we create Trophies and give them a price. When members have enough points they can select the trophy of their choice and purchase it?

For me this feature will be more important than awarding a random trophy.

In the future release, I know I can create a custom item and award the trophy manually. I just thought members will love the feature of purchasing the trophies themselves.

2. Can we set a limit on the number of items or trophies that members can purchase?

If this is already a feature, sorry. :p

6 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Yeah I set the points needed to 99999999 to make it impossible to otherwise get it.

That take's the fun out, Remember you can disable them if you don't want them sold

6 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Also how does the chance work exaclty, e.g I had 1 trophy.... should be a 100% chance right? I could not get it even after 20 attempts.

The trophies are won by generating a random number from the trophy database, if you have 5 trophies active then there will be 5 id's in the database maybe 1,4,6,9,10 so the code will pick a random number from 1,4,6,9,10 and then award that trophy to the member, if the member has the award already then it won't award nothing and the user loses, I had 10 trophies and it took just over 50+ attempts to get them all, Remember when creating a trophy that you don't award it to yourself / users when creating it

1 hour ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

With Member Shop, can we create Trophies and give them a price. When members have enough points they can select the trophy of their choice and purchase it?

I could look into it yeah and see what I can come up with

1 hour ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

2. Can we set a limit on the number of items or trophies that members can purchase?

I cal also look into limits, but if you use commerce and are selling the points it could backfire on you, Imagine spending $$$ on points to try and win a trophy etc then a message comes up saying sorry you tried / brought it too many times, Now a normal user might accept this but as a paying user, I don't think they will be too happy ? ( Might be wrong though )

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I could look into it yeah and see what I can come up with

This is a much needed feature for my community. Thank you! :D

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I cal also look into limits, but if you use commerce and are selling the points it could backfire on you, Imagine spending $$$ on points to try and win a trophy etc then a message comes up saying sorry you tried / brought it too many times, Now a normal user might accept this but as a paying user, I don't think they will be too happy ? ( Might be wrong though )

Thanks! :) 

Scenario #1: The idea is to make certain items "exclusive", making the items special or limited edition.

Maybe for these items, there will be a visual number (a counter) for members to see how many items are in stock. As I think about it, maybe the number should be displayed for all items. So "unlimited" for purchase any time, "5" if the item can be purchased only 5 times, and etc. This way members will know up front how many of an item is in stock.

Scenario #2: I can select items to only be purchased x amount of times per month (or week, year, etc.). Then after the month has passed, the item will restock to the number set by the admin. Since these items will not always be available, it gives members an extra incentive to purchase them.

4 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Maybe for these items, there will be a visual number (a counter) for members to see how many items are in stock. As I think about it, maybe the number should be displayed for all items. So "unlimited" for purchase any time, "5" if the item can be purchased only 5 times, and etc. This way members will know up front how many of an item is in stock.

Sound's like a good idea

4 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Scenario #2: I can select items to only be purchased x amount of times per month (or week, year, etc.). Then after the month has passed, the item will restock to the number set by the admin. Since these items will not always be available, it gives members an extra incentive to purchase them.

Also sound's like a good idea, I will see what I can come up with :)

15 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

that needs to be done first ( It does say it in the download page you might of missed it, I might need to make it a bit bigger ), Once that's done it will show all the items and will be ready to sell etc

Hello again im not sure what im doing wrong 

im modifying points and when i press save i get this

44l39_s2TZSl-v62O6e4_A.png

3 minutes ago, Aymen Hamze said:

Hello again im not sure what im doing wrong 

im modifying points and when i press save i get this

44l39_s2TZSl-v62O6e4_A.png

In the ACP run the support tool and see what happens, that looks like there is no column in the database for the forum points, if so the support tool should say to add them, did the install go through OK?

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

In the ACP run the support tool and see what happens, that looks like there is no column in the database for the forum points, if so the support tool should say to add them, did the install go through OK?

I did not get any errors while installing

a0aDhCrNRWOujZBFkSAr8g.png

is that the support tool you mean?

Would it be possible to change or add an option to limit the "change username" and "change display" name to once? I would like to offer it, but I do not want that my user change their username all the time/have the option to do so.

Also one question. If "Points", which is connected for me, set a topic answer to 5 points, while membershop sets like 10 for a specific forum, which amount does prevail?