Clubs Enhancements

What's New in Version 1.0.13:

New:

• New setting: Add items authors as club members when manually moving items to a club?.
    • If enabled, will add members that posted in the item (authors, comments authors and reviews authors) as club members. NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES WHEN YOU MOVE A SPECIFIC ITEM. SAME WILL NOT HAPPEN WHEN YOU MOVE SEVERAL ITEMS IN THE FORUM/CATEGORY VIEW (MULTIMODERATION ACTION) OR WHEN YOU USE THE CONVERT TO CLUB FEATURE IN THE ADMIN CP.

Fix:

• Prevent "ghost" features when you delete and unapproved club. Due to that, features available in your board will only appear as option when you're creating a club if the setting New Clubs must be approved? is disabled.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Do IPS Q&A forums have best answer or mark solved these days? If I create a new topic/forum as Q&A it appears in question/answer format and I can upvote answers but as poster cannot mark a best answer. 

If I go to my ACP → Clubs and edit the club, I see the forum within it but it is set as discussion, not question. Odd.

.ACP-clubs.thumb.png.fbda209672db10948887ba4f47a41806.png

If I set it to Questions and Save, it does not stick. I reopen the edit pane and it's back to Discussions.  On the front end, it sill looks like a q&a forum.

Edited to add: If I create a q&a forum in ACP → Forum and then use the deluxe "convert to club feature" feature, the q&a seems to look and work as expected, with a big "best answer" checkmark on each reply. 

Edited by bradl
13 hours ago, bradl said:

Do IPS Q&A forums have best answer or mark solved these days? If I create a new topic/forum as Q&A it appears in question/answer format and I can upvote answers but as poster cannot mark a best answer. 

Edited to add: If I create a q&a forum in ACP → Forum and then use the deluxe "convert to club feature" feature, the q&a seems to look and work as expected, with a big "best answer" checkmark on each reply. 

I can't reproduce that. If you're not the question submitter, then you must be a moderator with Can set best answer for questions? permisison enabled in ALL FORUMS. See:

If I go to my ACP → Clubs and edit the club, I see the forum within it but it is set as discussion, not question. Odd.

This is fixed. I will wait a few days to release a new version. Let me know if you (and anyone else) wants this fix. I'll send via PM.

I'm probably not understanding correctly. When I edit my own moderator privileges to be able to set best answer in all forums, I can do that  for anyone's question (thanks for pointing that out).  

But when I use a regular user account to ask a question, should I as question-submitter be able to mark best answer in my own question without being moderator?  

I don't know how to do that screencast thing but if I create my question forum in forums using the ACP → Forums, my Test User account can choose a best answer; if I move that question forum to Clubs, the user can mark a best answer, but if the question forum is created from the front end, from within the Club features, the test user account cannot choose a best answer — as moderator, I can (as shown in the screencast).

Here I have created a question, answered it from my admin account, then visited as original asker. The user "Tess Case" does not have moderator permissions and would be regular user of the club question forum (created from within the club).

qa.thumb.png.5ff15913516dafa3369cb474044d981f.png

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding how things are supposed to work.

Let me know if you want to test the newest version before I release it to the marketplace.

New features:

1 - ability to add several members manuall to the club:

Capturar.png

2 - Ability to send private message to club members (leaders, moderators or members):

Capturar.png

Capturar.png

Fix:

Fix the ability of question submitter to mark a post as best answer.

@abetts and @bradl, I will send a PM with new version attached, since you both requested features/fixes. @Unlucky, I'll try again today/tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to try new version, reply here and I'll add you to the conversation.

Tks. :)

On 8/14/2017 at 10:20 PM, Adriano Faria said:

@Unlucky, I'll try again today/tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to try new version, reply here and I'll add you to the conversation.

thanks

On 7/24/2017 at 10:22 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just wondered if you have a rough ETA for the club categories addition?

Thanks

Is this now off the to do list?

If so I will try to work out doing it via custom fields somehow

32 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

thanks

Is this now off the to do list?

If so I will try to work out doing it via custom fields somehow

Tried a few times but it has a BUNCH of editions in files, templates, etc. and not all places are "hookable". This is off the radar for now.

On 14/08/2017 at 0:20 PM, Unlucky said:

Any news on this feature?

Working now:

Capturar.png

Capturar1.png

After plugin:

Capturar2.png

I will add you to the conversation so you can test it out before I release it.

Hi,

Does this allow club owners to have a standard forum functionality? I guess what I mean is the ability to create a normal forum structure. 

One thing I dislike about clubs out of the box is the forums are called "topics" and the inability for a club owner to have categories with sub forums for discussions. 

Hi.I need a common feature in my Community to work with Clubs also.  I would prefer to have this feature included in a mod so it is easier to be upgraded in the future for new versions of clubs. IF I have a custom mod made will probably be more difficult to keep updated if clubs have changes in the future.

What I need is a   "default title", "default 1st topic" & "default reply" per topic tab to a club. A text that would auto load every time a user wants to create a topic or reply in one specific tab. So far, the mods on the marketplace do not deal with clubs, only with forum topics.  It's useful to create, for example, review templates on specific sections or suggest titles to users or include instructions on the screen for users. For example, it could load a text on the first post saying "Please attach pictures on top of the text" 

I think it could be something useful, but I understand if you don't think it's a valuable asset to your mod or there are more urgent things.

Hello Adriano,
great job, I just bought it and everything works fine for me.

I have a question, I think it does not depend on your plugin but from the core but I think it's an interesting point and it's about the club's home page.

If I insert a custom block of feeds, for example from the calendar, I see all the events of the entire site, not just those of that specific club.

What do you suggest me  for filter records about the single club only and not the rest of the other clubs or public areas ?

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work ;)