Bookmarks - Support Topic

Hi, just installed bookmarks on IPB 4.3 but not appearing on posts...

198717317_ScreenShot2018-05-01at12_57_09PM.png.4dbbc8c755b66c0c96664beecebf6124.png

1785853937_ScreenShot2018-05-01at12_57_22PM.thumb.png.7a159d43f5107a38ef728ffdbf072e01.png

Any suggestions? Looking forward to making this available to our members. :)

==

Oddly enough, "My Bookmarks" is visible in the member menu.

604504559_ScreenShot2018-05-01at12_59_10PM.png.af5794f35039a4bc34ec2420b09b9f4f.png

==

Of course I just found it - edited the member groups that I want to access the bookmarks, RESOLVED.

Thanks for a great app. :)

Edited by KiteLife
  • 4 weeks later...

Since upgrading to PHP7.2 the bookmarks app has stopped working. Is there a fix for this> We are running version 1.4.0 and all groups have access to the app.

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2bookmarknoperm

2082058909_ScreenShot2018-05-30at10_33_21AM.thumb.png.77e84b81bcd32dfc8ba45ffcd3e9d7dd.png

On 5/31/2018 at 1:44 AM, AlexWright said:

@Fosters there does not appear to be a "bookmark" link in the Lightbox for Gallery. It does appear on the gallery page, but not anywhere on the actual opened image's Lightbox. Would it be possible to add a "bookmark" link there?

Thanks, this passed somehow our 4.3 testing. Will be fixed in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mousie said:

@Fosters -- is it possible to get the bookmarks to display as a list of topics, rather than the individual posts? I'd love for my members to be able to bookmark whole topics under categories they can define themselves.

Couldn’t they just bookmark the first post?

Just now, Fosters said:

Couldn’t they just bookmark the first post?

They could, but in the actual bookmark listing it contains the post object details. An option to have that switch to the topic object details (comment count, last post, last poster name and link, etc) would be incredibly useful. Or for members to be able to select in their bookmark categories how to display the list? So one category could be "favourite posts" another could be "favourite topics"?

@Fosters, i just installed this and it appears to be a great app, nice work.

I have a feature request in a future update if its possible (perhaps its there and I am not seeing it and I did look thru some of this thread to see if it had been requested but my A.D.D kicks in)

Would it be possible to set a forum permission to force bookmarks to be private, so that a staff member doesn't public bookmark a private forum topic/post. In testing I was able to see a post set as public from a private forum on an account that does not have permission to see it.

28 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

@Fosters, i just installed this and it appears to be a great app, nice work.

. In testing I was able to see a post set as public from a private forum on an account that does not have permission to see it.

This shouldn’t be possible, this app has a permission check.

what happened when you clicked on the link to the post ? Did you get a no permission error ?

3 minutes ago, Fosters said:

This shouldn’t be possible, this app has a permission check.

what happened when you clicked on the link to the post ? Did you get a no permission error ?

To be fair I did not click it, but was able to see a good portion of the post in the Bookmarks portion on my profile

I will re create the situation to test it, going to bed now and will do tomorrow

Edited by JustHatched

I am getting a 500 when trying to read a topic in our forums section after enabling the Bookmark plugin. I have PHP 7.2 and v4.2.8 with Community and version 1.3.2 for Bookmarks. The errors go away once the plugin has been disabled. I looked into the logs and there was not anything helpful in there. I noticed on previous posts that others were having similar issues and you were trying to replicate the issue. Please let me know what you found out when testing and how we can resolve this. Thanks!

Edited by dschreiber
2 minutes ago, ehoward said:

I am having the same problem that someone else did.  What should i do?

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2bookmarknoperm

Did you set the group permissions?

6 hours ago, dschreiber said:

@fosters any idea why Bookmark isn't working for us with the information I provided above? Do you need more information? 

Also, we upgraded to 4.3 this morning and it is still currently giving us a 500.

Could I please get ACP and FTP details to investigate this ?

6 hours ago, ehoward said:

Hi Sir... it does not show up there... 

test.PNG

No, not there, please click on the group settings, not the permissions icon.