Bookmarks - Support Topic

On 6/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, JustHatched said:

@Fosters, i just installed this and it appears to be a great app, nice work.

I have a feature request in a future update if its possible (perhaps its there and I am not seeing it and I did look thru some of this thread to see if it had been requested but my A.D.D kicks in)

Would it be possible to set a forum permission to force bookmarks to be private, so that a staff member doesn't public bookmark a private forum topic/post. In testing I was able to see a post set as public from a private forum on an account that does not have permission to see it.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:10 AM, Fosters said:

This shouldn’t be possible, this app has a permission check.

what happened when you clicked on the link to the post ? Did you get a no permission error ?

On 6/18/2018 at 12:12 AM, JustHatched said:

To be fair I did not click it, but was able to see a good portion of the post in the Bookmarks portion on my profile

I will re create the situation to test it, going to bed now and will do tomorrow

On 6/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, Fosters said:

Sorry, my fault, we have indeed no permission check in this version.
Let me see with the others why we implemented it this way.

Just curious of the status of this. If it is going to be awhile before there is a fix I am fine with that but would like to know either way

1 minute ago, Fosters said:

Some want it minimal, others want to see all the information:( 
I'll probably have to add dozen of settings to this app:D

I could live with settings, @Fosters XD 

Could do as a minimal view/detailed view -- have a setting that switches the two templates? Anyone who wants more complicated can edit the template themselves. XD

24 minutes ago, Mousie said:

Anyone who wants more complicated can edit the template themselves. XD

Then just edit it ?

joking, I had indeed 2 templates in mind, but settings would be easier and allow people to show whatever information they need and want.

2 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Then just edit it ?

joking, I had indeed 2 templates in mind, but settings would be easier and allow people to show whatever information they need and want.

I did @Fosters, I just have to do it again after the updates. XD And then work out how to do it again because my tiny woman brain forgets between versions (the horror of a regularly updated and supported mod! How dare! -- kidding, you're great)

Settings sounds very good to me!

Lots of errors in System Logs.  Something with Bookmarks, Tools Menu, and Group Collaboration.  

Error: Class 'IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecordIterator' not found in /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/bookmark/sources/Bookmark/Bookmark.php:139
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/bookmark/extensions/toolsmenu/FostersToolsMenu/Bookmarks.php(18): IPS\bookmark\_Bookmark::getMenuBookmarks()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/applications/toolsmenu/sources/Helper/Menu.php(52): IPS\bookmark\extensions\toolsmenu\FostersToolsMenu\_Bookmarks->getExtraMenu()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(139): IPS\toolsmenu\Helper\_Menu::getExtraMenus()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_toolsmenu_front_global->menu()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(15501): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('menu', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->userBar()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/adonismale.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(6174): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userBar', Array)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('Thinking of you...', '\n\n<div data-con...', Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(118): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(574): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(140): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\collab_hook_ipsDispatcherFront->finish()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(68): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(15501): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('menu', Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->userBar()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(6174): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userBar', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(58): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('Thinking of you...', '\n\n<div data-con...', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(118): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(574): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(140): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\collab_hook_ipsDispatcherFront->finish()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/mycommunity.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Fosters said:

I had indeed 2 templates in mind, but settings would be easier and allow people to show whatever information they need and want.

When will the upgrade with the announced new templates or settings take place? Just asking, as I will be interested again as soon as there is a compact, minimalistic display of bookmarks. My communities opinion was, that bookmarks only make sense, if they can find each specific bookmark easily and fast again. With more than f.e. 200 bookmarks and a totally overloaded template, no member ever found his favourite bookmarks again.

And my members also like to create complete "bookmark lists" in different "bookmark categories" for other members. Sort of their personal best-of-advices-selections. That's the reason, why categories should have individual descriptions shown on the member profiles, and bookmarks should have an extra field for an individual, personal bookmark note, to enhance the bookmark with personal words...

I suggest, just the BOOKMARK CATEGORY NAME and additionally 2-3 lines text description should be shown for the categories headlines (as a settings option).
And for the bookmarks, just show the original title of f.e. the topic. And have a second text line for editable personal notes, that can identify the tangible content, if the member wishes to add such a note. (as a setting option)

What I'd love to see is something like this:

PUBLIC BOOKMARK CATEGORY NAME 1
public category name description

BOOKMARK 1 TITLE
personal bookmark note

BOOKMARK 2 TITLE
personal bookmark note

PRIVATE CATEGORY NAME 2

aso...

Thanks.

I purchased this yesterday, but can't seem to get the bookmarks to show up. 

I installed the application, then went into the ACP-->Community-->Members-->Groups and enabled the bookmarks for all groups. 

Is there something else I need to do? I was just hoping to give my forum users a way to bookmark forum posts. ?Thanks!

6 hours ago, Sarah Mackenzie said:

I purchased this yesterday, but can't seem to get the bookmarks to show up. 

I installed the application, then went into the ACP-->Community-->Members-->Groups and enabled the bookmarks for all groups. 

Is there something else I need to do? I was just hoping to give my forum users a way to bookmark forum posts. ?Thanks!

Are you using a custom theme ? Does it work with the default one?

if you send me the url and admin login credentials, I’ll take a look ? 

15 minutes ago, Fosters said:

if you send me the url and admin login credentials, I’ll take a look ? 

Just sent them to you as a message! Thank you so much

15 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Are you using a custom theme ? Does it work with the default one?

I... don't know. ?I think it might be custom?

Hey Folks...

I've been evaluating Xenforo and Invision Community for the past year and following 4.3 have decided to focus on Invision. Which is great, but like all these A or B type decisions there's good and not so good in both products.

One of the good things about Xenforo is the 3rd party Bookmarks app. It sits in full view on the menu bar and allows content to be bookmarked and vice versa by clicking on a bookmark icon in posts etc. All very simple and just as importantly, quick to use. Bookmarked content can be pinned in the drop down and also viewed in a full page setting.

image.thumb.png.76a33cac21028bbaa84023bcdde78fe5.png

I was  hoping @Fosters solution might take some pointers from the above, or perhaps they have already been included? It's difficult to tell given the lack of a demo site.

Either way, hope the above is useful.

Best wishes,

Chris

7 hours ago, christopher-w said:

Hey Folks...

I've been evaluating Xenforo and Invision Community for the past year and following 4.3 have decided to focus on Invision. Which is great, but like all these A or B type decisions there's good and not so good in both products.

One of the good things about Xenforo is the 3rd party Bookmarks app. It sits in full view on the menu bar and allows content to be bookmarked and vice versa by clicking on a bookmark icon in posts etc. All very simple and just as importantly, quick to use. Bookmarked content can be pinned in the drop down and also viewed in a full page setting.

image.thumb.png.76a33cac21028bbaa84023bcdde78fe5.png

I was  hoping @Fosters solution might take some pointers from the above, or perhaps they have already been included? It's difficult to tell given the lack of a demo site.

Either way, hope the above is useful.

Best wishes,

Chris

We have such a menu, it's only available if you also have https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9024-tools-menu/ , but it's not that sexy as the xf version on your screenshots. I guess we could improve it.

Right now it's only a link:

162f684700efd24779b40f3546eaeab9.gif.b69