Bookmarks - Support Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Fosters Thank you for the useful application. A couple of questions if you allow:
1. What does Sticky mean? I could not see this function anywhere, just like Color.
2. If you add a bookmark by writing bookmark_title then bookmarks_activity_stream_bookmarked is displayed incorrectly,% s takes the value of bookmark_title.
3. If you save a bookmark without a category in the future, you can only delete it (export does not count). It is probably best to disable the ability to save without a category, or to provide the ability to move bookmarks not only when deleting a category.

To be honest, I'm a little upset with such modest features and settings for $22 + Renewal Term :sad:

Edited by MIXOH
2 hours ago, MIXOH said:

2. If you add a bookmark by writing bookmark_title then bookmarks_activity_stream_bookmarked is displayed incorrectly,% s takes the value of bookmark_title.

In \extensions\core\Notifications\Bookmark.php

$title = $item::$title;
		$container = ( $item instanceof \IPS\Content\Item ) ? $item : $item->item();

$containerTitle = $container->mapped('title');

Missing $containerType 

Would be:

$title = $item::$title;
		$container = ( $item instanceof \IPS\Content\Item ) ? $item : $item->item();
		$containerType = $container::$title;
		$containerTitle = $container->mapped('title');

5 hours ago, MIXOH said:

Hello @Fosters Thank you for the useful application. A couple of questions if you allow:
1. What does Sticky mean? I could not see this function anywhere, just like Color.
3. If you save a bookmark without a category in the future, you can only delete it (export does not count). It is probably best to disable the ability to save without a category, or to provide the ability to move bookmarks not only when deleting a category.

To be honest, I'm a little upset with such modest features and settings for $22 + Renewal Term :sad:

Sticky means that the bookmark is important and that it’s going to be shown on the top of the list. You can also filter by sticky/ not sticky bookmarks and it includes further enhancements with our other apps like or navigation tool ?app.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Why my own private bookmarks are shown in other member's profile nodes (tabs)? Is this a normal behavior? If yes, what is the reason to do this? Those users, even with no content at all shouldn't have this tab with the bookmarks, which are no related to them at all. In my opinion, since the bookmarks are private, I should see them only in my own profile tab.

4 hours ago, alexxis said:

Why my own private bookmarks are shown in other member's profile nodes (tabs)?

I have this too... It's very confusing as it makes it look like, for instance, that my bookmarks are theirs, when they're not. I see this on my test forum and I've consequently not installed the app on my real forum for this reason :sad:

May I add to the feature requests, please?

- Could we have categories in private bookmarks as well as in public ones?

- Could bookmarks be made editable - so that one can edit a title or change category, and change a bookmark to private or public? If I should decide to use the public option, I can foresee my members making a bookmark public when they meant it to be private, or vice versa.

Edited by Millipede
Spelling

I did my further investigation and I want to point out some cases and issues to @Fosters ' attention:

a) the activity stream shows a bookmark title (if any provided) rather than an item name (like @MIXOH described in his second point. Just an adding of the line "$containerType = $container::$title;" doesn't help);

b) is it possible to put all the application settings in one place? If a big community has lots of groups, it becomes annoying to change them one by one for activating the bookmarks. Also, for me it was hard to find the place, where you input the "simple mode" activation 🙂 Why not to let all the settings editable in one separate place?

c) when adding a bookmark, we see the bookmark adding time, but there is no time for the message posting, and even no author of the bookmarked content shown! Would you mind implement this please?

d) If the simple mode is activated, the bookmarks are added in the Private status only. How about adding a setting to choose the status of the bookmarks, when they are added in the simple mode?

e) How about letting members choose by themselves, if they want to use simple mode or enhanced mode?

f) if the group setting does not allow that group's members to add private bookmarks, in the simple mode they are still added in the private status 😞 

g) If a group doesn't have an access to the Application "Bookmarks" (no permissions given through the Application settings on the Applications' page here "&controller=applications&do=permissions&id=125&subnode=1"), users in this group are still getting notifications, when their content is being bookmarked (by Public bookmarks)! 😞 I believe, it should not work in this way.

h) Private bookmarks are automatically added to the existing bookmark category, even if I don't choose that category when adding those private bookmarks 😞 That's why now I see 7 bookmarks inside my category, but it shows the number "4" (three of them are private, and I didn't choose that category for them when adding them) here "/bookmarks/bookmark_cat/?category_id=1"

I find your application very useful and important to my community (otherwise I won't purchase it 🙂 ) , but it needs some improvement for sure...

Hi,

I'm still investigating and trying to improve this, the whole "simple mode / private bookmarks" stuff got quite out of control and was implemented too fast without planing it further, so we need to find a better, more stable solution for this, instead of just releasing a new quick and dirty release

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2018 at 11:40 PM, JustHatched said:

@Fosters, i just installed this and it appears to be a great app, nice work.

I have a feature request in a future update if its possible (perhaps its there and I am not seeing it and I did look thru some of this thread to see if it had been requested but my A.D.D kicks in)

Would it be possible to set a forum permission to force bookmarks to be private, so that a staff member doesn't public bookmark a private forum topic/post. In testing I was able to see a post set as public from a private forum on an account that does not have permission to see it.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:10 AM, Fosters said:

This shouldn’t be possible, this app has a permission check.

what happened when you clicked on the link to the post ? Did you get a no permission error ?

On 6/18/2018 at 12:12 AM, JustHatched said:

To be fair I did not click it, but was able to see a good portion of the post in the Bookmarks portion on my profile

I will re create the situation to test it, going to bed now and will do tomorrow

On 6/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, Fosters said:

Sorry, my fault, we have indeed no permission check in this version.
Let me see with the others why we implemented it this way.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, JustHatched said:

Does the recent update address the permissions issue?

On 7/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, JustHatched said:

Just curious of the status of this. If it is going to be awhile before there is a fix I am fine with that but would like to know either way

What is the status of all this @Fosters? It's been quite the while now.

Edited by JustHatched
  • 3 weeks later...

It's shown as tooltip while hovering over the title

On 11/19/2018 at 10:16 AM, Semenedar said:

Hello,

How to disable Bookmarks module into the messenger? I don't want link "Bookmarks" ONLY inside the private messages.

That's unfortunately not possible with the current version, but I guess we could add an option for each content type

6 hours ago, Fosters said:

but I guess we could add an option for each content type

Will it be possible in the next version? If so, when can I expect the version with the option to disable bookmarks from the messenger? In the "BookmarkLink" template bit, there is:

<span data-controller='bookmark.front.bookmark.link{{if $manage}}(manage.bookmark){{endif}}'>
{{if !$item->isBookmarked() }}
    <a href="{$item->url('bookmark')->csrf()->setQueryString('isButton', $button)}" {{if $button}} class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}}  {{if !\IPS\Application::load( 'bookmark')->isSimpleMode() }} data-action="bookmark" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="bookmark_simple"}"  data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit="true" {{else}}data-action='simpleBookmark' {{endif}} >{lang="bookmark"}</a>
{{else}}
    <a href="{$item->url('removeBookmark')->csrf()}" {{if $button}} data-isButton class="ipsButton ipsButton_link ipsButton_verySmall "{{endif}} data-action="removeBookmark">{lang="remove_bookmark"}</a>
{{endif}}
</span>

That is a reference to the IPS button class. Either everything or nothing. It's not enough, right? Everything or nothing. Do you understand that people first do and later think? In this way you can either turn off everything, or let people make mistakes and make private conversations public. "Sorry! I was wrong 🙂 It was supposed to be privat but it's public!"

Edited by Semenedar
On 9/11/2018 at 11:53 AM, alexxis said:

Hello,

Why my own private bookmarks are shown in other member's profile nodes (tabs)? Is this a normal behavior? If yes, what is the reason to do this? Those users, even with no content at all shouldn't have this tab with the bookmarks, which are no related to them at all. In my opinion, since the bookmarks are private, I should see them only in my own profile tab.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, Millipede said:

I have this too... It's very confusing as it makes it look like, for instance, that my bookmarks are theirs, when they're not. I see this on my test forum and I've consequently not installed the app on my real forum for this reason :sad:

May I add to the feature requests, please?

- Could we have categories in private bookmarks as well as in public ones?

- Could bookmarks be made editable - so that one can edit a title or change category, and change a bookmark to private or public? If I should decide to use the public option, I can foresee my members making a bookmark public when they meant it to be private, or vice versa.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, Millipede said:

@Fosters, you may not like me for asking this (sorry!)... but are we any nearer to fixing some of the issues mentioned, including the one I mentioned on 11 September, as I installed it on my test forum but I’m still not installing this on my live forum until it’s fixed?

@Fosters I bought the app in July and have patiently waited since September for a reply to the above... :smile:

Will there be an update coming, dealing with the various issues mentioned by others as well as myself? If so, how soon? If not, I’d really hate to have to ask for a refund for another of your apps; I’d prefer not to have to, but the app’s currently buggy, making it unusable for its purpose... :sad:

The idea behind Bookmarks is excellent, it would be so nice to have it working properly :smile:

• 1 month later...

@Fosters, renewal for my purchase of this app is now due. There’s no point in my renewing an app I haven’t been able to use due to the issues previously mentioned.

It’s been 4 months since you said you’ll address these critical issues, and nothing’s been done about it since. There’s also been no reply to my last post of 24 November. Consequently, I’m asking you for a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Great App, A must have on a 2019 board, reminds me of the facebook save feature.

Just one thing, is there a CSS code I can use to hide the bookmark tab on all message on the Private message page? 

I have both private and public activated in the permission settings. This kind of makes it confusing for users who might think adding a private message to their bookmark as public will actually show the PM to the public. If possible in later updates can you code it so the public option does not show when adding PM bookmarks?

Thanks 

Edited by beats23
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it doesn't do this, and I'm going to buy it anyways, but here's a feature suggestion if you're taking those.

It would be cool if public bookmarks could become more of a curated list, where the user has more control over the ordering or can maybe a way to add commentary to each one. The use case I'm thinking of is say, a movies database, where the user could create a "My Favorites" or "Best of 60s Sci-Fi" list that others could browse. The Pages database powers the content, but Bookmarks provides discoverability that users can build for you.

Hopefully that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Time Travel Institute said:

I know it doesn't do this, and I'm going to buy it anyways, but here's a feature suggestion if you're taking those.

It would be cool if public bookmarks could become more of a curated list, where the user has more control over the ordering or can maybe a way to add commentary to each one. The use case I'm thinking of is say, a movies database, where the user could create a "My Favorites" or "Best of 60s Sci-Fi" list that others could browse. The Pages database powers the content, but Bookmarks provides discoverability that users can build for you.

Hopefully that makes sense.

You can comment a bookmark by using the note field and your "my favorites" example.. couldn't you use the categories for this?

Edited by Fosters