Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

On 9/20/2019 at 2:21 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I am trying to switch off the footer showing on mobile devices but change is not saving.

When I go back in to check, the setting has not been saved

Can you check if the same happens to you. Thanks

I just updated the Advanced Footer in marketplace, Please re download and update.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for reporting 🙂 

• 2 months later...

@TAMAN

I've managed to sort most of the things I asked about recently, I don't know how to disable the 'read more' option.

I see you change it 0 but that doesn't show anything, I though adding -0 might disable it but it's not allowed. Can you please explain how I can do this, so that the widget space is always the full amount of space required to show the text etc.

1 hour ago, Joey_M said:

@TAMAN

I've managed to sort most of the things I asked about recently, I don't know how to disable the 'read more' option.

I see you change it 0 but that doesn't show anything, I though adding -0 might disable it but it's not allowed. Can you please explain how I can do this, so that the widget space is always the full amount of space required to show the text etc.

Sorry, I  thought i have a setting to disable the Truncate.

Anyway, just add 100 in the field.

If your block is more than 100 lines of text then simply increase the value 😉 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sonya* said:

Can I use custom Pages blocks in the footer? Something like 

{block="my_block_key"}

I need a custom output for feeds from my Pages databases. Every database should have its own feed.

Hi,

a custom output is not possible unforuntly.

but you can already output a pages database feed block in footer.

5 hours ago, TAMAN said:

but you can already output a pages database feed block in footer.

I have over 5 databases here, I am afraid the same output for each of them would not make sense. I have created all blocks that I need, for hottest news, newest articles and so on... One of the blocks uses SuperBlocks :biggrin: It would be perfect if your plugin would allow custom blocks or template plugins.

Edited by Sonya*
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but:

I have discovered a somewhat obscure glitch when using AF and sharing Gallery items to Facebook: If you want to share a Gallery image to FB if you have AF installed, it must have a description.  If you try to share an image which doesn't have a description (just title and user comments etc.) AF seems to interfere; one of the blocks' text content appears where the description should.

I disabled AF and was able to share description-less images without problem.

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, PaulKet said:

How can I add a background that encompasses the advanced footer and the copyright on my site just like the footer background does here on the IPS website?

That would depend on the theme

if you provide more information i could help with some css

better with a link

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed this application, but can not seem to make work correctly for some of the options.  Custom block with text works fine though...

example where not working...

1. Quick Links block - Enter websites, but does not show in the footer.  The icon shows up & hyperlink works - but NO text...

Amy I missing something very basic?   

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 9.40.57 PM.png

Edited by interfx
33 minutes ago, interfx said:

example where not working...

1. Quick Links block - Enter websites, but does not show in the footer.  The icon shows up & hyperlink works - but NO text...

Yes the example is incorrect because I forgot to close the element tag and thats what happens if you use html incorrectly in the fields 

b0431dcbe761456adaa94dae2117080c.png

anyway, you should add you icons next to links like this

<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i> Facebook

8187db9f732163ac4394f55274d1b3f7.png

4 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Yes the example is incorrect because I forgot to close the element tag and thats what happens if you use html incorrectly in the fields 

b0431dcbe761456adaa94dae2117080c.png

anyway, you should add you icons next to links like this

<i class="fa fa-facebook"></i> Facebook

8187db9f732163ac4394f55274d1b3f7.png

Thanks, that fixed it!  Awesome...

• 1 month later...

It's quite time consuming to add everybody as client right now to the new submission (I really didn't expect that it would be that time-consuming:D )

I'm doing this in daily batches and I promise that I'll have every old purchaser imported to the new file until the new version for 4.5 gets released. Please don't pm me because of access to the new file. The current version is the same as the one in @TAMANs release.