Project Manager / Bug&Suggestion Tracker - Supporttopic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've purchased this, installed it on my forum, created a few projects and entered a whole slew of issues.  At this point I'm only using it to track issues with my website (the main website which contains a large games database, the forums, and online store).  But I will open this up to homebrew game developer as well so they can use it for project management and bug tracking.

I have a few suggestions after using it for the past hour:

• When creating a new issue, add a "Save and Reload" button, and change the "Save" button to go back to the issues list.  This will make it easier to add a bunch of issues all at once.
  • When creating a new issue, add drop-down for Status so you can immediately set the status to something other than "Open".  Default to "Open", of course.
  • When viewing an issue, please add "Status" drop-down so you can easily change the status without having to click on "Change Details".
  • For the Issues list, I'd much prefer if the Status and Priority were separate columns so they were all lined up nicely.  It's a bit cluttered at the moment.  With these sitting underneath the Type and Title.
  • Make display of project cover photo optional?  Either globally for the entire app or on a per-project basis.  I don't see any way to disable this now.  If you don't have a project photo selected, you just get a bit, empty, dark box.
  • Would really like the ability to link directly to a project category and only display the projects inside that category.  For instance, I have a category for issues related to my website, and within that category are three projects (Main Site, Forums, Store).  I want to link to this category from within the forum, and I don't want the other project categories to be visible in this case.

That's all for now.  I understand you are working on a version 3.0 of this application.  Just curious how that's coming along and what features you plan on adding to it?

Thanks,

..Al

Now that I've been using this a few days, I think the filtering needs to be more flexible.  For instance, I'd like to be able to mix and match the following:

• One or more Item Types (in my case, these are Bug, Suggestion, or Theme Issue)
  • One or more Priorities (High, Medium, Low, for instance)
  • One or more Statuses (Open, In Progress, Declined, Complete, as examples)
  • Items Assigned to [choose a user, default to me]
  • Items Created by [choose a user, default to me]

This would be considerably more flexible than what's available now, where you can only choose from one item type or "Only Open Items", "Open Items assigned to me", "Created by me", and "Open items created by me".  I'd also like to set defaults for the filtering, so I can hide "Completed" items by default so they don't get in the way of stuff I need to do, but I and others can still take a look at items that have been closed to get a history of what's been completed, declined, marked as a duplicate, etc.

I ran into this as I wanted look at any Open "Bugs" with a High or Medium priority, sorted in by highest priority first.

It seems that you should be able to select one or more statuses you wish to view, and be able to do the same with Priority.  So I could see just "High" and "Medium" priority items with a status that isn't "Closed" or "Finished".  While also being able to filter on items assigned to me and/or created by me.  Right now you only get to choose from

Thanks for your consideration,

..Al

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 7:37 PM, AtariAge said:

When creating a new issue, add a "Save and Reload" button, and change the "Save" button to go back to the issues list.  This will make it easier to add a bunch of issues all at once.

Wouldn't save and reload load the edit form for the SAME issue? So when you then submit the form, it would replace the existing item instead of creating a new one.
What about a copy issue feature?

When creating a new issue, add drop-down for Status so you can immediately set the status to something other than "Open".  Default to "Open", of course.

Added to my suggestions list

When viewing an issue, please add "Status" drop-down so you can easily change the status without having to click on "Change Details".

I'm not a fan of this, wouldn't this allow one to change it accidentally without even noticing it?

Would really like the ability to link directly to a project category and only display the projects inside that category.  For instance, I have a category for issues related to my website, and within that category are three projects (Main Site, Forums, Store).  I want to link to this category from within the forum, and I don't want the other project categories to be visible in this case.

Sorry, I don't understand this. Could you please explain it?

Make display of project cover photo optional?  Either globally for the entire app or on a per-project basis.  I don't see any way to disable this now.  If you don't have a project photo selected, you just get a bit, empty, dark box.

I have changed this already to follow the new IPS "random images" as cover photos workflow for the upcoming release.

• 3 weeks later...

You're welcome :)

@Fosters how about adding a feature to create projects and give permissions to single users, not usergroups?

Just like on slack for example. You have your whole team on the board, but some have access to channel a and others to channel b and c or whatever.

Would make a lot much easier and you don't need tons of usergroups anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Does it supports post prefixes? Should be very helpful to avoid creating lots of projectes. eg for a script table prefix can help to organize bugs to Installation, AdminCP, UserCP, Frontend, Templates etc.

And a small design issue to fix in the next update. https://www.cmsviral.com/projects/

If I understood well the "Version" is also a text string and a link and overlap each other. See the "Version History" link, or Release History, can't read it well.

Thank you

Chris

Edited: The text overlap is when the description splits in 2 lines. Most probably a missing overflow: hidden, but again the line goes over the text. I'm not good with css so can't suggest anything.

Edited by ChrisTERiS
14 hours ago, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

Does it supports post prefixes? Should be very helpful to avoid creating lots of projectes. eg for a script table prefix can help to organize bugs to Installation, AdminCP, UserCP, Frontend, Templates etc.

And a small design issue to fix in the next update. https://www.cmsviral.com/projects/

If I understood well the "Version" is also a text string and a link and overlap each other. See the "Version History" link, or Release History, can't read it well.

Thank you

Chris

Edited: The text overlap is when the description splits in 2 lines. Most probably a missing overflow: hidden, but again the line goes over the text. I'm not good with css so can't suggest anything.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean with post prefixes/table prefixes. Could you please clarify it:)

2 hours ago, Fosters said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean with post prefixes/table prefixes. Could you please clarify it:)

I'm still novice using IPS, but I think that, as all forums it supports post prefic. Something like "internal categories", usually before the title.

eg here is an example of a xenForo post prefix.

post_prefix.jpg