Project Manager / Bug&Suggestion Tracker - Supporttopic

6 hours ago, Fosters said:
13 hours ago, Cyboman said:

On the first issue (= a project item), in the details view, others can't react to the first issue post (reactions missing in the template, ^^ already mentioned above)

I can't reproduce this, works fine here.
Could you please check if any of your project manager templates are customized?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that this occurs on "mobile" only, not on the desktop view

Please I want to request Custom Field inside the "Details" widget, or Issue information panel. 

If appear issue, should be appear solution later, but sometime the solution appear many time discussion, or change of information, or a progress workflow, in this case the comment section is used to show the discussion, change of information, progress workflow or confirmation of a task, so some issue will be contain many comments, if let me add a custom field to the detail panel, I will put there a solution link, when after open the Issue View page(in this case the issue will be completed), I can click the lick and take me to the comment where contain the solution, I avoid have to scrolling and searching which comment contain the solution information.

Projectmana9.thumb.png.fba29e87584dc4f81cc081e5a0e2e96c.png

I think the scene need and concept like purpose of one of your plugin, present the information in first view and provided easy and efficient way to find information that use case need.

Edited by kmk
screenshot added

I just checked my older reports/suggestions on fosters.tech

please, check these ones, too, if you are working on the project manager currently and enhancing the features

1. in "overdue items tab", successfully completed items with a former set "due date" are shown there, but they shouldn't,
    as they are NOT OVERDUE, they are already COMPLETED ? 

2. in the items "details" pane, also show the "project managers" for the project associated with the item, not only the assigned member
    There are always 2 responsibilities: (1) member assignment and (2) project managers (who have to control the assignments, and they are responsible if assignments do not move forward). If you have a lot of projects, you also require the project manager information (that could potentially switch any time) and it will be located best there.

3. please integrate "reasons for assignments" or "priority/status changes"
    others want to know why changes have been made

4. please let project managers and assigned members see more details in the moderation history
    # who is assigning to whom and why
    # who is changing the priority and why
    aso

5. better notification processes

If anybody allowed enters a new issue in a project in the project manager, then: 

• the project manager(s) should get a notification (optionally plus an email) about a new issue in his area of responsibility

• the project manager(s) should be set to auto-follow the new issue in his ressort, as he is/they are the main responsible person(s)

• this process should also be reliable with multiple project managers 

If a project manager assigns an issue to a responsible "task/issue manager" (to solve the issue as responsible member), then: 

• the issue manager (assignment) should get a notification (optionally plus an email) about his new issue in his new area of responsibility

• the issue manager (assignment) should be set to auto-follow the new issue 

Project and issue managers should be informed (like written above) about EVERY CHANGE made to an issue, f.e. changing the priority or the overdue date already triggers a notification (plus optional email), not only new posts. 

Project and issue managers should still be able to unfollow specified issues after they were set to automatically auto-follow. 
This makes sense to me. Please consider.

Just transferred these issues to this thread, so they won't get lost ? 

4 hours ago, kmk said:

Please I want to request Custom Field inside the "Details" widget, or Issue information panel. 

If appear issue, should be appear solution later, but sometime the solution appear many time discussion, or change of information, or a progress workflow, in this case the comment section is used to show the discussion, change of information, progress workflow or confirmation of a task, so some issue will be contain many comments, if let me add a custom field to the detail panel, I will put there a solution link, when after open the Issue View page(in this case the issue will be completed), I can click the lick and take me to the comment where contain the solution, I avoid have to scrolling and searching which comment contain the solution information.

Interesting idea, and I also came about these thoughts.

My preferred solution for the idea to "show a master/final conclusion" would be ->

I talked about "entering reasons" for status changes before. It might be a good idea, to

• display specified reasons for setting an issue/item status to "completed" in a special manner, f.e.
    # highlight "completed reasons" (show and highlight such reasons as a "special post" or show them like the IPS moderator messages on top)
    # have a "jump to completion reason" or "jump to conclusion" or "goto to solution" button anywhere, if an item/issue has been completed.
    # the solution should take care of the possibility, that items/issues will be completed, reopened, completed again… allow multiple completion highlighting or top messages
  • mark "solution posts" as "best posts"/"best answers" (like in the IPS question & answer forum module, where you can mark a best answer)

This solution would allow a lot flexibility.

@kmk -> you could insert such a "solution link" to a "completed message on top of the item/issue" AND/OR you could scroll down easily and directly see "best issue/item answers" or highlighted posts.

Edited by Cyboman
17 hours ago, Cyboman said:

in "overdue items tab", successfully completed items with a former set "due date" are shown there, but they shouldn't,
as they are NOT OVERDUE, they are already COMPLETED ? 

I can't reproduce this, this method returns only open types. Is the item state really marked as "implemented/declined" ?

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, Fosters said:

I can't reproduce this, this method returns only open types. Is the item state really marked as "implemented/declined" ?

yes. closed/implemented/completed show up in the OVERDUE items as well as in MY ITEMS.

Not sure, if this conflicts with the project category setting "Hide closed/finished items from the list" which is
# all off for every category in my installation (=they shall be shown wherever relevant)
# which is assumed to be only relevant for the "project containers list", not the "project overview lists" (but an enhanced description would help)
# in any way, overdue is overdue, and closed/finished items are never overdue (anymore) ?

Edited by Cyboman

One important issue ->

In the new project manager version, please let us (re)sort the issue priorities. Currently they are filtered by ID and creation date, but there are many cases we require to insert new priorities in between, after the lowest or the highest level priority, and we can't just edit all finished issues to follow the former logic ? 

It would be great, to sort priorities by drag and drop from lowest to highest or highest to lowest.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

One important issue ->

In the new project manager version, please let us (re)sort the issue priorities. Currently they are filtered by ID and creation date, but there are many cases we require to insert new priorities in between, after the lowest or the highest level priority, and we can't just edit all finished issues to follow the former logic ? 

It would be great, to sort priorities by drag and drop from lowest to highest or highest to lowest.

Thanks.

One more, let's admin choose which priority item use in each project, like as the status items. 

I just checked the project permission settings and have the following question

• Who is allowed to edit project details (status, priority, assignments, claims…)?
    # Are only the entered "project managers" allowed to change these fields?
    # What about the "issue/item author". Is he always allowed to change these fields?
    # What about assigned "issue/item manager" (the one an issue is assigned to)?
    # And the rest of the members, who are allowed to view and add issues/items? How can I exclude them from being able to change status details or claim issues/items, but regular members should still be able to ADD these items!

A classical project issue workflow (who is able to "edit" issue details) would look like this ->

1. Author enters an issue (can edit as long as no project manager changed details)
  2. Project manager(s) decide about what's next and who to assign to (project manager can always edit, and if they edited, they are the only ones who can change issue/item status details)
  3. Issue/item manager(s) proceed the issue completion (claims the issue/item - IF HE IS ALLOWED TO CLAIM - or is assigned to the job)
  4. Project manager(s) set the issue to complete/finished (they are the only ones, who should be able to do this)

These questions and usual workflow description lead to some missing essential functionality:

• There are no "role model permissions" implemented (issue authors, project managers, issue managers)
  • There is no "who can change issue status details" permission
  • There is no "who can set an issue to complete or declined" permission

But most important is, that regular members should be able to ADD issues/items (is implemented), BUT they shouldn't be able to set/change issue/item status details or claim an issue/item (as this permission is a prioritized project manager permission).

Edited by Cyboman

Please can add differents templates of use? e.g. IPS guide there have 2 templates tutorials, but still little hard for none coder to understand and set up all with some customization need, can you add these tamplates then inside of Projects Manager I can give to their modifications according each use need.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...