Project Manager / Bug&Suggestion Tracker - Supporttopic

You're right! 
The current system is quite limited.

I have changed this in 2.2. The next version will introduce "project managers" which will have the power to assign issues to members.

590e16920fc2d_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-06um20_30_23.thumb.png.ead82959a4ac20cde3ebb516897e1404.png

They'll also be the one which will get notifications once an issues due date was reached and if the bug wasn't fixed / feature wasn't implemented. They'll also have more tabs and features on the overview page 

590e17e9c2b63_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-06um20_36_43.thumb.png.768e04678d916d181d39a482e675bc26.png

The recent release was quite of "pushed" by some other members here, I don't disagree that it's kind of half baked and that some features are limited... But we thought that's it better to have a half backed solution which will be improved later, then nothing...

Trust me, there's a lot yet to be announced coming in 2.2 and it will feel more like a 3.0 then a 2.2. release ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I"m running the beta from ipb 4.2 and get this message, when I try to delete a member:

UPDATE `projectmanager_items` projectmanager_items  SET `0`='assigned_to=4',`1`=?  
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column '0' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 D:\ipboard\system\Db\Db.php(991): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\projectma...', Array)
#1 D:\ipboard\applications\projectmanager\extensions\core\MemberSync\ProjectItems.php(127): IPS\_Db->update('`projectmanager...', '`0`=?,`1`=?')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\projectmanager\extensions\core\MemberSync\_ProjectItems->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 D:\ipboard\system\Member\Member.php(3379): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 D:\ipboard\system\Member\Member.php(288): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#5 D:\ipboard\applications\core\modules\admin\members\members.php(1911): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#6 D:\ipboard\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(86): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#7 D:\ipboard\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(143): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 D:\ipboard\admin\index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Just now, DannyPhantom said:

Best Thanks to you, you"re really fast ;)

Not really:(
I was aware of this issue since april and it was fixed in april for the next release, but I wasn''t able to provide a new bugfix release, because of the way how I increased the version ids for the next release.... Anyway,... this was a bad experience and an expensive lesson and such an issue won't happen again in the future:D

• 1 month later...

We have released a very early version of 2.2.0 here:) This version is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH IPS 4.2

Let us know what you think about it:)

Changes: Almost ALL the things...
We'll release a full change history with the gold release. This one is really only a preview version to show what we were working on in the last months.

Edited by Fosters
On 7/23/2017 at 1:58 PM, SammyS said:

An interesting app, indeed. Possibly will buy it next month. As a suggestion, Ill like to see some screenshots being included in the marketplace description

That was my mistake.  I was updating the Cover Image and accidentally deleted the screenshots.

New screenshots have been generated to showcase Project Manager v2.2.0, which has been updated for 4.2.x compatibility and includes multiple new features such as project banners and deadlines.  For more information and to recommend new suggestions, please visit https://fosters.tech/

59769cab2ad9d_1AProjectIndex.thumb.png.64ad1cf851e69566cbf29ab1cff4af28.png

*** Please use v2.1.1 if you are still on 4.1.19 ***

2 minutes ago, DannyPhantom said:

@Fosters

Jira has much more things, but it looks overpacked. It was more a impression if you want to take a look there :D 

Yea, I'm aware of jira and youtrack and we've picked the best features from them, but we don't have the resources atlassian has:D
And TBH, the target audience for this app isn't really big enough to spend too much time with such features, but I love workflows and I the project manager will see such enhancement in 2.3

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

I finally got around to getting this set up. I like it very much; I am now able to bring all of my project management for my site onto the site itself. :D

Would you prefer to receive feedback here or on your site?

Priority support is given to the website Fosters.Tech, which is preferred because we can track issues on an individual basis.  

Support topics can get messy, but we try to respond to everyone :) 

• 2 weeks later...