Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

5a650a75dce0b_FostersTrophiesMedalsMarketplaceImage.jpg.81a2cf1c331ebf01b2c1c3aae9faa1d4.jpg

Trophies and Medals v1.3.2 is released Saturday Jan 20 2018 into the IPS Marketplace.  This is a maintenance release that adds 2 new features, 1 enhancement, and 6 bugs:

• [New Feature] Implement Memberhistory extension
  • [Enhancement] Move delete button to end
  • [Bug] No view permission check
  • [New Feature] Notifications
  • [Bug] Fix notification from user
  • [Bug] Deprecate submit navbar tab
  • [Bug] Cannot change icon from PNG to FA
  • [Bug] Merge topic
  • [Bug] High pagecount

Clients are strongly encouraged to update to the latest stable version, as it addresses all bugs reported to date.  Thank you to @evandixon @Archimed for reporting bugs to us.  

1 hour ago, The Old Man said:

Weird, I just can't download from the Marketplace again.

0F999761-63E7-4133-9015-CA3A5806E1E9.png

Sent you a PM with the file.  

43 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Hi,

Does v1.3.2 fix the issue with trophies awarded prematurely due saving them during the creation stage before criteria was completed? I've logged into AdminCP to see a task running called rebuild trophies.

Thanks.

I don't believe so.  Thank you for reminding me about this issue, will need to investigate.  

9 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Hi,

Does v1.3.2 fix the issue with trophies awarded prematurely due saving them during the creation stage before criteria was completed? I've logged into AdminCP to see a task running called rebuild trophies.

Thanks.

I just verified and this really shouldn't happen. Are you still seeing this? Could we probably investigate this on your website?

I don't know if it's linked to this plugin. I will try to see.

But, every day I need to rebuilt this : module=membersettings&controller=reputation&tab=leaderboard (https://invisioncommunity.com/leaderboard/)

https://www.internazionale.fr/forums/pastleaders/

For the moment, all is fine, I rebuilt few minutes ago :

5a67fd3595cf4_FireShotCapture31-Classement-Internaziona_-https___www.internazionale.fr_forums_pastleaders_.thumb.png.418c9bd9a79577fd75dd244e6a52e0b8.png

But after it does that :

index.thumb.png.2d1e2b6856f2ba99aad7325ee57a6449.png

5a67fdc925b57_index(2).thumb.png.12d03e13c24c756b481a2dbeadb95a19.png

5a67fdc71dfeb_index(1).thumb.png.7dfa15bcffd208471d51201deb05a3d9.png

AGAIN I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S BECAUSE OF THIS PLUGIN.

I just want to know if it's already happend for someone.

32 minutes ago, Archimed said:

I don't know if it's linked to this plugin. I will try to see.

But, every day I need to rebuilt this : module=membersettings&controller=reputation&tab=leaderboard (https://invisioncommunity.com/leaderboard/)

https://www.internazionale.fr/forums/pastleaders/

For the moment, all is fine, I rebuilt few minutes ago :

5a67fd3595cf4_FireShotCapture31-Classement-Internaziona_-https___www.internazionale.fr_forums_pastleaders_.thumb.png.418c9bd9a79577fd75dd244e6a52e0b8.png

But after it does that :

index.thumb.png.2d1e2b6856f2ba99aad7325ee57a6449.png

5a67fdc925b57_index(2).thumb.png.12d03e13c24c756b481a2dbeadb95a19.png

5a67fdc71dfeb_index(1).thumb.png.7dfa15bcffd208471d51201deb05a3d9.png

AGAIN I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S BECAUSE OF THIS PLUGIN.

I just want to know if it's already happend for someone.

This isn't actually the plugin causing the issue.  There's a patch that you'll need to apply via the "Support" option in your forums, and then "something isn't working".  Once you run that it'll give you a notification of the patch.  And that leaderboard bug is a part of that patch. :) 

Hope this helps!

15 hours ago, Stevie_Wallis said:

i'm about to buy this for some time now but i have trouble finding the right images.. any suggestions?

Hi @Stevie_Wallis

We encourage you to go through all of our screenshots in the Marketplace topic to see the application 'in action.'  You'll see that it's very simple to get started, but powerful if you want to get advanced.  The application includes both Trophies (which are auto-awarded based upon criteria) and Medals (which are manually awarded by Moderators for unique situations), and you can create as many trophies and / or medals as you want.  

For images, we encourage you to be creative and to find unique and fun images that are directly related to your community.  While you can always use standard trophies or badges, but the feedback we get from the biggest users of our app is that they've thoughtfully brainstormed on amazing ideas -- and it shows in the care of their description, icons, and naming.  Their communities love it.  

if you need to be inspired, here are some links we found that we hope will get you going:

So with that said: Have fun and be wild!  

FostersJ

Newbies-badge-300x248.jpg.df9e6e3b9bb18e231cd764348c88606e.jpg

We're pleased to bestow the amazing Newbie award upon every new purchaser of the app! :) 

Edited by Fosters
On 2/1/2018 at 2:27 AM, Fosters said:

We were able to work on the app from the past week.  Here's a small update on the application:

Trophies & Medals

• [Bug] Trophies awarded to user who do not meet criteria - reported by @evandixon
  • [Bug] Nexus criteria
  • [Bug] Langstring: filestorage__trophies_MedalIcon

We don't have a release date at this time, but please follow the file to be updated. 

Hi @Fosters I'm considering buying this plugin. Would you recommend to wait for the update you just announced before buying or is stable enough?

• 2 weeks later...

It might have been discussed before, but will it be possible to integrate the awarding with the group promotion feature by IPS? I.e., instead of changing groups to award trophy instead? Or, if it is easier, the promotion conditions could be duplicated, I am mainly interested in the "Members last visited" criteria. 

Related to this, what happens if a user is awarded a trophy, but at some point he stops satisfying the conditions. Is the trophy removed in this case or it is permanent?

Edited by jair101

1. I've turned off BETA TESTER, but it's still showing up (badge on the right).

Why? And how do I turn it off even though it's off?

2. How do I remove a users badge in their individual profile if they accidentally got the wrong one?

5a8b7b7ec4802_ScreenShot2018-02-19at5_34_48PM.thumb.png.2c1ab992bf77f25d4fcd0b0d85760432.png

5a8b7bb500002_ScreenShot2018-02-19at3_41_50PM.thumb.png.1373155bdf8bc99ea0ceabed6811a06a.png

3. The site, upon registration, is giving users error messages "a configuration error occurred".

After talking with IPS support, here's what they said:

Hello,  You have a lot of third-party applications and plugins, in which case, can often cause these types of issues, in this case, it looks to be the points/trophies app causing some errors, you can review all the errors in your admincp > system > support > error log.

Here is one of them, 

BalanceUpdate returned a NULL offset - tasks should throw \IPS\Task\Queue\OutOfRangeException when they are finished

Which looks to be the points/trophies app, you can reach out to the author for support on that if needed.

There is also an issue with sending notifications on some apps, in this case again the trophies app.

#0 /home/tokeativity/public_html/connect/system/Email/Email.php(327): IPS\_Email::devProcessTemplate('email__trophies...', 'You earned a ba...', Array)

Also some errors on a social plugin perhaps of IPS\Dispatcher\memberssocialinfo_hook_css

Edited by Blisslandia
added # 3
On 18.2.2018 at 8:29 PM, jair101 said:

It might have been discussed before, but will it be possible to integrate the awarding with the group promotion feature by IPS? I.e., instead of changing groups to award trophy instead? Or, if it is easier, the promotion conditions could be duplicated, I am mainly interested in the "Members last visited" criteria. 

Related to this, what happens if a user is awarded a trophy, but at some point he stops satisfying the conditions. Is the trophy removed in this case or it is permanent?

No, the trophy won't be removed.

9 hours ago, Blisslandia said:

#0 /home/tokeativity/public_html/connect/system/Email/Email.php(327): IPS\_Email::devProcessTemplate('email__trophies...', 'You earned a ba...', Array)

What's the exact error here? Could you send me a PM with the full stack please

9 hours ago, Blisslandia said:

1. I've turned off BETA TESTER, but it's still showing up (badge on the right).

This shouldn't happen. Are you using the recent version?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rayzir said:

Hi.  I just purchased this.  I created a medal and awarded it as a test.  The medal shows up on the User's Profile Page, but not in the postbit.  Did I miss a step?

image.png.886480600f94f982375a255d22add048.png

image.thumb.png.31784a2cd6def13dead89c44bfaf561d.png

image.png.9361831a142a2960d14da94a89793946.png

Is this the default theme? If not, does it work in the default theme?

On 21.2.2018 at 1:26 AM, Blisslandia said:

That is the error, but will send the full log

I am using the most recent version for sure.

Is there nothing else logged after this part:

?

I have a curious bug I found... I have a fresh install of 1.3.2 as of today. Under the "Award this trophy if" tab, I am unable to save the variable under "User gave at least X reactions" all others will save. When I hit "Save and Reload" it states "save" at the top, but once reloaded, it is set to '0'. 

Like I said, all others save correctly. Thanks for your input. 

Edited by emttim
On 3/5/2018 at 8:32 PM, emttim said:

I have a curious bug I found... I have a fresh install of 1.3.2 as of today. Under the "Award this trophy if" tab, I am unable to save the variable under "User gave at least X reactions" all others will save. When I hit "Save and Reload" it states "save" at the top, but once reloaded, it is set to '0'. 

Like I said, all others save correctly. Thanks for your input. 

Can you let us know what version of php you have?

What version of IPS are you using?  

Did you run the support tool to clear cache?  

If none of those above options work, please send us a PM with SUBJ: "SUPPORT: Trophies & Medals" and reference this post.  

Thanks,

FostersJ

• 2 weeks later...