Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

Hi TAMAN,

If I'm reading some of the previous posts on here correctly, does the slider not work with the last update (4.2.3)? I'm getting full page errors whenever I try to use it now.

Also, my user bar shifted a bit when I used a custom width instead of going full-page. I know this would have to be corrected in the CSS, but could you explain the fix for it?

Screenshot_6.thumb.jpg.a17600b81c8279faa33d689a30a024d8.jpg

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Jason C said:

Hi TAMAN,

If I'm reading some of the previous posts on here correctly, does the slider not work with the last update (4.2.3)? I'm getting full page errors whenever I try to use it now.

Also, my user bar shifted a bit when I used a custom width instead of going full-page. I know this would have to be corrected in the CSS, but could you explain the fix for it?

Screenshot_6.thumb.jpg.a17600b81c8279faa33d689a30a024d8.jpg

Thanks.

Hello,

the bug with ips 4.2.3 has been fixed, the patch is coming very soon i hope

as for the userbar issue in the image above can you clearfy what settings are you using in the theme?

full width for header? and fuide width or fixed width for body?

it does not happen on my side :/ have you added any custome css or anything?

4 minutes ago, PTruong said:

I'm also getting slider error where it only show 1 slide even when I have 5 slide tags added in the sorting option.

Its a bug in ips 4.2.3 and it will be fixed very soon ;) 

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

the bug with ips 4.2.3 has been fixed, the patch is coming very soon i hope

as for the userbar issue in the image above can you clearfy what settings are you using in the theme?

full width for header? and fuide width or fixed width for body?

it does not happen on my side :/ have you added any custome css or anything?

These are my settings for what you mentioned.

Screenshot_7.thumb.jpg.2034d832448b170b0139b9b8a45a75c9.jpgScreenshot_8.thumb.jpg.2c10295456d8487919ece0408461c15c.jpg

Also, no, I haven't made any changes to the CSS.

6 hours ago, Jason C said:

These are my settings for what you mentioned.

Also, no, I haven't made any changes to the CSS.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, Please re download the theme and update :) it was just a little css issue with user bar style in header tab

no version number added 

18 minutes ago, JoshB84 said:

When I removed the slider bar. It removes everything above the ticker.

slidererasesall.png

Please be specific, How did you remove the slider? 

there is a setting you can disable the slider, you do not need to edit any html templates if you have done that

I only switched the slider to off in the slider settings. Only the first slider was on by default. So I only switched it to off. Then I saw that everything above the header was gone. I checked my site in both Chrome and Internet Explorer and it showed the same on both. I also just downloaded and installed the theme maybe 20 mins before I made my post here about my issue.

slider settings.png

The only way I can see my header and navigation again is if I click my way to my profile page. I can see my header and navigation there but nowhere else. Everywhere else everything above the ticker just disappears. 

Edited by JoshB84
5 minutes ago, JoshB84 said:

I only switched the slider to off in the slider settings. Only the first slider was on by default. So I only switched it to off. Then I saw that everything above the header was gone. I checked my site in both Chrome and Internet Explorer and it showed the same on both. I also just downloaded and installed the theme maybe 20 mins before I made my post here about my issue.

slider settings.png

The only way I can see my header and navigation again is if I click my way to my profile page. I can see my header and navigation there but nowhere else. Everywhere else everything above the ticker just disappears. 

Weird, Can you please send me a message with your website link so i can check? 

@TAMAN is it hard to change the slider sorting to work with 4.2.3?  Would it be possible to provide the code?  I fully understand that this isn't a result of your template but IPS.  I need more than 1 slide working on my site and need to upgrade to 4.2.3 because of the security issue.  Not sure when IPS is going to release a new version and this weekend into Monday is a holiday.  Maybe IPS has a code fix, but I haven't seen many of them since v4 came out (unlike 3.4.x).  Anyway, if there is anyway I can get the slider working (without the sorting) let me know.

25 minutes ago, Bluto said:

@TAMAN is it hard to change the slider sorting to work with 4.2.3?  Would it be possible to provide the code?  I fully understand that this isn't a result of your template but IPS.  I need more than 1 slide working on my site and need to upgrade to 4.2.3 because of the security issue.  Not sure when IPS is going to release a new version and this weekend into Monday is a holiday.  Maybe IPS has a code fix, but I haven't seen many of them since v4 came out (unlike 3.4.x).  Anyway, if there is anyway I can get the slider working (without the sorting) let me know.

I cant provide the code here, please send me a message :) 

and I'm unsure when will ips releases the patch, but trust me I'm frustrated more than anyone else, none of my theme sliders works due this bug 

So the slider issue was fixed but now I ran into another error. I believe this is due to a compatability issue with the "different style articles" plugin as Im using a custom block template and it produce this error. I've tried to delete and upload the templates and plugin from the new version of the theme but it doesn't go away.

IPS_Error.jpg

19 minutes ago, PTruong said:

So the slider issue was fixed but now I ran into another error. I believe this is due to a compatability issue with the "different style articles" plugin as Im using a custom block template and it produce this error. I've tried to delete and upload the templates and plugin from the new version of the theme but it doesn't go away.

IPS_Error.jpg

Please delete dublicted templates here

ACP > Pages > Templates 

duplicated template names starts with date numbers

like for example

05.09.17 S1 One Column

This is a bug in Pages app dublicated templates causes the original template errors if its displayed on website 

15 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Please delete dublicted templates here

ACP > Pages > Templates 

duplicated template names starts with date numbers

like for example

05.09.17 S1 One Column

This is a bug in Pages app dublicated templates causes the original template errors if its displayed on website 

Thanks so much! Fixed now.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, darth12 said:

Hello, unread topics in my forum list are currently bolded, because of this I believe:

.ipsDataItem_unread .ipsDataItem_title {
    font-weight: bold;
}

Please tell me how to remove the bold.

Add this to custom.css

.ipsDataItem_unread .ipsDataItem_title {
     font-weight: normal;
}

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @TAMAN, great work on this theme! I'm running IPS 4.2.5 and the latest version of Behemoth, and I've seen a few very weird issues. The first is the editor theme seems to change, and I'm not sure why. When I upload the same theme to my development site, I see the editor as this:

image.thumb.png.79b70c5a2dde1d5285a01ffa168afcc3.png

On my production site with the same theme and the default editor settings, it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.4a5ed09db129f942b66ba59a16dee4b5.png

I know it's theme related, because the editor changes to normal when using other themes. I've sent you a PM with the XML file in case you want to see exactly what I see. Any ideas?

The next issue is with the User Bar. I've had several reports of this happening from users in Chrome, Fire Fox, and Safari. In some cases, the user bar moves all the way to the right and you have to scroll to the right to see it at all.

image.thumb.png.f68035bcaab3f54fcc6046263d585909.png

Let me know how I can help, and thanks!

12 hours ago, Circo said:

Hey @TAMAN, great work on this theme! I'm running IPS 4.2.5 and the latest version of Behemoth, and I've seen a few very weird issues. The first is the editor theme seems to change, and I'm not sure why. When I upload the same theme to my development site, I see the editor as this:

image.thumb.png.79b70c5a2dde1d5285a01ffa168afcc3.png

On my production site with the same theme and the default editor settings, it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.4a5ed09db129f942b66ba59a16dee4b5.png

I know it's theme related, because the editor changes to normal when using other themes. I've sent you a PM with the XML file in case you want to see exactly what I see. Any ideas?

Hi,

have you uploaded any new editor skins? if so then please disable the theme editor customizations 

51cf4ea5ee797b1231fb1dd8048dbad7.png

if not then make sure to use the default option in custom tab

2a7dcf15f55007ca4af88805d7e72cc9.png

12 hours ago, Circo said:

The next issue is with the User Bar. I've had several reports of this happening from users in Chrome, Fire Fox, and Safari. In some cases, the user bar moves all the way to the right and you have to scroll to the right to see it at all.

mmm it doesnt happen on my side can you provide a link so i can check?