Jump to content

Community

TAMAN

Behemoth Theme [ support topic ]

Recommended Posts

Hey, liking what I see here. I have a pre-purchase question.

Is it possible to have featured files (downloads) in slider and not just articles? And if so is it easy or does it involve editing templates, css and so on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nesdam1981 said:

Hey, liking what I see here. I have a pre-purchase question.

Is it possible to have featured files (downloads) in slider and not just articles? And if so is it easy or does it involve editing templates, css and so on?

Hello,

By default, Only pages database records can be added in the slider, the theme is included with a customized block template that shows articles in the slider, thats all, Not any other customized templates like for example feed from downloads

If you know how to use pages app and a little HTML and CSS knowledge, then yea Its pretty easy to customize a block template for the slider to show downloads, However, i do not help on that you are all on your own if you want to add

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for quick reply. Going to skip this though, I don't use articles and my homepage is focused purely on downloads. I only know minimal edits, mostly small html codes that some themes require in for example footer and such.

Good luck in the future. You themes look really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TAMAN said:

mmm it doesnt happen here, during upgrade did it ask that you have edited any templates?

have you edited any templates? 

It did not ask that and I have not edited any templates. I literally only uploaded a new version of the theme (from 2.0.1 to 4.1.1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait, i think 2.0.1 is way too old and it was on ips 4.1 version, as i said the theme must be installed fresh if you are using old version from ips 4.1

 if you dont have too many customiztions then just do a fresh install 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

wait, i think 2.0.1 is way too old and it was on ips 4.1 version, as i said the theme must be installed fresh if you are using old version from ips 4.1

 if you dont have too many customiztions then just do a fresh install 

OK let me try it, thanks TAMAN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to change the ckeditor icon button color.  I found most of the settings in the Topic View Tab for Editor.  I switched my editor to a lighter color and right now the fonts are light too.

What CSS control the font color?  Or what would be the CSS I would use to change the below to color: #000.

59a19d170f3c3_Screenshotfrom2017-08-2612-08-30.png.00071b6ca55c4c17e5d5a1d9466d2b73.png

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bluto said:

I need to change the ckeditor icon button color.  I found most of the settings in the Topic View Tab for Editor.  I switched my editor to a lighter color and right now the fonts are light too.

What CSS control the font color?  Or what would be the CSS I would use to change the below to color: #000.

59a19d170f3c3_Screenshotfrom2017-08-2612-08-30.png.00071b6ca55c4c17e5d5a1d9466d2b73.png

Thanks!

ckeditor uses images instead of fonts and the only way to change that to a dark version is to replace the image with css

I will give you a dark version later when i get to my pc :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

ckeditor uses images instead of fonts and the only way to change that to a dark version is to replace the image with css

I will give you a dark version later when i get to my pc :) 

Ahh... I was wondering why I couldn't find the CSS.  

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the dark version of the image

icons.thumb.png.5f570e6d8fe20ed4a7f5cf212f67e960.png

download it and then add with css like this

.ipsApp.ipsApp_front .cke_toolgroup span.cke_button_icon[style*="icons.png"]{
	background: url('LINK HERE') !important;
}

If it doesn't work 

the you might want to remove this line in ta_Base template it is next to custom.css

search for this and remove

.ipsApp.ipsApp_front .cke_toolgroup span.cke_button_icon[style*="icons.png"]{
	background-image: url('{resource="custom/editor_icon.png" app="core" location="front"}') !important;
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bluto said:

Just an FYI.

1.  Textures tab is spelled wrong (Texturs)

2.  Under Swiper Slider Tab:  "Show pagenition" is spelled wrong.

oh thank you so much 

I will fix it on next update :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question:  if I replace the icon image in the resources, will that be overwritten when I upgrade the theme?

 

 

Edited by Bluto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Question:  if I replace the icon image in the resources, will that be overwritten when I upgrade the theme?

No, theme resources doesn't upgrade

you could simply upload your own image there and then use it without deleting or overriding the original one in case you needed ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

No, theme resources doesn't upgrade

you could simply upload your own image there and then use it without deleting or overriding the original one in case you needed ;) 

Excellent.  I just replaced the image in resources for my light theme version.  Works perfect.  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On both the right and the left side of the slider there seems to be a 1 pixel vertical line.  Normally with a slider background it wouldn't be noticed, but with an entire white / light site it's easily seen.  I have png centered images and use the site's background color as the slider background.  So, it's easy to see the lines.

I include 2 screen shots from both sides with no background in the slider.  In the image below it looks grey, but it's actually solid black.  Screen shots are taken from your default template (no mods) and removal of the slider backgrounds.

The lines are coming from ta_swiperslider.css border.

.swiper-container {
	position: relative;
	width: 100%;
	height: {theme="slider_customheight"}px;
	min-height: 351px;
	background-color: {theme="page_background"};
	border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8);
	border-width: 0 1px 0 1px;

The last two lines (border and border-width) are causing the lines.

Just wanted to let you know.  I removed the lines in my custom.css.

.swiper-container {
	border: none !important;
}

 

59a4b7f6a97ef_Screenshotfrom2017-08-2820-38-21.thumb.png.4acb7620288e24ca89bb76fa6a934238.png  59a4b803e0515_Screenshotfrom2017-08-2820-38-01.thumb.png.f2673a477f106e05c0fcbf79a7ad746e.png

Edited by Bluto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a suggestion - I added it in the custom.css:

For the news ticker you have both the font and the link the same color.  I might be good to have the link color as an option.  Since it's a news ticker, an owner might want the option to draw attention to a link... like "Click here for more information" or if it's an ad, "click here for special deal".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Just a suggestion - I added it in the custom.css:

For the news ticker you have both the font and the link the same color.  I might be good to have the link color as an option.  Since it's a news ticker, an owner might want the option to draw attention to a link... like "Click here for more information" or if it's an ad, "click here for special deal".

Yep the font and link are same color i might add a color setting in next update

Its easy to color the links with custom.css tho

.ta_newsTicker .newsTicker .tickercontainer .mask > ul > li a{
	color: #467bce !important
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a problem, so after moving the subdomain forum to the main domain, there is a problem with the template. Exactly about sliders. I want to set up 3 sliders, and after the save is only active 1. I uploaded the new version, but also did not change. What should I do now to display all 3, not just 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pawel Filonczuk said:

Hello, I have a problem, so after moving the subdomain forum to the main domain, there is a problem with the template. Exactly about sliders. I want to set up 3 sliders, and after the save is only active 1. I uploaded the new version, but also did not change. What should I do now to display all 3, not just 1?

Hi,

This is a confirmed a bug in latest IPS 4.2.3 version and IPS will fix it soon i hope 

If this is an urgent issue, please send me a message

Edited by TAMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archerus said:

Hi,

 

After change logos my slider does not work anymore... (http://www.clan-rmg.com/)

If I do it on a fresh install same problem...

 

Thanks for you help

This is a bug in autocomplete fields with latest IPS 4.2.3 version, I have already reported the issue this is confirmed a bug 

they will fix soon i hope

 

Please dont update your website without checking that your custom themes works

If this is an urgent issue send me a message i can temporary disable the slider sorting setting which will fix the issue :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...