Validating and deleting members : becoming very difficult...

SecondSight

Hello ! :)

Today, I wanted to delete  very old members belonging to a specific group and who had no content at all.

So I made a search and it returned 6 pages :

remove_members1.png

Then, I saw that there was no checkbox to deleted all members in one click...

So I told myself I had to delete each member at a time... I tried deleting one member and I got this :

remove-members2.png

What I think about this option :

Anyway, I went ahead and, after deleting the member, I saw that I was back to... the members' page. Moreover, I had to do the whole process again...

remove-member3.png

So is there another and fast way to remove these members ?

Same question for validating members :

Managing members on IP Board is becoming really difficult... unless I'm not doing it the right way ?

Thank you. :)

Suppose you have 1 page of 24 members to validate and you wish to validate only 22 of them - how do you do that on one page like 3.4 allows?

In 3.4, the validating page has a checkbox next to each member.  So I can check the ones that I wish to mass validate while not allowing others.  Is this possible in 4.1 ? ? ?

Edited by jackflash

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:
  • Open the Member list.
  • Perform a search
  • Then you will see a "Prune members found" link - you will not see it unless you have performed a search

Ok. I couldn't search for just "Banned", do you have a suggestion on what to search for?

Thanks!

I serached for the letter "a" and found 2 pages of accounts, all banned. I counted them to 37.

I want to delete them, and pressed the Prune Members Found, and got this:

"This action will remove 2 members from the community completely. Are you sure you wish to proceed? This action cannot be undone! It is recommended that you perform a backup of your database before running this tool, as a precautionary measure."

How can 37 found members be 2?

<rant>

Really, why is this so hard? What happened to the checkboxes we where used to in v3? And all other normal databases. It's a shame really.

And why do I have to count the total myself? Shouldn't it just say somewhere "37 records found" or something!?

</rant>

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...