Letters avatars for members without profile photo

Janyour

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

IE 11 has been surpassed by Edge :) I actually like Edge, it gets regular updates and pretty fast :) 

click on the tag, there are a lot of things with "planned' that have remained in limbo for awhile, just saying :p 

Sorry but isn't Edge for windows 10 (otherwise would have thought MS would have updated browser to Edge) .... am on windows 8.1 and when I did upgrade to 10 I hated it so went back to 8.1

9 hours ago, David T. Cole said:

Amazing!

:) there was a bug where if you had uploaded a font thru the uploader, the avatars weren't being created, 2.1.4 fixes this issue :)

5 hours ago, steve00 said:

Sorry but isn't Edge for windows 10 (otherwise would have thought MS would have updated browser to Edge) .... am on windows 8.1 and when I did upgrade to 10 I hated it so went back to 8.1

i honestly don't know i thought it was backported to 8 and 7 tbh ( i don't use either so i don't know ). i'm a linux guy, so i really don't know :) i just know edge is the latest and when i'm in win10 i'm happier to use it than edge, but i still default to chrome if given a choice :).

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

i honestly don't know i thought it was backported to 8 and 7 tbh ( i don't use either so i don't know ). i'm a linux guy, so i really don't know :) i just know edge is the latest and when i'm in win10 i'm happier to use it than edge, but i still default to chrome if given a choice :).

Edge is Windows 10 only sadly.

8 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

:) there was a bug where if you had uploaded a font thru the uploader, the avatars weren't being created, 2.1.4 fixes this issue :)

I fresh-installed 2.1.4 and I am seeing this too. I can see the right font in the admin preview but all N2A icons for users are just the blank colors.

ETA: I just reinstalled 2.1.4 and all is well.

1 hour ago, David T. Cole said:

I fresh-installed 2.1.4 and I am seeing this too. I can see the right font in the admin preview but all N2A icons for users are just the blank colors.

ETA: I just reinstalled 2.1.4 and all is well.

yeah i should've waited till the AM to add that in, only lightly tested it before i released it, but as long all is well i'm happy :)

21 minutes ago, Janyour said:

Hello, what about an avatar generator for downloads files ?

Clipboard01.jpg

We can imagine a fixed color per category with first letters or the whole file title !

what yours doesn't do that? :p 

2016-12-15_0407.png

i sometimes surprise myself with how well i've made something that i can easily add this in :)

2016-12-15_0409.png

3 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

go to n2a settings, when it errors, then go check the logs to see if there is anything from that time. i really don't know what could be causing it.

Perhaps not having the image generating software* set up (or the correct version)?

* I forget if you're using ImageMagick or whatever…

1 hour ago, media said:

It is IPB requirement (I think) otherwise he cannot run this software....

yeah, but i don't think it is required if you have imagemagick. i'll see about adding in the imagemagick code, but imagemagick requires a LOT more tweaking to center the text than gd does...

17 hours ago, Janyour said:

Awesome ! its christmas before christmas :D

I believe it should be different from users avatars, downloads and members will be the same :)

perhaps change the form of the avatar ! any UX designer here :D

not sure how far i will want to take it, this is more less a quick "hook" into the "primary_screenshot_thumb" and return a n2a avatar instead of placeholder image. i'll create an extended class of Colors.php for downloads and use that instead, so that way hooking into one doesn't effect the other.

1 minute ago, Navigare said:

php-gd is running but the IPS setting only allows for one or the another to be active. ACP->Files->Image Settings.
I switched to GD and saved to check if it made a difference, but still I can't get the n2a settings page.

I really appreciate your help @CodingJungle and if you need ACP access let me know.

that switch is only for their software. I use GD methods directly as IPS image class wasn't sufficient enough to do what i wanted to do :) without an error message or code, i really don't know what it could be tbh. a 500 could be anything.  If there isn't a caught exception in your error logs in support, how about your apache/php error logs on your server?

Archived