Kitchen Sink

This was all actually fixed before but there are still some minor irregularities in how the CSS files are imported. What works while in-dev might not parse correctly when the plugin is imported elsewhere. This mainly occurs when you have if-then logic in the css file. 

I moved a few things, made a few of those if-then checks a little bit syntactically tighter and that seemed to solve the problem/s.

This will be specific to your theme or any alterations that you made.

Since I allow you to move those bits around I have to allow for a "Default" setting and the IPS default is both of those bits, thats why they have re-appeared. If this isn't a theme-based change then just making sure KS is at the top of the plugin list should fix things.

Either way, just add this to your custom.css

.ipsBreadcrumb [data-action="markSiteRead"] {
	display:none;
}

That should remove that bit. If it doesn't just PM your site adress so I can look at the page directly and then I can give you the correct css.

In a future KS update I will separate both of these elements out instead of treating them as a single entity. That way you mess with "mark site read" and "unread content" individually.

Edited by Flitterkill
Just now, Flitterkill said:

This will be specific to your theme or any alterations that you made.

Since I allow you to move those bits around I have to allow for a "Default" setting and the IPS defualt is both of those bits.

Add this to your custom.css

.ipsBreadcrumb [data-action="markSiteRead"] {
	display:none;
}

That should remove that bit. If it doesn't just PM your site adress so I can look at the page directly and then I can give you the correct css.

In a future KS update I will separate both of these elements out instead of treating them as a single entity. That way you mess with "mark site read" and "unread content" individually.

yes still looks weird, but when i added this css the mark site read is gone.. i removed the css so you can see how it looks http://pscentral.net/forum/4-site-news-updates/

Are you talking about the grey separator line to the left?

Do you want both all activity and unread content to appear?

EDIT: Actually, now I think I see it. Hang on.

Remove the ul.ipsfocus_social css I gave you above.

Then add this:

html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline > li:last-child, html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline.ipsList_noSpacing > li {
    margin-right: 15;
}

Edited by Flitterkill
1 hour ago, Flitterkill said:

Are you talking about the grey separator line to the left?

Do you want both all activity and unread content to appear?

EDIT: Actually, now I think I see it. Hang on.

Remove the ul.ipsfocus_social css I gave you above.

Then add this:

html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline > li:last-child, html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline.ipsList_noSpacing > li {
    margin-right: 15;
}

Looks the same to me, this is IPSFocus themes - if you have one of theirs you could try. For now, I'll have to disable the plugin sadly.

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort
ul.ipsfocus_social {
    padding-left: 0px !important;
}

margin-right: 0 !important;
}

In your custom add that, removing any others in there.

Did you want all activity or unread content, or both to appear there?

Capssssture.JPG

That's the end result - ignore the changed color of the breadcrumb bar, just did that to see what was going on better.

Edited by Flitterkill
15 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

ul.ipsfocus_social {
    padding-left: 0px !important;
}

margin-right: 0 !important;
}

In your custom add that, removing any others in there.

Did you want all activity or unread content, or both to appear there?

Capssssture.JPG

That's the end result - ignore the changed color of the breadcrumb bar, just did that to see what was going on better.

Q9t4Una.png

Still. "Site News & Updates" + that bar in general is out of position.

Make sure KS is enabled and let me know. Then I can make the correct the correct css for you when I look at your site.

I do have at least one of Ehren's themes. The conflict is that that nav bar isn't stock anymore. There is a new div wrapper, then the social icons are floated to the right in that div, and then the IPS breadcrumb nav is inserted in the div. Solveable problem, just need a few minutes now that I see you need the entire thing handled and not just the stuff on the right.

Edited by Flitterkill

fixes.PNG

html[dir="ltr"] .ipsList_inline.ipsPos_right > li:last-child {
    margin-right: 15px;
}

[itemtype="http://schema.org/BreadcrumbList"] li:last-child{
	padding-left:10px;
}

ul.ipsfocus_breadcrumb li:last-child {
padding-left:10px;
}

Assuming his breadcrumbs are the same across most of his themes (and I think they are) the above three bits should do it for top and bottom. Remove any other things like them in your custom.css. Tested with the breadcrumb options in KS, all good except the remove trailing separator doesnt do anything as Ehren has removed all the separators in his theme/s, replacing them with the angled border stuff.

I can actually add this code into KS as an option for those with ipsfocus themes.

I've taken another pass at some of the IPS Focus theme stuff. Ehren has changed enough of the userBar to make the KS option to display just the member name or just display the avatar pretty much broken. I passed on some alterations to him a few months back that would make it compatible (and keep the IPS Focus look) but those haven't been adopted. And... I'm not gonna work around this stuff. So, just leave that KS setting on default if you use IPS Focus stuff. Remember, I can only target the default theme.

I will, since it was fairly easy to do, option into KS an IPS Focus exception for this breadcrumb junk though.

Edited by Flitterkill
2 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

I've taken another pass at some of the IPS Focus theme stuff. Ehren has changed enough of the userBar to make the KS option to display just the member name or just display the avatar pretty much broken. I passed on some alterations to him a few months back that would make it compatible (and keep the IPS Focus look) but those haven't been adopted. And... I'm not gonna work around this stuff. So, just leave that KS setting on default if you use IPS Focus stuff. Remember, I can only target the default theme.

I will, since it was fairly easy to do, option into KS an IPS Focus exception for this breadcrumb junk though.

any option to disable whatever KS is doing? i left them all disabled, but it still did this .