Kitchen Sink

Add to your custom.css

a#elCreateNew i.fa {
    font-size: 40px;
}

Capfghfgture.JPG

Change size as needed. That targets only the create menu font awesome icon. I'm pretty sure IPS doesn't support the fa-5x class calls so that's why it didn't work.

Since I'm here just FYI all I'm wrapping up KS 10 right now (three new things, maybe more) - give it a day or two or more though. Depends on how much I want to push in and how far I take it.

Also please do let me know if those installation problems are now being resolved with 4.1.14 officially out. 

Edited by Flitterkill

After jumping in to DangerDick's site a moment ago I realised I didn't alter the plugin description to alert people to this.

So, FYI for everyone, be sure after installation, on the list of plugins in the acp, grab KS and drag it all the way to the top.

The order of plugins does matter - it is the order in which they are built out, and KS does a lot of things. If you have KS on the bottom it may or may not break something enough to bork the site, not through any fault of it's own, but becasue a plugin above it is expecting x, y, or z and now it is not there, so the theme/site throws an error. The other reason is that KS may just over-write any changes a plugin above it has made, making it appear that that plugin doesn't work at all. 

Worked with @ehren. tonight to track down some ipsfocus themes vs. KS problems.

Short version: KS works fine with ipsfocus themes. There are occasionally some theme blips that pop up - if you run with ipsfocus stuff and have a problem just yell, the fix is almost certainly a tiny bit of css code in your custom.css to fix the problem (duplicate avatar in userbar is the one I encountered). Granted, as with any theme, once core elements have been moved or duplicated, plugins may no longer be able to hook in correctly to do what they need to do so you will need to expect some loss of functionality the more the theme has been altered away from the IPS default.

However, as is the case with all IPS 4x stuff, you MUST keep your themes up to date. If you somehow are running 7 or 8 or more point versions behind since you updated your theme and your theme provider has provided updated themes - what's your excuse? 

The problem site this evening was running a number of ipsfocus themes, two of which crashed when KS was active in the plugin list. With KS disabled those two themes resumed working. How and why? No idea. Hell, I have no idea how they functioned at all those themes hadn't been updated in months which is an eternity in IPS time. More power to you if those out-of-date themes still function on the latest versions of IPS but once you start adding on plugins on top of those ancient themes who knows when something is going to tip the theme system over the edge and crash out.

KS 10 soonish. 

KS 10 released:

• NEW! Option for a more compact star rating display and yes, you can still change the rating on the fly (if allowed) and the text will update.
  • NEW! Move the follow button to where the other buttons are in topic and forum views. Support for other IPS apps too!
  • NEW! Format the follow button to match the size and style of the standard IPS buttons! 
  • NEW! Customize the error page with your choice of Font Awesome icon or swap it out for an image (animated if you like.) Many formatting options for the text displayed too.
  • NEW! On topic view, add a time since last reply blurb that uses conversational language. Support for a number of non-English langauges available (ask in support topic).

Star rating and follow can be found under the Global tab. Error page gets its very own tab. Last reply blurb is under the Forums and Topics tab.

To the guy looking for topics with hidden responses, sorry, it didn't make the cut for this release. Also, for KS I'll just allow you to flag a forum where *ALL* the topics will have hidden responses. To have this feature available on a topic-to-topic basis I have to hit the database and I don't think I want to do that with this mod which at the moment has zero database involvement so I'll try to release a separate mod with that feature later on.

Note on the follow button moving. For downloads and gallery, category views (or whatever they are called per app), the row of buttons where you would like to move the follow button to does not get built out unless the user has the ability to add a file or image. The rub is that the entire IPS template is constructed so that I can't get a hook into it to move the follow button. So for those apps you'll have to live with it until IPS fixes the templates (already asked) or I get really really bored for something to do and write a ridiculous chunk of jQuery to maybe possibly do it that way. FYI I think I have another leaner new follow button style inbound as well but the one provided should be fine for now.

Oh, and if you elect to move the follow button but not change the style be aware that since the defualt follow button is not as tall as the regular IPS buttons it's gonna look a little strange alongside those other buttons. You may want to throw some css in your custom file to fix that however you feel like fixing it...

And lastly, KS is getting so big I wonder if I'm under-pricing it. Max I'd bump it to is $15 and the renews are never going up (period). If I do bump it I'll give myself some wiggle room for future holiday sales and what not. Fair warning to those window shopping (not that a whole $5 is gonna make that much difference...). I might, I might not, eh...

This is it short term for KS as far as new features go (pending that hidden response thing above probably) as I have to start finishing up the other five-or-so mods that are sitting here at 85% done.

Here - have some screenshots of the new stuff:

ksStars.png

ksFollowLastReply.png

kserrorpage.jpg

PS: Yes, the conversational style time formatting could be applied elsewhere in the suite and it is on the KS to-do list but the underlying jQuery has to get a pull request approved first to allow for turning on/off the initial prefix/suffix words otherwise it would say "last reply" everywhere which really looks silly when you see that spammed down the length of a column. 

PPS: I think I have a cleaner, more ambient, follow button format inbound as well if you don't like the new full box style. Here:

better.jpg

I like that better. I'll either swap it out for what is there now or make this another option.

Edited by Flitterkill

my issue is that with the plugin system you could inject code into the system i dont mind doing the leg work if needed
https://gyazo.com/02ed8d03b410aa41e275e4fd25a6018f

UnexpectedValueException:  (0)
#0 ..path/system/Theme/Theme.php(734) : eval()'d code(1363): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_index->index()
#2 ..path/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 ..path/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(70): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('index', Array)
#4 ..path/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(70): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->index()
#5 ..path/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->manage()
#6 ..path/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/index.php(37): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 ..path/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_index->execute()
#8 ..path/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Backtrace
#0 ..path/init.php(506): IPS\_Log::log('UnexpectedValue...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(UnexpectedValueException))
#2 {main}

You are way way too nervous. The things I've seen and had access to already...

No matter, the only times I've seen that error thrown when KS was enabled but the themes worked fine when it was disabled are when:

1) The theme is a poorly pirated dupe.

2) The theme is way way out of date.

3) If default theme, it's been changed either too much or sometimes very little but in a bad place.

It's crashing trying to load up the global template.

Without having any of this themes myself but looking over the demo's I'd say better than 70% would work.

The follow button he's blown apart for all of his themes so that's probably not gonna work (he's doing a circle thing next to the topic title)

He's also split apart the breadcrumb elements. I think the KS breadcrumb stuff itself would work but moving the mark site read and activity links on the right side might not as they are somewhere else now.

And, I think a good chunk of the userbar stuff in KS should work even though that's been changed a bit.

If his theme has toggles to restore to defualt this stuff then it should nearly all work.

If you have one installed now give me ACP access pls and I can test.

36 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

You are way way too nervous. The things I've seen and had access to already...

No matter, the only times I've seen that error thrown when KS was enabled but the themes worked fine when it was disabled are when:

3) If default theme, it's been changed either too much or sometimes very little but in a bad place.

It's crashing trying to load up the global template.

i dont use pirate anything so im quite offended by your claim infact im gonna ask for a refund on this item as it has never worked

48 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

Where does it say you?

You pasted in an error. I listed the three conditions where I have seen it thrown.

That's it.

On 18/8/2016 at 2:08 AM, ArMaTeC said:

ill wait i dont like giving access to my database sorry

The request that flitterkill made is perfectly logical, you should give him access. Im almost 1 year old here and gave access to flitterkill, IPB team and 4 or 5 other developers. Without giving access to them they wouldnt be able to fix problems

In fact I gave flitt access some days ago and he fixed 2 problem very fast, he didnt "kidnap" my forum, lol

Edited by SammyS
7 minutes ago, SammyS said:

The request that flitterkill made is perfectly logical, you should give him access. Im almost 1 year old here and gave access to flitterkill, IPB team and 4 or 5 other developers. Without giving access to them they wouldnt be able to fix problems

In fact I gave flitt access some days ago Iand he fixed 2 problem, he didnt "kidnap" my forum, lol

That is how servers get taken over learn some security rule one is not allowing random people access to a plugin systems that they can easily rewrite and upload a zombie network tool.

Im done with this rip off anti support totalitarian plugin that the code looks taken from other mods on here anyway in full or part then put together in a nice menu.

Enjoy the mod guys if you want but lets just hope Flitterkildose not vanish as it will need constant updating.

Take care and be carfull

Edited by ArMaTeC
4 minutes ago, ArMaTeC said:

That is how servers get taken over learn some security rule one is not allowing random people access to a plugin systems that they can easily rewrite and upload a zombie network tool.

Im done with this rip off anti support totalitarian plugin that the code looks taken from other mods on here anyway in full or part then put together in a nice menu.

Enjoy the mod guys if you want but lets just hope Flitterkildose not vanish as it will need constant updating.

Take care and be carfull

So dont buy anything from any programmer. Learn to code and do you own stuff. 

Greetings

37 minutes ago, ArMaTeC said:

i dont use pirate anything so im quite offended by your claim infact im gonna ask for a refund on this item as it has never worked

He was giving examples in where he had seen that before, he never stated you did it. There were other examples that didn't involve pirate-anything. Why are you so fixated on the pirate one? 

16 minutes ago, ArMaTeC said:

Take care and be carfull

You could make a separate account and severely restrict that account's access to what Flitterkill needs. That's exactly what I did when I had troubles. After the support you can easily revoke any ACP access rights to that user account. I've had to have Flitterkill in my ACP and I can indeed vouch for his trustworthiness. He did exactly as he should of. Also 'totalitarian plugin' that's a new one on me, the way I see it is that it's quite the opposite because it gives you a metric-eff-tonne more control over your own forums. I myself consider myself to be a Libertarian so I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion, and I seriously would love to hear your thoughts on it (Perhaps in PM?). Also you potentially made a serious accusation there of 'code looks taken from other mods on here' can you provide evidence for this assertion? 

Edited by Tripp_UK