Kitchen Sink

PM me your site address pls. The first one might be your theme but I'll take a look.

The second one I might have changed something, let me check.

As usual, with the brand new 4.2 there are some parts that are having problems that I either missed or are edge cases I'd never test for.

KS 14 will be out in a day or less.

11 minutes ago, Pedro Ibáñez said:

Yes it's the theme, but somethings the custom theme it's doing the same.

The problem is @ehren. has created a separate structure for the user icon. That means in some cases depending upon what you choose you can end up with two icons. You would need to choose only to display the member name with the KS setting. That should solve that problem.

For the second one, again, ehren has hard-coded some css in the global template that is over-riding anything I add.

You'll have to do this:

.fce.focus-post-buttons .cTopic .ipsItemControls .ipsComment_controls .ipsButton, .fce.focus-post-buttons .cTopic .ipsItemControls .ipsComment_controls a {
	background-color: green !important;
}

Its probably tied into some javascript color picker thing somewhere he has going on.

Thanks All Astronauts.

For the second it's working. Can I also adjust padding to left at the beginning of the text?

597694e837b46_Capturadepantalla2017-07-25alas2_40_50.thumb.png.ea6f7d781e3b54c74ccd3ed910646103.png

For the first I will post @Ehren in order to can set to only avatar.

There are many things more not working with this theme like:

- Manipulate the Mark Site Read link

- Manipulate the Default Stream link

- Move the quote link to the options menu?

Much thanks!

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez

Best part of the day? Being ranted at for not responding to multiple PMs within 24 hours even though I read them.

Just a friendly, smiling reminder to all that most devs do other things, go places, have appointments, and so on. We'll check/read PMs but often will not reply immediately...because we're doing other stuff.

Temptation to disable PMs on this site: rising...

Otherwise there are still a few tweaks for KS and 4.2. For example, if you turn the edit link into an icon? For reasons of some sort the editor won't fire - at least for editing the first post, maybe all. Edit link works as a link or stuck in the options menu though. So, that needs patching. Also Bill Edwards problem has been patched so if any of you have problems reading reports that fix is incoming in the next version.

@Pedro Ibáñez Mark site read and default stream is probably, again, a theme problem. Nothing I'll be able to do about it but I'll look to be sure it's not KS.

Moving quote link should be working, let me check.

Edited by All Astronauts

You had the the quote button hidden

sdfsdf.thumb.PNG.ef0d55fc472897412d34f467209c9947.PNG

I turned it off (its off in the screenshot above) and you're all good. I'll set option toggles to display/not display the quote button fields if that is toggled on/off soon. Not sure what is happening with your reactions though - not KS related, something else is breaking that.

asdfafa.thumb.PNG.b7dcd1dde02b30ded024c6ef3e241275.PNG

As for the mark site read, unread content links in the breadcrumb - they are not there at all in the theme. With KS on, and the default theme on your site, it works fine. KS will stick those links into the member dropdown with the Subway theme if that helps.

gggg.PNG.f6fc067fb267f559b3d5da6180739adb.PNG

Edited by All Astronauts

Hi

Sometimes when a report is created the contents of that report is deleted but the report still shows up in the 'new reports' list. When trying to accessing it we get an error with code EX0 and the following message: 

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /opt/mlpforums/system/Content/Content.php(81): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('33986')
#1 /opt/mlpforums/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(25): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms('33986')
#2 /opt/mlpforums/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(1710): IPS\forums\Topic\hook247->canEdit(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /opt/mlpforums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_modcp->report(Object(IPS\core\Reports\Report), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Object(IPS\forums\Topic), 'eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J...', Array, Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#4 /opt/mlpforums/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Reports.php(239): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('report', Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Reports->view()
#6 /opt/mlpforums/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(67): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /opt/mlpforums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#8 /opt/mlpforums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /opt/mlpforums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

This doesn't seem to be happening immediately as comments seem to be posted on the report.

We believe this has something to do with your plugin but we are not sure of it, so maybe you can clarify that for us. We are running an older version  of your plugin and of IPB for technical reasons.

FYI I've just ghost-patched KS to tackle a few odds and ends. No version bump though. For 4.2 users just download KS 13 again and upload a new version over top your already installed KS as usual.

I'd love to be able to change the file associated with KS 12 in the versions area but alas, I cannot. So, when you click the download file button now for KS 13 along for the ride is a patched version of KS 12 for legacy 4.1.19.4 and lower users. Same deal for you guys; just upload a new version over top your existing install.

And of course, remember: KS 13 = 4.2 onward. KS 12 = 4.1.19.4 and lower.

Just a general reminder to everyone that just like IPS will not do support requests when a custom theme has broken something, most/all Marketplace devs have the same policy. If whatever app/plugin is working with the IPS default theme, the problem lies with whatever changes the theme maker has done.

I'll give a hand where I can, time permitting, or if I'm curious, but there is really nothing I can do unless you want to pay me my hourly rate.

You can trouble shoot theme problems yourself you know.

Suppose your site crashes with a generic 500 code error. If you are told there is a problem with the theme as whatever app/plugin works fine with the IPS default theme, now what?  Is the themer going to track down the error for you? They should... But lets assume they won't.

1) Go to your ACP and make a copy of the theme that is breaking things. Edit the theme settings so your member group has access to this copy on the front end.

2) Naturally, on the front end, change your theme to this new copy. Refresh. Of course, if the app/plugin that conflicts with the theme is running, on refresh you get that 500 error page. Good.

3) Back in the ACP, on the theme pages, for our newly copied theme click the </> button for the theme to bring up the template editors.

4) Its opens up already in Core - Front - Global where all the global front end templates are. Now it's just a slow game of Whack-a-Mole.

5) As you scroll up and down the templates in this area, you'll see some of them are flagged with an "m". That means they are modified away from the IPS default theme. What you are going to do is load up these, one at a time, and then click the REVERT button in the upper right of the page. That will reset the entire template back to the IPS default version. One at a time, revert, then go back to the front end (you probably have this open in another browser tab), refresh the page. Did the site start working again? Congratulations! You found the theme template that has broken everything. Still throwing the 500 error? Back to the ACP revert another modified template, back to the front, refresh the page, and so on.

If the problem only flares up in a certain application, then open up the templates in that area and do the same.

AP in the post above has the Nerva theme for 4.2. KS works just fine with with 4.2 but not with this theme. Throws a site crashing 500 error and the error logs that result are just random not working correctly things with no evidence that KS is involved at all - no hooks, no ks code, nothing.

I was curious so I looked (and yes, if you want me to do this for you in the future you'll need to pay me - problems like these are on the themer, not the app/plugin author)

Reverted the global template, still 500 errored. Well there is navBar, and KS does some stuff there and that's been modified, let's revert that one.

And there we go, everything starts working again.

So whats the problem? Conveniently the user above had the 4.1.19 version of the theme still present. I just needed to "diff" the file (compare side by side the changes between the two versions of the navBar template)

Can you spot the problem? (this is the 4.2 navBar template with the first couple of lines)

bug.thumb.PNG.5ccfe4e8750c8a21ae1ace89b91e7301.PNG

AP doesn't get to answer as I already gave it to him. First *correct as deemed by me* answer gets a free copy (renewals are on you) of Sound Board!

Edited by All Astronauts
On 8/1/2017 at 5:04 PM, All Astronauts said:

Can you spot the problem? (this is the 4.2 navBar template with the first couple of lines)

bug.thumb.PNG.5ccfe4e8750c8a21ae1ace89b91e7301.PNG

AP doesn't get to answer as I already gave it to him. First *correct as deemed by me* answer gets a free copy (renewals are on you) of Sound Board!

Hmmm, I feel stupid now. I many chances do I get. :) 

BTW, nothing mean intended here, support was asked of me first before contacting the themer and after I told him it was a theme problem curiosity got the better of me so I just did it.

The div is somewhat of a clue as to the problem, but the div itself is perfectly correct. That's also a clue. I might close this giveaway early with no action...

Notably this theme was "fine" as long as you didn't have a hook into the navBar (or any templates called within it). The moment an app/plugin did though (namely KS) the site broke.

And let me also say I "knew" the problem as I'm coming from the coding side. I can easily see an end-user caught between a themer saying the theme is fine without the plugin, must be the plugin, ask them for help and the mod author saying the same (works on default, your problem).

For the most part, the correct answer is if an app/plugin works on the default IPS theme, the problem is with theme. That's an always correct answer with one tiny quibble but that would take a while to explain well.