Kitchen Sink

9 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

When you click an image in a forum post. If the image is large, it has been shrunk to fit in the post. So you click it and a lightbox pops up. Click your screenshots you posted here in this topic. That's the lightbox.

I can look at your site tomorrow to see the follow button stuff. 

Ok much thanks! so I returned to the original custom.css to leave you look it clear...

Al last I crash my web trying to customize the follow button :sick:,  then I returned to the original KS plugin style so:

I tryed to use the KS Change the follow button to match the standard IPS button appearance?

58e237c12fd40_Capturadepantalla2017-04-03ala(s)13_51_34.thumb.png.b5c339d6c815eed17b09549f3e300280.png

But it looks different in my site...

With the default theme

58e2385ab6175_Capturadepantalla2017-04-03ala(s)13_51_02.thumb.png.e9e0ee24781109342bc0030f4cb7bfa1.png

And with the custom theme

58e23821b4f16_Capturadepantalla2017-04-03ala(s)13_48_18.thumb.png.dd1fce9da945059c4463a0caf22e298a.png

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez
  • 2 weeks later...

Major Kitchen Sink bug discovered.

Kitchen Sink is allowing anyone on my site to go into anything and on the post page, they can hold and click on title and change it.

Trolls have had a hay day on my site, it turned things into a disaster. I finally narrowed it down to Kitchen Sink... Please fix

Kitchen Sink 12 Released!

• Fixes Classifieds Application incompatibility
  • Patches the above editable topic titles bug
  • Adds forum descriptions to forum titles in forum index views
  • Can now remove both multi-quote and quote buttons from post view.

Yell at me if the edit first posts thing is still broken.

Forum descriptions are created in the ACP with the full editor, not a plain text field. This KS feature is just pulling over whats there so expect the hottest of messes if you routinely use images and formatted text for your forum descriptions. This is only a convenience feature I've included for those of you who just use text exclusively for your forum descriptions and is not supported for rich-formatted text/image forum descriptions.

foruemdesc.thumb.JPG.0d6bbdae7c29063e31b41901c9b35274.JPG

As note in the updated KS Marketplace description, KS is still supported and under development but it's more or less in a holding pattern until we get the 4.2 alpha. As you can imagine there will be a lot of work to remove/change KS stuff when 4.2 hits so I'm investing my dev time as wisely as I can until then.

Edited by Flitterkill
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

I just tested this here and its working fine. Just to be sure do you have this enabled and configured correctly? Outside of that I'd need to take a peek under the hood (this is Fk btw)

Can edit title but can't edit content of post.  Looks setup correctly

setup correctly.JPG

I'll upload the final 4.1.x version of KS in a bit. It wraps up any lingering issues @superj707 mentioned above.

As for 4.2...

If it isn't mentioned below its working (or probably is).

GLOBAL:
- Remove trailing separator from breadcrumb not working.
- Lightbox stuff will be completely removed.
- Follow button stuff not working - will be removed, reworked.

ERROR PAGE:
- All not working. 

PROFILES:
- All not working.

USERBAR:
 - Everything under the Member Menu sub-section not working. That's user name and avatar, avatar only, name only, etc. That stuff.

FORUMS AND TOPICS:
  - The stuff under topic view is mostly irrelevant now. They've made everything buttons now and, you might have missed this, they no longer wrap the forum posts themselves inside a box. The section title that once displayed the number of posts? That's gone now. That also means there is nowhere for me to stick in the "time elapsed since last post" bit. So, this will get removed and I'll see what I can salvage and stick in another place or some of this stuff will get re-purposed in another mod down the line.

- Good news! Edit first posts works fine.
- Bad news. All of the post edit menu stuff  (quote, multi quote, edit, etc.). All that custom formatting is broken. Might just be a simple targeting fix for the hook though.

CALENDAR:
  - Squared edges badges not working.
  - Larger event cover photo area not working.
  - Larger event titles not working.

If there is anything you see in the 4.2 preview/alpha/betas you would like tweaked and you think it might fit in with KS now is the time to ask. Otherwise I'll probably start working on the revamp with the release of the 4.1 betas.

Edited by All Astronauts

FINAL 4.1.x UPDATE!

• No version change, just wraps up that last bug thing mentioned above. 

4.2 version is just about done. The only things left are the follow button stuff and I'm not sure what to do with the "Add the last post datetime to the section title on topic view?" as that section title line is now gone. A div appears once pagination kicks in but otherwise... 

Outside of those things KS is 4.2 ready.

Price increase with 4.2. $12 to $15 to get in depending on how drunk I am when I release the 4.2 version. Renews the same $5.

Edited by Flitterkill
/* FOLLOW */

div.ipsFollow.ipsButton.ipsButton_light.ipsButton_verySmall {
			height:26px;
		}

div.ipsFollow.ipsButton.ipsButton_light.ipsButton_verySmall a {
			line-height:22px;
			min-width: 75px;
		}

html[dir="ltr"] .ipsFollow > a:not( .ipsCommentCount ){
			left: 0px; 
			padding-left: 0px; 
		}

.ipsFollow .ipsCommentCount, .ipsFollow > a > span.ipsCommentCount {
			margin-top: 0px; 
		}

That should get you close. Add to your custom. I tried but the file wouldn't save.

a.cEvents_event, .cEvents_event a, .cEvents_event.cEvents_empty span {
    border-radius: 2px !important;
}

Either add that to custom or find that bit in the ks.css file and add !important to it. Something in your theme or customizations is over-writing the kitchen sink stuff. It just needs the !important tag to take precedence.

Edited by Flitterkill
On 10/30/2016 at 11:42 PM, Joel R said:

Feature suggestions:

• In the postbit, offer a toggle to swap the text "Quote" and "Edit" with fa-icons.  This can offer a more elegant and iconographic approach towards those actions, while condensing the text.
  •  
  • Swap out the Mark Forum As Read 'fa-check' icon with another icon (preferably something of admin's choice, where I can input my own fa-icon).  It's a generic icon that's used for followers as well.  Actually, maybe even offer my own fa-icon for followers too (like fa-users).  
  •  
  • Add Mark Forum As Read to forum index and category index, to be consistent with board index.  One of my major pet peeves with IP.Board's approach towards marking forum as read is that they have two very different methods: when you're in a forum, you click on the Mark Forum As Read; when you're in the forum or category index, you click on the board's thumbnail.   

2) Maybe

3) I believe IPS incorporated this into 4.2

1) See attached, coming in 4.2 KS. (there is something attached but IPS forums are broken right now and not displaying anything - smells like something Cloudfront is cooking)

pcontrols.PNG

Edited by Flitterkill

Hi Flitterkill and sorry by the delay,

On 8/5/2017 at 4:19 PM, Flitterkill said:

That should get you close. Add to your custom. I tried but the file wouldn't save.

There was a problem with mod security in the server. Now It's possible to save again. I tryed adding the lines for the Follow button into custom.css but there is no change.

Can you please take a look into the custom.css?

On 8/5/2017 at 4:19 PM, Flitterkill said:

Either add that to custom or find that bit in the ks.css file and add !important to it. Something in your theme or customizations is over-writing the kitchen sink stuff. It just needs the !important tag to take precedence.

I added !important in that bit (Original from ks.css) and does not work

{{if settings.ks_calendar_square_spans}}
        border-radius: 2px; !important;

{{endif}}
}

Then I added like you say above and now works.

border-radius: 2px !important;
}

• 4 weeks later...

I think I finally found what I've been looking for, but have a question. I need my users to be able to go back into the first post in any topic and make changes. it appears that this functionality enables this - Topic authors can always edit first posts.

Questions:

1. Am I right, this functionality is what I think it is?

2. Can I disable everything else in this plugin and only use the "Topic authors can always edit first posts" functionality. 

@Chris027 pretty much.

2: 99% of  KS are things you enable, not on by default.

About the only thing I can think of off hand that is always on is a tiny tweak to the calendar display when a user scrolls down to fix a spacing problem that has existed on calendar since 4.0 was released.

1: First post stuff works as you want it to. You can toggle this on or off in the acp and also chose whether this applies to all forums or just the ones you choose. I should probably get around to allowing you to select groups who have this ability as well. I'll throw that in the soon pile.