Kitchen Sink

Just installed the plugin. Ran into one issue. I have a plugin called Go To Top, that places a link to the top of the page within each post. This disappears when Kitchen Sink is enabled. Here are some screenshots. I've tried moving the order of plugins, but that hasn't changed anything. 

Any help you can provide would be great. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 8.59.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 8.55.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 8.55.34 AM.png

Followup - Here is a link to the plugin - 

5 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

What version of KS? I'm trying to think what would actually break something like that on my end as KS is primarily a bunch of theme hooks and doesn;t hit the system stuff at all. There is one thing though which is why I need to know what version.

It's Version 12

46 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

What version of KS? I'm trying to think what would actually break something like that on my end as KS is primarily a bunch of theme hooks and doesn;t hit the system stuff at all. There is one thing though which is why I need to know what version.

More specifically, it's 12.0.0 (10012)

@Philip Carson

I've taken a few minutes to look over things and I'm hard pressed to see exactly what KS is doing that would break Tapatalk; or rather, what Tapatalk is doing that breaks itself. This is going to be on the Tapatalk side of things wanting to do what it does. 

None of the theme hooks should have anything to do with Tapatalk throwing that unread error. I do see they reworked the get unread stuff to use the IPS search system earlier this year; maybe that's part of it? But again, I don't touch that with KS.

The only system (not theme) hooks I have are on posts, topics (for allowing authors to edit first posts), one on dispatcher/standard to jack in some js files (should move that to front), and one on content/comment but that one is just to let you change the dateline on top of posts from "Posted December 12, 2016" to just the date alone.

Tapatalk is a way funky thing, its like a totally separate application embedded within the IPS system (absolutely not an app developed for the IPS system like you could get and install from the Marketplace) - hell, they even have their own "dispatcher" stuck in their own namespace, but extending IPS\Dispatcher\Standard, and all it really contains are harvested functions taken from other IPS dispatcher files.

I could probably help you once 4.2 is officially released and Tapatalk releases something compatible with that. I would give you versions of KS that have disabled/removed system hooks and see which of them is "interfering" with whatever Tap is doing - and then maybe I could adjust something or they could. I can't (won't...) help on this now as KS is already cooking on 4.2 and I'm not really set up to do much on the earlier versions at this point (that and way too busy to do so)

And KS works perfectly fine with IPS but when you install Tapatalk, which is not an application *for* the IPS suite, but an entirely separate application that is doing its own thing to harvest and use your IPS site information, TT doesn't work.

It's not that surprising - TT is really, truly, off the rails of the IPS suite - which is fine, really, no law or rules say that it can't be - but there are consequences when that happens - namely there can/will be/are collisions between things that normally work.

What I'm trying to say is that TT isn't an apples-to-apples comparison with the other apps/plugins here in the Marketplace and you shouldn't assume that it is the Marketplace app/plugin that is at "fault". There is *nothing* I am doing that is out of the ordinary; what TT does is very much out of the ordinary. Maybe when it creates it's own "dispatcher" it doesn't take into account other hooks being possibly there - I don't know, I'm just guessing - but this is the low level conflict stuff that can/will happen when you do what TT does.

Like I said, perfectly willing to poke this once 4.2 is official and TT is updated to 4.2 compatibility. I'm genuinely curious but not enough to eat up my time when 4.2 is about to drop and TT is not compatible with it yet (as far as I know)

BTW, TT isn't that TT plugin. All that plugin does is set up some settings and gives you the plugin form to enter/change those settings and that's pretty much it. TT is 95% or more the stuff in the folder you drag into your IPS directory - again, it's not an IPS app - its a very different thing.

Okay.  It's beyond my knowledge how these things work.

So, I'm going to have to request a refund.  Many of my members rely on TT - including a couple of my mods.  So if the 2 can't play well together, I have to get rid of the one with the least useable features - at least for my particular forum.  In this case, it's KS.

• 1 month later...

Kitchen Sink 13 Released!

• 4.2 compatible. Do not use with 4.19.x or lower!
  • New feature to adjust the suite-wide animation speeds.
  • New less-noisy stream view option (applies to club view too).
  • Toggle off Clubs pseudo-sidebar to reclaim a ton of space on a Club index page.
  • Option to allow forum index categories to display the category description as well (this was added in KS 12)
  • Option to remove the forum name from the topic author line in topics.
  • Forum post controls now consistently formatted like the multi-quote button.
  • Follow button formatting has been removed in this version while this undergoes revision for 4.2.
  • Add the last post datetime to the section title on topic view has been removed for now.

In mostly-reverse order:

Add the last post datetime to the section title on topic view is out for now as IPS has removed the section title on topic view entirely. They said they were just hiding section titles with css. They lied. This change also removed the built-in responses count for the topic (i.e. 10 responses in this topic, etc.). Your guess is as good as mine. So either I add both those back in with KS (which of course I can) or think about doing something else.

The Follow button KS feature needs work. Even the IPS 4.2 follow button itself needs work (the follower count is not vertically centered the same as the other text). Giving this a re-think.

pcontrols.PNG.c1af5bf32533d59053112f2f8490c47b.PNG
Post Controls

dupey.jpg.ad93f8ca9f509d99f4d19b4f0e421aaf.jpg
Just in case you have no idea where you are because you can't read the forum name in the breadcrumb a few pixels above the topic title IPS has now added the forum name right there after the author/date. KS allows you to send it back where it came from...

catdescs.thumb.PNG.897b68b10267aa1fadcd8cade4df2e38.PNG
Category/forum descriptions can have images and other junk in them. This KS feature does not care what you do so if you so desire you can make your forums look like a clown car if you aren't being careful. I recommend you stick to text-only for description if you enable this option but I can't stop you...

minimalstreamview.thumb.PNG.004a3a63eb4c22e4ff42c613c5fc72c1.PNG
Ditches all that junk on the side in favor of a simple stack view. This is just a one-off to get things a little cleaner. Toying with the idea of blowing up the stream look with another mod entirely but it would be some substantial work. Bars are colored with your theme settings for time streams or whatever that var is called. When enabled this also applies to club indexes as those are primarily streams as well.

ksclub.thumb.PNG.4f3359f35d398612a0af1d57880559a6.PNG
The club pseudo-sidebar contains primarily a list of new members and that's about it. In return for that tiny block you get 1/4 less screen width. Now enable the actual sidebar. How much screen width for actual content do you have now? Right. There is a mod in the Marketplace that sticks a bunch of stuff in this pseudo-sidebar so obviously enabling this in KS makes that mod useless. Just FYI. Hoping IPS moves this club stuff to the actual sidebar eventually. Screen shot above is with the cleaner streams option enabled.

anim.thumb.PNG.5be00c80e4cd0f404f5cb7ccbebdfd2d.PNG
IPS default and fast animation speeds are slow. Really. Perk up the way hovercards, menus, etc. pop in and out of your site by adjusting these speeds. I would set default and fast at the same speed, somewhere between .10 and .20. Slow at .50, very slow at .80. Those are just recommendations of course; do whatchalike.

I have just upgraded to V4.2 and V13 of Kitchen Sink.

Since doing so I have been unable to access any of the reported content on my site. Tech Support have assisted and narrowed the problem down to Kitchen Sink which is now disabled. 

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Bill