Kitchen Sink

Looking now. I need your version though.

EDIT: Appears the code to load the topic id into loadandcheck perms has changed in 13. If it hasn't changed something else in the call structure has. Give me a bit to work this through.

Edited by Flitterkill

Minor suggestions on existing features:

• When IPS update is critical security update, colorize fa-download icon as red.  This better matches with the red pulse.  
  • In your settings descriptions, can you include choices on the different button classes?  (Later on I realized I could go to my ACP > Customization > Themes > Button Colors, and kind of guess at the buttons classes.  I'm rather impressed with my own ingenuity, but ... I'd rather be lazy.  And I can't be the only admin that can't recite all the choices for IPS for button classes.)

12 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

Looking now. I need your version though.

EDIT: Appears the code to load the topic id into loadandcheck perms has changed in 13. If it hasn't changed something else in the call structure has. Give me a bit to work this through.

9 hours ago, Flitterkill said:

Actually it seems to be goofiness all around, my part mostly. Wondering how this worked in the first place. Give me some more time to poke this and make it more robust.

I've bigger problems - I've had to disable the whole plugin.

Firstly the ability to hold the mouse over a topic title and edit it is broken with the plugin enabled.

Secondly when viewing a topic and clicking edit, there is no way to edit the title, the box is missing when the plugin is enabled.

That other stuff shouldn't be happening. Mind if I take a quick look? Just pm me ACP access. I'm suspecting there is a problem with the IPS installer for plugins in certain situations causing varying levels of chaos; like to see so server vars and the error logs directly.

Edited by Flitterkill

Getting following errors.

Please help me solve!

Andy Millne

11 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hello,

The current errors being logged in the system logs are unrelated and are being generated by a hook with ID of 511

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/admin/web/curvage.org/public_html/forum/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms('18')
#1 /home/admin/web/curvage.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(718) : eval()'d code(3976): IPS\forums\hook511->canEdit()
This hook is associated with the Kitchen Sink plugin. I would recommend contacting the plugin author for assistance with that issue.

Does this plugin allow to display name changes like in the ISP 3x series?

Also, if you can find a way to make it to where when someone's logged in as anonymous, to show "Private" in the last online part of the profile instead of the last signed in on public date, that would be great.

1) Are you meaning to respond to a different plugin? I might have taken over display name changes from Adriano but that functionality isn't a part of KS.

2) Not a bad idea, not sure if that's a plugin for someone else to write or stick it in KS...

For everyone: Still some minor problems with the edit first posts stuff. Oh, it works; works well. It's just that the theme hook on those menu elements probably needs to be tighter. If you have the plugin enabled, but nothing configured, it seems that mods trying to edit a first post just get the post content to edit, not the title or tags. Also if you have any other hooks that try to insert stuff into that line it may not work as right now I sort of take it all over. As for the bug, I'm pretty sure I know why so that's on the fixing agenda for today.

Also, the ajax live editing of topic titles when in forum view (click and hold to edit). Seems to be broken with this enabled. I'm hoping it's the thing I think is wrong, if not, its probably a mess to fix involving the ajax controller itself. It might not be worth my time to fix it, but I have to look and see first.

Meh, long day.

Anyways, the edit first posts code is still a bit wonky. Thanks to @Bill Edwards for pointing out a few flaws. I *think* I have them straightened out now, however, I never for a moment took into account the jQuery mod utility for when you are in forum view looking at a table of topics. You can click and hold on a title to live edit the title. With KS active (at all no matter first posts settings) this function breaks. At least as far as I can tell. This is a function of me trashing the initial edit first posts code and going a more brute force direction. No matter, I haven't looked to see what I am breaking with that so it has to wait a bit to get fixed (crosses fingers he can...) 

KS 5 out either later tonight or in the morning to fix these things. Also includes a full toggle option to move or not move the reports link in a post to the options menu (right now it just moves it). Won't get a chance to address conflicts with other plugins that link into the posts menu area just yet. Soon.

EDIT: It's ready to go. The click/hold thing is vexing. It's working in-dev, but not live. Either way, gonna sleep on this and then post it up in the morning. Figure after 10am Eastern USA.

Sleep...

EDIT: After you install the new version (when released), if you get an error page when viewing a forum (topics list) just refresh to clear your cache of the old plugin code. Also, confirmed, if you have something that links into the quote, edit, options menu area of a post, make sure you drag that plugin (like change author) BELOW Kitchen Sink in the plugin list. I grab a lot of that area down there so anything that links into that needs to come afterwards in the plugin list to hook in correctly.

EDIT PART 2: Actually, click/hold does work... if you remember to.. you know... use an admin account. Too tired to trust myself lol.

Edited by Flitterkill

4.x you no longer have forum posts on profile here in forum. insted its called content count where its a combined posts of forum posts, file review, file comments, file uploads, status post, status comment, blog comments, blog submission, calendar submission etc. 

What i suggest was that you seperate forum posts from content count so we have forum post count again on forum. so when user see their profile or user profile from topic left side they see content count and forum posts

7 hours ago, maidos said:

4.x you no longer have forum posts on profile here in forum. insted its called content count where its a combined posts of forum posts, file review, file comments, file uploads, status post, status comment, blog comments, blog submission, calendar submission etc. 

What i suggest was that you seperate forum posts from content count so we have forum post count again on forum. so when user see their profile or user profile from topic left side they see content count and forum posts

Agreed!

Sorry, won't happen. At least not with KS.

Part of the philosophy behind IPS 4x is that everything generated by a member is considered "content".

In the core.members database, there is a column for member_posts. Although it sounds like it is just for forum posts it is not. It is for all content be it forum posts, topic started, download submitted, gallery images submitted, etc. That's what is being called and displayed when you see a user's content count. 

Can you break out a user's forum posts count separately? Of course. But, you have to actually do database work and probably a bunch of separate hooks to get and store just that information. It's not that hard - if all you wanted was forum topics started and forum posts made you would just hook onto the submit bit and then count and store from there. More messy when you try to keep accurate stats as you have to hook onto the delete bits as well. I suppose you could find where the content count is being calculated and hook there, targeting whether the call is coming from forums or not and writing/deleting based on that. Might make this a lot more manageable.

If you want some more term confusion....

Captursdfe.JPG

Where it says 1,075 posts? That's actually content count, not just forum posts. On this site that will include my files in the marketplace, all my topics started and forum posts, probably all my bug reports and responses there as well. Posts = Content and vice versa.

So yeah, if you want that stat back on its own it will be some work to accomplish.

Edited by Flitterkill