Links Directory

24 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

I just updated and am wondering if the newest version is live yet because I'm getting this flagged:

Could contain: Text, Word, Face

I can't reproduce:

Not sure why it is pointing on a file called CATEGORIES.PHP, when the right one is CATEGORY.PHP. I should have changed that in some point, so it's a FALSE positive there. Anyway, if you have FTP access to your server, access the applications / links / api / and see if you have category.php there. If you have it AND also have categories.php, delete categories.php and you're fine.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I ended up removing this application in order to move over to PHP8. Now that I have my site running on 8, I would like to re-install the application. I am assuming the latest version will not cause an issue now that I'm running 8.

If download and install new will all my previous links be there or will I have to start from scratch?

Edited by Michael R
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

Looks like the newest release of IP (4.7.4) breaks the Link Directory again with php8 incompatibility issues.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Text

Just figured you might want to know as quick as possible before the flood of posts come in.  🙂

I noticed Invision locked the app (it was enabled until upgrade to 4.7.4)

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can’t reproduce with category. It was fixed in 4.7.2 or 4.7.2.1.

I appreciate you trying.  It turned out it did have categories.php where you said.  When I looked before I looked under a different site and not the site that is having the issue.  I removed catagories.php since catagory.php was present. Site is still Locked so I still can't use Links Directory and not sure if I have to wait until a new version comes out of Links Directory or do I Uninstall it and reinstall and loose everything (not that I have a ton).

MY LINKS APP is not working can not create a link give error code would you like that?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\links\Members::getGroupDataFromDataStore() (0)
#0 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(781): IPS\links\_Category->canCharge()
#1 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Content/Item.php(143): IPS\links\_Link::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\links\Category))
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(66): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\links\Category))
#3 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->submit()
#4 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main

unistalled old and installed new it works now but all my old links are gone

have to start over

}

Edited by Donald Meek
Just now, Donald Meek said:

MY LINKS APP is not working can not create a link give error code would you like that?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\links\Members::getGroupDataFromDataStore() (0)
#0 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(781): IPS\links\_Category->canCharge()
#1 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Content/Item.php(143): IPS\links\_Link::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\links\Category))
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(66): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\links\Category))
#3 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->submit()
#4 /var/www/sitefiles/r276381/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/debug-r276381-107404/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->execute()
#7 {main}

Are you using the latest version? This method was dropped a while ago, if I’m not mistaken.

On 9/19/2022 at 8:27 PM, LittleFang said:

Receiving the following when submitting a link with a package activated:

#0 /home/thetaro2/public_html/applications/links/sources/Link/Link.php(781): IPS\links\_Category->canCharge()
#1 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(143): IPS\links\_Link::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\links\Category))
#2 /home/thetaro2/public_html/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(66): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\links\Category))
#3 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->submit()
#4 /home/thetaro2/public_html/applications/links/modules/front/links/submit.php(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\links\modules\front\links\_submit->execute()
#6 /home/thetaro2/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

The link gets submitted without payment as the error displays.

On 10/15/2022 at 6:21 AM, Chris59 said:

Statistic block seems not show properly

IPB 4.7.3
Links 5.6.7
Default theme

Could contain: Text, Page

Cheers Chris 

2 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

#7 {main

unistalled old and installed new it works now but all my old links are gone

have to start over

}

New version to address issues reported pending approval.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to the paid links, yay!

Getting the following error when selecting a Tax Class:

Error: Object of class IPS\nexus\Tax could not be converted to string (0)
#0 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(1159): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `core_sy...', Array)
#1 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Settings/Settings.php(245): IPS\_Db->update('`core_sys_conf_...', '`conf_value`=(?...', 'WHERE conf_key=...')
#2 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(759): IPS\_Settings->changeValues(Array)
#3 /home/thetaro2/public_html/applications/links/modules/admin/links/settings.php(42): IPS\Helpers\_Form->saveAsSettings(Array)
#4 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\links\modules\admin\links\_settings->manage()
#5 /home/thetaro2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/thetaro2/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Hey Adriano..  still loving links app and use it fairly decently on the website.  I don't even really want to mention this because I can see 57 pages of this forum post talking about the screenshots and issues with it but wanted to share my experience so you can point out what I've been doing wrong.

I had the default miniature.io set under the Image Settings option and no screenshots even if I clicked rebuild thumbnails so I saw one of your posts that you recommend using something else so I tried the free screenshotmachine but could never get it to work.. kept saying invalid key.  This is how I set it up

on the screenshotmachine website with the free account (limits you to 100 images per month which is no biggie)

NOTE: I blurred out my key

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Then I head over to my website and go to image settings under links and paste the api key and add the secret phrase by copying from screenshotmachine and pasting on my site settings (so no typos, no spaces, etc)

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

But results I get the Invalid API Key even though its correct from what I did above

Could contain: File, Webpage, Business Card, Text, Paper

From what you see above, is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong to get the screenshotmachine Image Settings to work?

30 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

From what you see above, is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong to get the screenshotmachine Image Settings to work?

Just made a quick test and it's working just fine on my live board:

Here you can view the status of the service: https://statuspage.freshping.io/12607-screenshotmachine

Your thumbs indicate an error in the API key. See Error Handling here: https://www.screenshotmachine.com/website-screenshot-api.php