Community

Durango

New feature : Post BEFORE Register !

This would be a game changer feature

This feature explains the success of very large boards, i know it as i worked for those companies

With this feature we saw the number of posts / day increase by 10 times in my former company !

Would be great to see it coming to IPB...

Too bad i thought this feature would be part of 4.2 :(

even if picks and clubs are nice features (well done), what we need first is to boost people engagement

and this feature would be very efficient ! :) 

@Lindy said it was planned one year ago (see this topic in march 2016) any news ?

tx :)

On 20/05/2017 at 3:29 PM, Charles said:

I am afraid we could not include all the things in 4.2 :)

This was on the list but got bumped. I am sure it will be in 4.3.

Hi @Charles and @Lindy

Great to know this will be in 4.3 as it will be a game changer for our communities : it can boost registrations by 600% (as tested on a large board where i used to work)

Can you confirm it will be included in 4.3 ?

Tx :)

Edited by Durango

This sounds great - if you require a subscription to register, would the fields from Commerce be shown along with the registration fields? Not sure if that would bog down or remove the incentive to register in this scenario...

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:49 AM, chilihead said:

Seems like a bait and switch tactic I would not use myself, it would frustrate me if I was on a site, took 20 minutes to compose a post that the system let me compose, to be hit with a register prompt. I'd say "screw this place" and close the window.

Agreed.

Maybe instead of closing the window I would register as "Dontbaitme" some@some.com