Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

ooopppsss... gues i spoke too soon ...

ive noticed that the prefix is shown BUT it does look wierd AND it does not allow the TITLE of the Thread or Posting to be shown for some reason..

shown is using the predefined Prefixes... and using my custom Prefixes...

I need some sort of Idea why this is happening and where i can correct this is possible....

Thanks alot

question1.jpg

question2.jpg

sorry pushed submit too fast ... here is the other two pics i made

question3.jpg

question4.jpg

As you can see the Blue one is showing up but when i open the Thread and go in im not seeing it anymore ...

Hope you know what im trying to say here .....

Edited by Wicked007
On 4/18/2017 at 5:37 AM, Pedro Ibáñez said:

I'm using this version 4.1.19.2 and the problem still the same and auto fix does not work but if there is not important i'm not worried about it.

The guy you were replying to had a different problem. The support tool is not fixed, but you don't need to worry about it. It's not important, nothing is actually broken.

On 4/18/2017 at 6:39 PM, Simon Woods said:

By "direct link" they mean a link to their website. For your image, you need to find the URL that ends with the image file extension, such as ".jpg", ".png", ".jpeg" -- usually you can do this by right-clicking the image and choosing "Copy image address". If that doesn't work then it depends on the site you are using to host it; you might have better luck with a site like imgur.

Thanks for the help Simon. This is all correct.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, Wicked007 said:

ooopppsss... gues i spoke too soon ...

ive noticed that the prefix is shown BUT it does look wierd AND it does not allow the TITLE of the Thread or Posting to be shown for some reason..

shown is using the predefined Prefixes... and using my custom Prefixes...

I need some sort of Idea why this is happening and where i can correct this is possible....

Thanks alot

As you can see the Blue one is showing up but when i open the Thread and go in im not seeing it anymore ...

Hope you know what im trying to say here .....

I don't really understand your problems, sorry. What version of IPS are you running? If it's 4.1.19.0, that's a known bug; please upgrade to 4.1.19.2.

14 hours ago, Lord Nowe said:

Greetings @Ryan H., I am wondering if this system can allow users to White List or Black List certain tags from appearing as content for them? If so, that is amazing and I will be looking into getting this system for our site. If not, would it be possible to add?

Many thanks.

No, it does not have such a feature, and I don't have any plans to add it at this time. Unless we were just hiding rows (so pages could have less than 20 records, or whatever the case), the performance penalty would be tremendous.

Thanks.

On 27/07/2015 at 1:06 AM, Ryan H. said:

I understand what you're saying, and I responded to that specifically. I can't fix your uppercase/lowercase problem without making the system case-insensitive altogether. I can't do that because it would be worse for performance and it could just as well break things for any site relying on the current (case-sensitive) behavior. Would be a breaking change.

As for changing from lower- to non-lower, again, use the admin manage tags tool. You can fix each tag/prefix in bulk. Unless you have hundreds of prefixes to go through and correct, it's not going to take you a massive amount of time.

Why not add a css style to convert the case from lower to upper?

49 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:

No, it does not have such a feature, and I don't have any plans to add it at this time. Unless we were just hiding rows (so pages could have less than 20 records, or whatever the case), the performance penalty would be tremendous.

Thanks.

That would be the general plan. I don't mind displaying less than 20 records per page in the forums. Though my thought was more for the Gallery.

Hi,

I purchased your plugin last week. We have a rather large community and after installing your plugin it brings our server stack to it's knees with multiple processes using 100% CPU.

sendto(6, "get 42a777f791_advancedtagsprefi"..., 55, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, 0) = 55
recvfrom(6, 0x5635492d9268, 8196, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, NULL) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
poll([{fd=6, events=POLLIN}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=6, revents=POLLIN}])
recvfrom(6, "VALUE 42a777f791_advancedtagspre"..., 8196, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, NULL) = 2346

It looks like it's reading something from memcache and then doing a lot of php stuff afterwards, after those syscalls then poop hits the fan and our servers grind to a halt.

16 hours ago, Wildcard Chris said:

Hi,

I purchased your plugin last week. We have a rather large community and after installing your plugin it brings our server stack to it's knees with multiple processes using 100% CPU.

sendto(6, "get 42a777f791_advancedtagsprefi"..., 55, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, 0) = 55
recvfrom(6, 0x5635492d9268, 8196, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, NULL) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
poll([{fd=6, events=POLLIN}], 1, 5000) = 1 ([{fd=6, revents=POLLIN}])
recvfrom(6, "VALUE 42a777f791_advancedtagspre"..., 8196, MSG_NOSIGNAL, NULL, NULL) = 2346

It looks like it's reading something from memcache and then doing a lot of php stuff afterwards, after those syscalls then poop hits the fan and our servers grind to a halt.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't have enough info to determine precisely what's going on. The only thing I can think that would be hitting the SQL table and memcache under normal use is building the prefix cache. Unless you have a very large number of prefixes set up, that should be almost inconsequential. And once it is cached, the only thing going on is basic loads and then data referencing. There is no intensive calculation whatsoever that I'm aware of, under normal use.

Are you sure memcache is working smoothly, and has sufficient memory? How many prefixes are you dealing with?

58 minutes ago, Ryan H. said:

I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't have enough info to determine precisely what's going on. The only thing I can think that would be hitting the SQL table and memcache under normal use is building the prefix cache. Unless you have a very large number of prefixes set up, that should be almost inconsequential. And once it is cached, the only thing going on is basic loads and then data referencing. There is no intensive calculation whatsoever that I'm aware of, under normal use.

Are you sure memcache is working smoothly, and has sufficient memory? How many prefixes are you dealing with?

Memcache is working great. We currently have a stack of 4 servers with 32 cores with load balancing and running Ubuntu with Nginx running our forum and only have 8 prefixes.

Edited by Wildcard Chris
11 hours ago, Wildcard Chris said:

Memcache is working great. We currently have a stack of 4 servers with 32 cores with load balancing and running Ubuntu with Nginx running our forum and only have 8 prefixes.

Okay. Doesn't help me narrow things down at all though. Can you send me a more complete trace, or any other info to track it down? You said "a lot of php stuff afterwards", but I have no way of associating that with anything.

Does disabling the app make CPU drop back down?

20 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Okay. Doesn't help me narrow things down at all though. Can you send me a more complete trace, or any other info to track it down? You said "a lot of php stuff afterwards", but I have no way of associating that with anything.

Does disabling the app make CPU drop back down?

I'll speak to my server guys and see if we can get a better trace. Yes I've done some testing and as soon as I disable your app the CPU usage goes back down to normal. We currently have to keep it disabled due to this issue.

Edited by Wildcard Chris
On 4/28/2017 at 7:12 AM, Wildcard Chris said:

I'll speak to my server guys and see if we can get a better trace. Yes I've done some testing and as soon as I disable your app the CPU usage goes back down to normal. We currently have to keep it disabled due to this issue.

Okay. Let me know when you have more info. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Prefixes appear to be supported in Content/CMS, but they don't show up for selection when editing a record/article, and they don't show up when viewing a record/article. Is this broken or wishful thinking on my part?

Also in the forums Prefixes aren't optional. They are only available if I force them on. Broken or wishful thinking?

I'm using 4.1.19.3.

17 hours ago, khawkins said:

Prefixes appear to be supported in Content/CMS, but they don't show up for selection when editing a record/article, and they don't show up when viewing a record/article. Is this broken or wishful thinking on my part?

This app's prefixes hook onto the normal tag system. If you have a tag-enabled database, you should be able to configure (and select) prefixes when creating records for that database. That being said, I don't own Content, I've never used Content, so I really can't say anything beyond theoretical. Forums is the primary focus.

17 hours ago, khawkins said:

Also in the forums Prefixes aren't optional. They are only available if I force them on. Broken or wishful thinking?

I'm using 4.1.19.3.

They should only be required if you have 'require a prefix' set to yes for the forum, and they should be selectable either way. If that is not the behavior you're seeing, that's broken, please provide additional info or screenshots.

3 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Forums is the primary focus.

Ok, that's too bad. We might see if we can add it ourselves then. Basically it doesn't show in any database records at all or in the edit form, but prefixes can be configured in Category settings.

3 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

If that is not the behavior you're seeing, that's broken, please provide additional info or screenshots.

It's not showing up. I'll follow up with screenshots when I can get to it tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

This is not really a support issue, but maybe you can advice. I want to move from open to closed tag system, as such I want to delete about 90% of the currently existing tags which are about 280 pages long. Is there any way I can do this faster (maybe with creative SQL query?) then just deleting and confirming one by one? I just want to leave those that are used more then, lets say, 10 times. 

8 hours ago, jair101 said:

This is not really a support issue, but maybe you can advice. I want to move from open to closed tag system, as such I want to delete about 90% of the currently existing tags which are about 280 pages long. Is there any way I can do this faster (maybe with creative SQL query?) then just deleting and confirming one by one? I just want to leave those that are used more then, lets say, 10 times. 

If the dev offered mass delete in the ACP, then it might be a bit easier.  You can already sort by the number of uses.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:13 AM, jair101 said:

Tags are stored in the DB in core_tags*. You could do it manually, and then update the tag cache and search index, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Note that your actual number of pages is probably (substantially) lower than the page count shown. IPB doesn't count the number of rows correctly in most versions.

19 hours ago, AlexJ said:

Does it works with IPS 4.2.x beta? Anyone tried it? 

Can't say. Anyone else know? I expect most things will be fine, but tag management section may not (I think they were planning to remove part of the functionality it uses).

2 hours ago, Ryan H. said:

Tags are stored in the DB in core_tags*. You could do it manually, and then update the tag cache and search index, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Note that your actual number of pages is probably (substantially) lower than the page count shown. IPB doesn't count the number of rows correctly in most versions.

Well, core_tags contains 6400 records and most of these are single ones, so even if the page numbering is not correct it is still a lot of stuff to process manually. If I understand you correctly, this is the only table containing tags. core_search_index_tags and core_tags_perms I assume are temporary tables that can be rebuild? What about core_tags_perms?

On 6/4/2017 at 10:40 AM, Ryan H. said:

Can't say. Anyone else know? I expect most things will be fine, but tag management section may not (I think they were planning to remove part of the functionality it uses).

Without tag management section, how can I add new tags/prefixes? I have used your app on 3.4.x. Does the new one provides the upgrade route? If yes, then how to?

Thanks