Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

my site has global open tag system in IPS settings.

In open tag system i want to be able to have some categories with drop down list of tag suggestions, which they can select a suggestion and also add anymore tags they like, is this possible? 

Edited by jp

i clicked on the rebuild cache button and it did it, but now when in the topic list it doesnt show the prefix or tags. when i click to go into the topic the prefix and tag are still there but when viewing the topic list it looks like none of the topics are tagged or have any prefixes. how do i fix?

And yes in settings i have it set to display tags and prefixes

Edited by jp
22 hours ago, jp said:

my site has global open tag system in IPS settings.

In open tag system i want to be able to have some categories with drop down list of tag suggestions, which they can select a suggestion and also add anymore tags they like, is this possible? 

I think it's all or nothing with predefined tags--so no.

20 hours ago, jp said:

i clicked on the rebuild cache button and it did it, but now when in the topic list it doesnt show the prefix or tags. when i click to go into the topic the prefix and tag are still there but when viewing the topic list it looks like none of the topics are tagged or have any prefixes. how do i fix?

And yes in settings i have it set to display tags and prefixes

It sounds like the tag cache didn't actually rebuild properly. What version of IPB and AT&P?

19 hours ago, Joel R said:

@Ryan H.

IPS 4.2.2 and Advanced Tags v3.1.9

Tags show up on topic view, but not the coloring

Coloring, tags? You mean prefixes? Screenshot?

i'm running IPS 4.2.2 and AT&P 3.19

yes it seems like rebuilding cache doesnt work properly. If i go into each topic individually and click on + sign to edit tags and then click save, then the prefix works in the topic list view.

but this isn't feasible to do for thousands of topics.

7 hours ago, jp said:

i'm running IPS 4.2.2 and AT&P 3.19

yes it seems like rebuilding cache doesnt work properly. If i go into each topic individually and click on + sign to edit tags and then click save, then the prefix works in the topic list view.

but this isn't feasible to do for thousands of topics.

Try rebuilding the cache again.  I think this solved the issue for me.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Updated to latest version of IPS today

I have created a new forum and tried to add prefixes to it but for some reason it is now only saving 1 prefix

Is this an issue with latest version of IPS?

Can you take a screenshot or two to show what you mean?

I think I found a bug.

If you have a forum, and you set some prefixes and default tags and others.

Then you change that forum's name and editing the tags & prefixes just doesn't work as it should. Instead of saving all prefixes added, it saves just the first one. And sometimes saving doesn't actually save.

28 minutes ago, David.. said:

I think I found a bug.

If you have a forum, and you set some prefixes and default tags and others.

Then you change that forum's name and editing the tags & prefixes just doesn't work as it should. Instead of saving all prefixes added, it saves just the first one. And sometimes saving doesn't actually save.

Unlucky just said the same thing.

I'll look into it.

37 pages to sift through, so apologies if this was submitted already.

When you're mass adding prefixes to forums, if a topic already has the tag that you're prefixing with, that topic will be skipped instead of promoting that tag to the prefix like you're probably wanting. :( 

21 minutes ago, ZackL said:

37 pages to sift through, so apologies if this was submitted already.

When you're mass adding prefixes to forums, if a topic already has the tag that you're prefixing with, that topic will be skipped instead of promoting that tag to the prefix like you're probably wanting. :( 

Sounds like a plausible issue. I'll look into it.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:12 PM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Well I add 8 prefixes and click save but when i go back to edit forum only 1 is showing as saved

Therefore when i go to add a new topic - only 1 prefix is in the list of available prefixes

bit difficult to screenshot this one

Having the same issue now and I'm on IPS 4.3

On 9/2/2017 at 5:13 AM, Michel_72 said:

Hi Ryan,

Any progress on the "one prefix" bug?

I have many forums with multiple prefixes where the use of a prefix is mandentory and since the members can only select 1 prefix, I am getting manny Posts wih the wrong prefixes.

it's extremely timeconsuming to correct those afterwards.

Kind regards,

Michel

No progress. I can't provide any timeline at this point.