Advanced Tags & Prefixes - IPS 4.x

@Ryan H. I found out a bug today that I don't know if it is with the platform or with your app. So I'd like your feedback on this so we can report this bug to IPS if that is the case.

I have a usergroup that I want to allow the users to use prefixes, but not tags. So for this usergroup, we have tags disabled and prefixes enabled.

However, with this setting, the prefixes aren't displayed at the front-end (when creating a new topic) for users in this group. They only appear when I also enable tags for this group.

Can you test this? Thanks.

19 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Ryan H. I found out a bug today that I don't know if it is with the platform or with your app. So I'd like your feedback on this so we can report this bug to IPS if that is the case.

I have a usergroup that I want to allow the users to use prefixes, but not tags. So for this usergroup, we have tags disabled and prefixes enabled.

However, with this setting, the prefixes aren't displayed at the front-end (when creating a new topic) for users in this group. They only appear when I also enable tags for this group.

Can you test this? Thanks.

That's going to be 'not a bug' on both parts, I'm afraid. Prefixes are tags internally, just special ones. That means a given member must be able to use tags in order to use prefixes.

On 14.08.2017 at 9:47 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi @Ryan H.

This is a minor issue that I reported to you in the past, in the topic feed widget the tags and the topic titles don't have a space between them. It is still like this even with the latest update. This is very minor but freaks out a person with OCD like myself.

Thanks,

Gabriel

advanced-tags.png

I still have this problem. Was it fixed?

1 minute ago, motomac said:

Hm... But it obviously breaks this app's own style:

Widget:

59b9f04a5d29c_2017-09-1410_57_38.png.c5c5c5b0c43ac0b7f94b6de11b42b1f2.png

Last topic in a forum:

59b9f04b26079_2017-09-1410_57_33.png.3ddf413940382607ccc0ba22f9fc482d.png

If the problem is caused by the bold font in a widget I suggest to make the font normal - the same as in forum view.

Nothing's broken though. It just looks a little off. It's nothing to do with the bold text, just styling. It shouldn't be hard to work around, I'm just not going to publish a release just for that. I missed it on the last update.

I am getting a MySQL error when I goto ACP > Support > Something isn't working... No apparent errors with the app as far as I am aware however it says the database has a problem with it.

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `forums_topic_mmod` CHANGE COLUMN `topic_prefix` `topic_prefix` INT (10) NULL DEFAULT -1 COMMENT 'AT&P: Topic prefix'

Should I just apply the fix it wants to do?

Edited by Tripp_UK