Delete My Account

What's New in Version 2.3.0:

New features:

• Added date of account deletion request
  • GDPR compliance: added new setting (if you have Commerce installed) to admins decide if members with outstanding Commerce transaction can request account deletion
  • Rework in the account deletion requests template in the ModeratorCP
Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is really cool!

For some reason, I cannot edit the Deletion Terms section.  I've tried in Chrome Incognito in case it was a plugin to no avail.  I want to add that all caches were cleared, and I've also tried this on Microsoft Edge to see if there was a change.  Insert an Image pulls me back to the top of the page. 

Text boxes work elsewhere.
bc97038c7c989d8433f07db2825b99ec.png

Edited by LittleFang

I've tested in FIrefox and Edge and I still can't select it. :( 

I've uninstalled/disabled plugins to make it work and still nothing.  I'm unsure why I'm having this issue in the backend, I may need to contact IPS support.

Is there a way to change the plugin wording for the "optional" reason for deletion, when I want it to be mandatory?  :) 

Thank you for your help!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

I just tried to install this app in my test-installation (v 4.5.4). The marketplace-backend in my ACP simply gives an error-message "There was an error installing the resource, please submit a support ticket for further assistance."

This is clearly not much of information - what can I do to provide more information about the cause of this error?

Usually my test-installation is protected by http basic-authentication, but while installing all the extension, I've disabled the protection. Installing your apps "Ignore Topics" and "Ignore Forums" succeeded.

best regards,
 Dany

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been using this mod for a few years, thanks! It is a much needed essential functionality.

However... I get a lot of delete requests. After 6 weeks of ignoring my delete request queue I have 84 pages (1,668 Requests, going by my current queue...)

While I usually prefer to go through them page by page so I can see if anybody has a specific reason listed I should take note of, or a major user is  requesting deletion that I should contact for confirmation first... I even wrote a javascript hack to mass delete all requests on the current page with a single click so I could speed through it.

But, sometimes I'm lazy (or just really really behind on requests) and would prefer the "Delete All Accounts" button actually did what it suggests. But it never has. Clicking the button always results in a time out and only a handful of accounts ending up deleted.

Could you fix it so the mass deletion is more reliable? Perhaps instead of performing the deletion at request it should just mark accounts for deletion and be done overtime in a task?

Would also appreciate an option to disable confirmation emails, as they feel like a pointless drain to my monthly transactional email limit.

Edited by ExiledVip3r
3 minutes ago, ExiledVip3r said:

But it never has. Clicking the button always results in a time out and only a handful of accounts ending up deleted.

1,668 requests is too much indeed. 😱

5 minutes ago, ExiledVip3r said:

Would also appreciate an option to disable confirmation emails, as they feel like a pointless drain to my monthly transactional email limit.

I’m not sure which email. See if it shows up in the ACP Members Notifications. If it does, you can disable it there for all members.