Delete My Account

7 hours ago, Cyboman said:

It would be nice, if the timestamp / date would be shown in the ModCP member account deletion listing, when a member has requested his account to be deleted.

Our staff only looks into this mask from time to time, and sometimes, we keep member accounts alive for further checks, before we delete them.

So, if we could see, when the deletion request was initially entered in the system, that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

I’m not sure I store the request date. Will take a look tomorrow. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, paulobrien said:

I get a page not found error when I press 'delete all accounts' to OK all requests, is this a known issue?

It tries to go to https://www.mysite.com/requests/delete-all-accounts/&wasConfirmed=1

Thanks

Actually, is delete all accounts delete ALL accounts or action all requests? I would like a way to action all requests at once.

P

I can't reproduce. Works fine here. And yes, DELETE ALL ACCOUNTS will delete accounts flagged to be deleted:

Clear your cache and run the support tool to clear the board cache.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 7:09 AM, opentype said:

As mentioned in the first post I fixed it by uninstalling the app again after the initial failed installation. It always worked the second time around. So there is nothing for me to investigate anymore. I was just telling you in case you want to have a look at the problem and maybe avoid it for other customers.   

I did this also and it fixed things.

15 hours ago, Joel R said:

If user has outstanding commerce transactions (like paid invoices or pending invoices), show something on list to moderator.  It can be something as simple as an icon, but it would be helpful to know before deleting account.  

I think I'll do like that:

iKJnK71.png

Removed the buttons and put them in a menu. The old way was a mess in mobile devices. Now it shows fine:

HsXveDM.png

By "commerce stuff" I mean a message.

You should be carefull with deleting once active customers. In Germany we have to archive ALL data of the customer for 10 years. If you don't -> your looking for trouble!

A timer would be fine to solve some problem like that. The profile is locked, invisible to others and tagged. So after 10 years a cron job deletes it.Something like that maybe.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, Joel R said:

If user has outstanding commerce transactions (like paid invoices or pending invoices), show something on list to moderator.  It can be something as simple as an icon, but it would be helpful to know before deleting account.  

Joel, I won’t even allow this user to request account deletion. I will add a notice in the Account Settings saying that due to Commercial stuff and local laws, it’s not possible to delete the account.