Delete My Account

• 1 month later...

Hi @Adriano Faria 

My best for best holiday.

We upgrade our forum to latest 4.7.5 from 4.7.1 from 4 days ago, the plugin was working as it should with delete requested from members. But today, I had request from old register member from 2014, he simply had one thread with 5 posts, as I went to normal delete from modcp, I get this error:

Error code: 2S119/1

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

So I switch to IPS default theme (unmodified), and I could manage to delete the account. If possible, what theme templates I should look to check about this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

23 hours ago, abobader said:

So I switch to IPS default theme (unmodified), and I could manage to delete the account. If possible, what theme templates I should look to check about this.

Certainly it isn’t this app templates, otherwise It wouldn’t work in default theme too. You should talk to the designer who made the theme and/or compare the differences: https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

• 5 weeks later...

After updating the application to the latest version (2.5.5) we're getting an error trying to delete an account:

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\deletemyaccount\Members::setMemberData() (0)
#0 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\deletemyaccount\extensions\core\Queue\_membersTable->run(Array, 0)
#1 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(87): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#2 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->IPS\core\modules\admin\system\{closure}(Array)
#3 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(138): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#4 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->process()
#5 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php(42): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/domain.org/public_html/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

As the error says there is no setMemberData() function in the \applications\deletemyaccount\sources\Members\Members.php file. I just see 5 class variables defined inside it with no functions at all.

Since it's a staging site we also tried removing and reinstalling the application from scratch just in case. The error is still there and comparing the files nothing changed.

3 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

As the error says there is no setMemberData() function in the \applications\deletemyaccount\sources\Members\Members.php file. I just see 5 class variables defined inside it with no functions at all.

Since it's a staging site we also tried removing and reinstalling the application from scratch just in case. The error is still there and comparing the files nothing changed.

Definitely not right. Should have 3 or 4 static functions there. Will take a look and upgrade it in a couple of hours. Will send you a message with the right file too.

9 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Just remembered I changed the actions to Active Record and probably I’m calling the old way somewhere. Will check it out in a couple of hours.

Hi @Adriano Faria 

I start to see at the system logs these error lately:

error occurred on was https://******/community/index.php?/settings/deletemyaccount/

INSERT INTO `deletemyaccount_members` ( `dma_member_id`, `dma_deleteaccount`, `dma_deleteaccount_date`, `dma_deleteaccount_reason`, `dma_delete_content` ) VALUES ( 847446, 1, 1674693145, NULL, 0 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '847446' for key 'PRIMARY' (1062)
#0 /home/web/public_html/community/system/Db/Db.php(941): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/web/public_html/community/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /home/web/public_html/community/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(263): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/web/public_html/community/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(56): IPS\core\modules\front\system\deletemyaccount_hook_dmaAccSettingsNewTabFunction->_dmaGetForm()
#4 /home/web/public_html/community/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(64): IPS\core\modules\front\system\deletemyaccount_hook_dmaAccSettingsNewTabFunction->_deletemyaccount()
#5 /home/web/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#6 /home/web/public_html/community/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(49): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/web/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#8 /home/web/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Thanks in advance.

Small request... Could you swap the sort direction of the deletion requests in the ModCP to descending order, or add an option for it? That way older requests are displayed first.

I run a very large forum and get ~100 delete requests a day, and I prefer to process the older requests first as I usually get lazy with approving them and tend to be a week or two behind on the requests I'm approving.

I usually end up editing the source code after every update to swap the queries ASC to a DESC, would be nice to stop doing that though.

3 hours ago, abobader said:

going to modcp is emty

Of course. The module on Moderator CP is there to manage requests. If you already managed it by approving or denying it, it isn’t a request anymore. User will be notified if their request was approved or denied via email and an entry is added in the moderator log:

192246798_Screenshot5.PNG.d9aef84c6d7c23

7 hours ago, ExiledVip3r said:

Small request... Could you swap the sort direction of the deletion requests in the ModCP to descending order, or add an option for it? That way older requests are displayed first.

I run a very large forum and get ~100 delete requests a day, and I prefer to process the older requests first as I usually get lazy with approving them and tend to be a week or two behind on the requests I'm approving.

I usually end up editing the source code after every update to swap the queries ASC to a DESC, would be nice to stop doing that though.

I’ll add a new setting in next version. 

11 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Of course. The module on Moderator CP is there to manage requests. If you already managed it by approving or denying it, it isn’t a request anymore. User will be notified if their request was approved or denied via email and an entry is added in the moderator log:

Hi,

That not the case here, I test it with my test account, I request a deletion, then waited few minutes, then cancel it.

I received email about the delete request, that all, then I login to the admincp - moderator logs, no log whatever, not for delete or cancel.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matters.

57 minutes ago, abobader said:

moderator logs, no log whatever, not for delete or cancel.

- Request denied:

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

192246798_Screenshot5.PNG.d9aef84c6d7c23

- Request accepted and account deleted:

mTgBPyH.jpg

Moderator log will log the action: delete account or deny request, on ACP, AFTER the action is done. In front-end, moderators, if opted to receive notifications, will receive it informing about a deletion request:

xL6X5xl.jpg

These notifications link to Moderator CP and obviously are sent and received by moderators only. The user who requested receive nothing when requesting. They will receive an email informing the result: if the account was deleted or the request denied.

This is like that since version 1.0.0. Nothing has changed and it works. I moderate  a busy board and receive dozens of these requests daily.

Edited by Adriano Faria
5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Moderator log will log the action: delete account or deny request, on ACP, AFTER the action is done. In front-end, moderators, if opted to receive notifications, will receive it informing about a deletion request:

Thanks Adriano for this full detail matters.

You are correct, as well this why I request if possible, my idea, sometimes when I received email for delegation request, I simply login to admincp (when I am not login to the forum at that time) and delete the account.

Well, if this request will be more work to be done for you, no need for it.

• 4 months later...